inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's your favorite music video show/program of the '80s? (besides MTV/VH1)

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/01/15 at 12:23 pm

While most people think of MTV (and a lesser degree VH1) as the primary means of watching music videos on TV during the '80s, many who weren't around for that decade discover that other channels, both cable and on air had their own music video block, usually airing overnight on a Friday or Saturday night. Night Flight was the oldest such program starting in May 1981, but most of these shows died out by the end of the '80s or in the early '90s. So for those who could either remember or could find clips of the following, which one of these was your favorite, from the DJs, graphics, and playlist selections?

Subject: Re: What's your favorite music video show/program of the '80s? (besides MTV/VH1)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/01/15 at 12:30 pm

Even though I don't remember the 80s, nor was I born during the decade, I consider Video Jukebox from HBO to be my favorite.

Subject: Re: What's your favorite music video show/program of the '80s? (besides MTV/VH1)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/15 at 2:36 pm

I remember watching Friday Night Videos and Video Jukebox on HBO or what they used to call it back in the days, WHT.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/05/15 at 4:56 pm

I used to watch:

The Great Record Collection: Buffalo
Video Hits: CBC Toronto
Good Rockin Tonite: CBC Toronto
Toronto Rocks: City TV Toronto
America's Top 10: Syndicated
American Bandstand: ABC

Written By: Howard on 11/06/15 at 2:54 pm

American Bandstand: ABC

I used to watch American Bandstand too back in the 80's.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/15 at 2:59 pm

I used to watch Puttin On The Hits with Allen Fawcett 30 years ago.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/16 at 11:08 am

I remember Night Flights and American Bandstand.  Solid Gold back in the 80's was pretty good.

Written By: Starlighter on 05/15/16 at 1:08 pm

I used to watch America's Top 10 with Casey Kasem. 

Written By: Howard on 05/15/16 at 3:06 pm

I used to watch America's Top 10 with Casey Kasem.

same here I used to love his countdown.

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/16 at 9:30 pm

Video Hits: CBC Toronto
Good Rockin Tonite: CBC Toronto

These are the two that I remember.

Check for new replies or respond here...