inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 30th Anniversary of Space Shuttle-Challenger Explosion

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/28/16 at 12:54 pm

Since its the 30th anniversary of that horrible disaster I would like to talk about the historical significance about the event. Also for those who were old enough to remember it, I would like to hear your personal stories about what happened on that day

fSTrmJtHLFU

Subject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Space Shuttle-Challenger Explosion

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/28/16 at 7:39 pm

Damn. 30 years. I feel like the 80s are getting older the more we get into 30 years. Same with the 2000s whenever a year turns a decade old. Seems cool actually. But in all seriousness, I respect the astronauts who died in the explosion. They would all be missed.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/28/16 at 7:56 pm

Damn. 30 years. I feel like the 80s are getting older the more we get into 30 years. Same with the 2000s whenever a year turns a decade old. Seems cool actually. But in all seriousness, I respect the astronauts who died in the explosion. They would all be missed.

Yeah same here its equally crazy to think that 9/11 is almost 15 years old.

Also yes the astronauts that died that day were true heroes!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/28/16 at 7:59 pm

I was 25, I'd just graduated from college and was about a week from embarking on my career (my job was lined up).  The explosion was truly horrific.  I wasn't the President's biggest fan but I greedily devoured all his words of comfort from his TV address afterwards.  The event dominated the news for several days.  Besides the normal reporting we were given a lot of the personal stories of the individuals who were on the doomed mission.  I recall being very interested in the technical details of what went wrong, being the techie that I am.  All in all it was a difficult, tragic event.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/28/16 at 8:25 pm

Yeah same here its equally crazy to think that 9/11 is almost 15 years old.

I already feel like it's been a long time since 9/11 passed. One day, it would be like 9/11 is 20 years old and New York City will probably commemorate Ground Zero with red, white, and blue lights all over the site.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/29/16 at 12:23 am

I was 25, I'd just graduated from college and was about a week from embarking on my career (my job was lined up).  The explosion was truly horrific.  I wasn't the President's biggest fan but I greedily devoured all his words of comfort from his TV address afterwards.  The event dominated the news for several days.  Besides the normal reporting we were given a lot of the personal stories of the individuals who were on the doomed mission.  I recall being very interested in the technical details of what went wrong, being the techie that I am.  All in all it was a difficult, tragic event.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

That sounds tragic, Thank you for responding!

And we should never forget them

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/16 at 2:43 am

A truly sad occasion, of which I remember well.

I was called in by a neighbour to watch the television screen.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 7:30 am

I remember watching the disaster on television, it was a moment in history that will never be forgotten. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 7:31 am

I already feel like it's been a long time since 9/11 passed. One day, it would be like 9/11 is 20 years old and New York City will probably commemorate Ground Zero with red, white, and blue lights all over the site.

Where does all the time go?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/29/16 at 3:48 pm

I vaguely remember it. I was too small to watch the news.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 3:58 pm

I vaguely remember it. I was too small to watch the news.

I was about 12 years old.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/29/16 at 5:22 pm

Thank you for responding!

And thank you for creating this thread...    :)

I already feel like it's been a long time since 9/11 passed.

As much as the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion was truly shocking and awful, it was not nearly the life-changing horror that 9/11 was... 

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 8:04 am

And thank you for creating this thread...    :)

As much as the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion was truly shocking and awful, it was not nearly the life-changing horror that 9/11 was...

9/11 had a much more powerful impact on people's lives.

Check for new replies or respond here...