inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Mig Alley" - A HBO short film from the 80's "HBO Short Takes" (???)

Written By: Grendel_Blitz on 06/23/16 at 9:45 am

I have been looking for this HBO Short Film (Mig Alley) from the 80's for many years and a post in this forum is the closest thing that I have found to a trail.
The topic does not offer a video but I wanted to resurrect it and see if after a few years since it was posted, anyone out there may know where to find the video.

Please help me!!!! ;)

Excerpt from original post:::
"I'm trying to find one called something like "Mig Alley" where the guy steps into the arcade where they install a brand new jet fighter simulator that uses multiple outlets for power and shorts out all the other games.  The game ends up being too realistic and he gets shot up and ejects through the roof."

ORINIGAL POST THREAD:::
http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/smf/1125593272.shtml

Thanks!!!
Grendel_Blitz  \m/

Subject: Re: "Mig Alley" - A HBO short film from the 80's "HBO Short Takes" (???)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/16 at 9:50 am

I have been looking for this HBO Short Film (Mig Alley) from the 80's for many years and a post in this forum is the closest thing that I have found to a trail.
The topic does not offer a video but I wanted to resurrect it and see if after a few years since it was posted, anyone out there may know where to find the video.

Please help me!!!! ;)

Excerpt from original post:::
"I'm trying to find one called something like "Mig Alley" where the guy steps into the arcade where they install a brand new jet fighter simulator that uses multiple outlets for power and shorts out all the other games.  The game ends up being too realistic and he gets shot up and ejects through the roof."

ORINIGAL POST THREAD:::
http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/smf/1125593272.shtml

Thanks!!!
Grendel_Blitz  \m/

Have you tried contacting HBO?

Subject: Re: "Mig Alley" - A HBO short film from the 80's "HBO Short Takes" (???)

Written By: Grendel_Blitz on 06/23/16 at 12:00 pm

Have you tried contacting HBO?

I figured I would try the Web but if nobody has leads to this that will probably be my next step (good idea).
I am not 100% positive that it was in fact an HBO Short but my memory recalls it being so - this was 25ish years ago.

I just find it hard to believe that it is not out there somewhere.
But then again....

\m/

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/16 at 12:08 pm

If you are in the US, how about trying the American Film Institute?

Written By: gibbo on 06/24/16 at 12:31 am

Check for "Dogfights": MIG Alley

Check for new replies or respond here...