inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for help

Written By: HelpingAFriend on 09/27/16 at 9:42 pm

Good evening.

A friend of mine and I are hoping to find someone that can help us locate a video clip of a commercial from the 80s.

I think it was local only and for a religious channel. The commercial shows two kids zoned out sitting on the couch staring at static on the TV. A guy walks in with a trashcan and opens the top of the TV and dumps the trash into it. A mom stands nearby and says "Say thank you kids! See you next week sir!" At least this is how I remember the commercial.

Or something similar to this... as of today I was thinking perhaps it was a Church of Latter Day Saints comjmercial. I believe it played on KNLC Channel 24 out of St Louis or perhaps on PBS Channel 9.

Anyone else on here remember this commercial or have any idea where I might begin to look for it? I have already spent hours randomly searching on Google and Youtube.

Subject: Re: Looking for help

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/16 at 11:24 pm

Have you tried contacting NLC Channel 24 about the commercial?

Check for new replies or respond here...