inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Smell-O-Vision (repost from archives)

Written By: HootyHaHa on 06/16/17 at 10:57 am

First, here's the original post
Smell-o-vision www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/1071169784.shtml

I dont want to steal the thunder, this was already asked about years ago.

I wanted to say, absolutely, this was a show with John Ritter sponsored by 7-11.  Like the rest of the people I could not find anything about it, but I remember it as clear as day, or like it was just a few years ago.
You were giving a card with different smells.  In the show you would be queued to smell certain cards during certain scenes. There was also a slurpee cup dedicated to the show that I had.  This isn't on Wikipedia or IMDB for some reason. As famous as John Ritter is, you would think that somebody would have some info on it.  I've thought about contacting 7-11 on their corporate site to get info on this show, surely they have info.

Yes, I'm ... older.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Smell-O-Vision (repost from archives)

Written By: annimal on 06/16/17 at 1:16 pm

doesn't sniff a smell for me

Subject: Re: Smell-O-Vision (repost from archives)

Written By: Howard on 06/16/17 at 3:24 pm

First, here's the original post
Smell-o-vision www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/1071169784.shtml

I dont want to steal the thunder, this was already asked about years ago.

I wanted to say, absolutely, this was a show with John Ritter sponsored by 7-11.  Like the rest of the people I could not find anything about it, but I remember it as clear as day, or like it was just a few years ago.
You were giving a card with different smells.  In the show you would be queued to smell certain cards during certain scenes. There was also a slurpee cup dedicated to the show that I had.  This isn't on Wikipedia or IMDB for some reason. As famous as John Ritter is, you would think that somebody would have some info on it.  I've thought about contacting 7-11 on their corporate site to get info on this show, surely they have info.

Yes, I'm ... older.  :-\\

Wasn't this during the early 80's?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...