inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dynasty vs. Dynasty Reboot

Written By: Karioprkaj on 03/20/18 at 4:30 pm

Guys, which version do you like? Interestingly, the latter is far more progressive and liberal than its predecessor.

Subject: Re: Dynasty vs. Dynasty Reboot

Written By: robby76 on 03/21/18 at 12:50 am

I normally hate 80s remakes. I'm a huge Dynasty fan - have 3 seasons on dvd which I watch regularly (seasons 4, 5 and 6) - and I'm currently watching season 3 on download lol.

When the reboot started I rolled my eyes but as it went on I kinda got into it. I've been watching it ever since. They seem to be re-telling the original storyline in full. So those who know the original will have no problem following things. Had to laugh at Sammy Jo being a gay guy called Samuel Joseph.

Yes it is very progressive, but Steven being gay in the original series was pretty groundbreaking too.

Written By: robby76 on 03/21/18 at 12:57 am

Oh and as always my vote goes to the original series. You can't beat all that glitz and glamour. Plus they had better storylines and settings... love the outdoor scenes like when they play tennis or when they eat out at La Mirage. It reminds me of the country club we used to go to as kids.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/carringtondynasty/images/3/3d/LaMiragetenniscourts3.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20130902212325

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 04/08/18 at 5:03 am

I still prefer the original.

Check for new replies or respond here...