inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for the original of this 80s cover song

Written By: christopher on 05/11/18 at 1:45 pm

In Bulgaria and in other European countries in the 60s-2000s many obscure and not so obscure Western songs were covered in our local languages. Can you please tell me the name of the original of this song:
BagOdhUu_ls

Tis was released in 1987, so the original might be from 1983-1986. Most likely it sounds like American/UK 80s Dance/HiNrg, or one of the Italo disco records of Continential Europe. Note the so 80s key change at 2:11. :)

Subject: Re: Looking for the original of this 80s cover song

Written By: robby76 on 05/12/18 at 8:11 am

Nice song - sounds very familiar but not enough to know the title lol.

Written By: robby76 on 05/12/18 at 9:44 pm

Actually can you not translate the songwriters names on the sleeve? If it is a cover it should credit the original songwriters.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/12/18 at 11:10 pm

Suggesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQzJAKxTrE

Written By: Henk on 05/13/18 at 1:14 am

In Bulgaria and in other European countries in the 60s-2000s many obscure and not so obscure Western songs were covered in our local languages. Can you please tell me the name of the original of this song:

Tis was released in 1987, so the original might be from 1983-1986. Most likely it sounds like American/UK 80s Dance/HiNrg, or one of the Italo disco records of Continential Europe. Note the so 80s key change at 2:11. :)

This strongly reminds me of the sound of Ricchi e Poveri, so I'm thinking it's probably them originally (though I can't name the song).

Written By: robby76 on 05/13/18 at 3:10 am

I'm getting a Menudo vibe from this. It's definitely very familiar.

Not this song, but kinda similar in places...

Hy-ZbNKpzi0

Written By: loki 13 on 05/13/18 at 10:06 am

Suggesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQzJAKxTrE

When I listened last night I thought it sounded familiar. At 4:00 AM I woke up and said, "Aha!" Then I came on here and seen you've
already posted my aha moment.

Written By: christopher on 05/14/18 at 12:08 pm

Actually can you not translate the songwriters names on the sleeve? If it is a cover it should credit the original songwriters.

Nope in Bulgaria They used to list covers as just "Bulgarian text: whoever" and only that, no music. Sometimes they list the Bulgarian arranger. I think maybe they were barely legal lol, the Iron wall and all. ;D
There's a cover When The Going Gets Tough on this records, quality is a bit poor:
AoeDCT3RW04

and even of Alphaville's Big In Japan:
09O6yqCNP-I

Yes, Ricchi e poveri (sp) were big locally, so they were often covered.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/16/18 at 10:54 pm

(Веселин Маринов - Как се става звезда (1987) аудио)

While I don't recognize the tune, the title translates to "How to Become a Star (1987) Audio" -- can you translate/transcribe the lyrics? (Bulgarian's fine, but if you speak both, you might do a better job with idioms/phrases that Easterners would understand that Westerners wouldn't, than Google Translate, and that might help too.)

Written By: christopher on 05/20/18 at 2:23 pm

Ok, I will try as I can't find the lyrics online (it's an obscure but very fun song, hidden and not made big to avoid copyright claims! ;)): I like it very much too, the rhythm couldn't be more 80's and the lyrics are a good change from all the lyrics about love!

I put explanations or words that are NOT in our language lyrics in "[]" just to make the text more clear for understanding. We read the "y" as in Spanish word "and", same as "i".

Verse 1:
I sing love songs ,
I sing others in a new rhythm
A short success, but why?

Chorus:
How to become a star,
who will show me...
a way for that?
How to become a star,
Who will tell me
what advice
To listen to, I don't even know!

Verse 2:
Maybe the lyrics* are weak
or modern?
Maybe I am still young
to size up powers ?
I am searching for success, SOS!

Chorus x 1:

Chorus:
How to become a star,
who will show me...
a way for that?
How to become a star,
Who will tell me
what advice

How to become a star,
who will show me...
a way for that?
How to become a star,
Who will tell me
what advice...

How to become a star,
who will show me...
a way for that?
(etc.)
How to become a star,
who will show me?

I don't even kno-o-o-w
I don't even kno-o-o-w
I don't even know

Check for new replies or respond here...