inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Famous guest star appearances on '80s TV

Written By: yelimsexa on 08/07/18 at 6:17 am

To follow-up with the music thread, there was certainly main episodes on the tube where guest celebrities would appear on a TV show. Please keep posts to scripted TV and not news/talk shows or specials.

Subject: Re: Famous guest star appearances on '80s TV

Written By: Howard on 08/07/18 at 7:20 am

I remember when Mr.T and Nancy Reagan both in 1983 appeared on an episode of Different Strokes.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZDhjNjJkOTQtZDgyYS00MTU5LTlkNTItNTc2MDQ5ZDcyNjAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/54/06/dd540696faa04454cca8f796c3f7205d.jpg

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 08/11/18 at 3:49 am

Elizabeth Taylor rather famously made a guest appearance on the daytime soap General Hospital as Helena Casssadine during the Luke & Laura wedding story arc in the early-80s. Her guest appearances helped to make the wedding the most watched daytime drama episode of all time!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/18 at 12:50 pm

Elizabeth Taylor rather famously made a guest appearance on the daytime soap General Hospital as Helena Casssadine during the Luke & Laura wedding story arc in the early-80s. Her guest appearances helped to make the wedding the most watched daytime drama episode of all time!

Years later (I think in the '90s), Rosanne Barr made an appearance as the same character along with her then-husband Tom Arnold. (Yeah, I used to watch GH.)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/11/18 at 1:52 pm

Whitney Houston made an appearance on Silver Spoons back in 1984.

Written By: robby76 on 08/13/18 at 7:58 am

Every 80s episode of Love Boat lol.

Andy Gibb appeared in Punky Brewster and Gimme A Break.
La Toya Jackson appeared in the Fall Guy.
Boy George in the A-Team.

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/18 at 10:45 pm

Whitney Houston made an appearance on Silver Spoons back in 1984.

She also appeared on an episode of Gimme A Break! before she hit it big as a singer

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/18 at 10:59 pm

El DeBarge was on an episode of The Facts of Life playing himself and performed the song 'You wear it well'
Laura Branigan was on an episode of "CHiPs".  She wasn't playing herself, but she did sing 'Gloria'

Burt Reynolds famously appeared in an episode of The Golden Girls.  He took Sophia out to dinner

Robert Pine played Zack Morris' dad on a 1988 episode of the Disney channel series Good Morning, Miss Bliss.  When the show transitioned to NBC as Saved by the Bell, they got a different actor to play the role.

Written By: nally on 09/14/18 at 11:23 pm

Laura Branigan was on an episode of "CHiPs".  She wasn't playing herself, but she did sing 'Gloria'

I remember that episode. She played a singer named Sarah, who sang with other women.

Robert Pine played Zack Morris' dad on a 1988 episode of the Disney channel series Good Morning, Miss Bliss.  When the show transitioned to NBC as Saved by the Bell, they got a different actor to play the role.

and Mr. Pine, of course, also has ties to "CHiPs", as Sergeant Getraer, a main character!

Written By: robby76 on 09/15/18 at 12:29 am

Laura Branigan also appeared in short-lived series "Automan".

xiJkFIbn7IU

Julio Iglesias also appeared very briefly in a Golden Girls episode.

And let's not forget Stevie Wonder in the Cosby Show singing "I Just Called".

Written By: Howard on 09/15/18 at 3:40 pm

She also appeared on an episode of Gimme A Break! before she hit it big as a singer

Her appearance was in 1983.

Check for new replies or respond here...