inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: YCDTOTV/You Can't Do That on Television

Written By: andersenb11775 on 11/26/18 at 5:07 am

Christine "Moose" McGlade, Lisa Ruddy, Barth, Ross, Alasdair and the rest.

I just came across something that would have got them in hot water had it been 2019 and not 1979:

an uncomfortable close-up on the rear bumper of pre-teen cast member Robin Marpack (who was wearing short-shorts, which made it worse)

http://www.barthsburgery.com/ycdtotv/eleven79/YCDTOTV1100136.jpg

Subject: Re: YCDTOTV/You Can't Do That on Television

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/26/18 at 6:03 pm

Les Lyle who played many of the lead male roles in that show died in 2009.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/18 at 6:39 pm

D'I heard that.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/18 at 5:19 pm

YCDTOTV started in 1979 as a local show on the Ottawa CTV affiliate CJOH-TV.  In 1981, it got picked up nationally, then Internationally by the end of that year.  I've always remembered it as that local show. 

Back in 2011, CJOH celebrated 50 years and they noted that YCDTOT was one of the two biggest TV shows they produced to be successful outside of Canada.  The other was The Amazing Kreskin

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/27/18 at 10:26 pm

I bet all of the old tapes of YCDTOTV were lost when the old CJOH building caught fire in 2010.

Hg5_vL3bzQk  5xJ8cGjDIOU

Written By: andersenb11775 on 11/28/18 at 12:11 am

*sings* "Who wears short-shorts? Robin on YCDTOTV wears short-shorts!"

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/18 at 12:14 am

I bet all of the old tapes of YCDTOTV were lost when the old CJOH building caught fire in 2010.

I remember when that happened.  CJOH has had so much tragic stuff happen over the years.  I remember back in the mid-90s, their sports anchor Brian Smith was shot dead outside of the studio by a crazed gunman

Written By: andersenb11775 on 11/29/18 at 2:44 am

Didn't the killer believe CJOH was sending signals into his brain?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/30/18 at 10:33 pm

Didn't the killer believe CJOH was sending signals into his brain?

Yes, he did.  He did time in a mental health facility and was released some time ago.

I remember when that happened.  CJOH has had so much tragic stuff happen over the years.  I remember back in the mid-90s, their sports anchor Brian Smith was shot dead outside of the studio by a crazed gunman

I remember when that happened. Brian was a sort of pillar in his community. He was a mentor to a lot of the kids who played hockey.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/04/18 at 11:40 pm

SWI5ucgEzME

Brian Smith aka Smitty
1940-1995
Age 54

Written By: pell on 12/07/18 at 10:13 pm

I used to go to www.ycdtotv.com a lot around the same time I started coming here in the late 90s. Like a lot of places on the Web, activity on the site and forum has come to a crawl.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 12/11/18 at 5:00 am

I used to go to www.ycdtotv.com a lot around the same time I started coming here in the late 90s. Like a lot of places on the Web, activity on the site and forum has come to a crawl.

most people don't use forums to discuss things like YCDTOTV anymore, they use social networks.

Check for new replies or respond here...