inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: True 80s hairstlyes?

Written By: GameXcaper on 05/27/19 at 2:13 pm

I know that everyone will immediately point to the mullet. Most people will also mention how hairstyles from this time period were really bad. But people who make fun of the hairstyles from this time just nitpick a couple of bad photos and use that as their proof. But when I look at movies, cartoon, anime, and music videos from this time, the hairstyles don't look bad at all, in fact, they look very good in motion. Michael J Fox's hairstyle from the Back to the Future movies neither does William Dafoe in back To Live and die in LA, Ray Liotta from Goodfellas, Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator, and many other movies. These guys don't have mullets, yet I never see anyone today with hairstyles like that. Even the mullets looked good, look at Nik Kershaw and Marten Harket from Aha.

Subject: Re: True 80s hairstlyes?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/19 at 2:19 pm

Check out hair here!

"Outrageous" 80's hairstyles you still don't think are that bad?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/19 at 2:47 pm

I had a girly mullet type hairstyle in 1988. But it was so cute! Cut short with bangs in the front and long in the back. It looked adorable on me ;D

Written By: Retrolover on 07/30/19 at 8:15 am

I can’t think of any the hairstyles that weren’t new in the 80s.

The return to big hair (like how Boomers did in the 60s) was the worst thing to happen to that decade!  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...