inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Judith Barsi

Written By: andersenb11775 on 06/08/19 at 11:50 pm

She would have gone far had a paranoid and abusive drunkard not killed her and her mother when he found out they were going to leave him.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0058279/

Subject: Re: Remembering Judith Barsi

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/19 at 4:33 pm

Oh, so tragic.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 07/18/21 at 4:33 am

Judith Barsi deserved a meatier part in the eighties Twilight Zone than the one she got. Using her as Debbie Cunningham in the TZ segment “Children’s’ Zoo” instead of Jaclyn Bernstein would be an interesting road not taken. And she’d probably have pulled off Debbie's sailor suit better than Jackie did.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/21 at 7:27 am

She would have gone far had a paranoid and abusive drunkard not killed her and her mother when he found out they were going to leave him.

I think that had she survived, she could've been an all time great in the voiceover industry. She'd been voicing in Don Bluth films for the last couple years of her life, and Bluth showered praise on her ability to take direction and convey emotion. She had started getting into televised cartoon voices as well. I think her floor in terms of voice over success would've been a career like that of Lacey Chabert, specializing in voicing light-voiced girl characters. However, if her voice had deepened later on and she'd developed more range, the sky might have been the limit for her and she could've had a Tara Strong/Grey Delisle-esque voice over career.

https://i.imgur.com/oUO7kyX.jpg

When did she pass away?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/22/21 at 3:59 pm

Her father Jozef was a monster.  Imagine abusing your wife and daughter to the point where your daughter is physically pulling her hair out?  All because he was jealous that his daughter was making more money than he was? Imagine that you're a mother and you don't protect your child because you don't want to be alone? Maria and CPS failed to protect Judith.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 07/25/21 at 8:25 pm

Reading Jennifer Enskat’s comment about how bloated and awful Judith looked the last time Jen saw her and Maria (Maria told Jennifer that she and Judith had decided to run) and how it had taken an.extensive session in the makeup chair to make Judith look as good as she did in A Family Again, her last filmed role, I looked again at screencaps from her other two 1988 roles St Elsewhere and Growing Pains, and it seems they had to do makeup with those as well.. Rest In Peace, little lady.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/21 at 4:26 am

Reading Jennifer Enskat’s comment about how bloated and awful Judith looked the last time Jen saw her and Maria (Maria told Jennifer that she and Judith had decided to run) and how it had taken an.extensive session in the makeup chair to make Judith look as good as she did in A Family Again, her last filmed role, I looked again at screencaps from her other two 1988 roles St Elsewhere and Growing Pains, and it seems they had to do makeup with those as well.. Rest In Peace, little lady.

I think I remember her from Growing Pains.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/26/21 at 12:45 pm

I think I remember her from Growing Pains.

Yeah, she played Carol at 5 years old.

Mike: (Thinking) "Okay chump! You owe $50 +interest from September 12, 1976"
Carol: (Thinking) "September 12, 1976?"?

Written By: Howard on 07/26/21 at 3:14 pm

Yeah, she played Carol at 5 years old.

Mike: (Thinking) "Okay chump! You owe $50 +interest from September 12, 1976"
Carol: (Thinking) "September 12, 1976?"?

Wasn't Carol in some sort of dream in that episode? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/27/21 at 11:31 am

Wasn't Carol in some sort of dream in that episode? ???

More like a memory sequence than a dream.  She was trying to remember what happened on that specific date that Mike was remembering? It turns out that she had made a bet that Mike wouldn't graduate high school.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 07/27/21 at 7:44 pm

Its hard to see Judith as the middle aged woman she would be today.

Written By: nally on 07/27/21 at 7:47 pm

Its hard to see Judith as the middle aged woman she would be today.

yes, she would have turned 43 last month. :\'(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 07/29/21 at 6:11 pm

If you watch 1984s “Fatal Vision” where Judith was six and they made her play an eighteen month old baby/toddler girl because of her growth deformity, you’ll see that they put her in a freaking high chair in one scene. That would have done a number on her :(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/04/21 at 4:01 am

When did she pass away?

She and her mother were brutally murdered on July 25, 1988.  Shortly after her 10th birthday.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/21 at 4:18 am

She and her mother were brutally murdered on July 25, 1988.  Shortly after her 10th birthday.

That's so sad.  :\'(

Written By: andersenb11775 on 08/04/21 at 4:57 pm

After he murdered Maria and Judith, Jozsef Barsi spent two days in the house with the dead bodies. When Judith’s agent called, wondering wihy Judith had missed an audition with Hanna-Barbera Productions for an upcoming animated TV series, Jozsef claimed Maria and Judith had left in a car for San Diego.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/21 at 5:41 pm

After he murdered Maria and Judith, Jozsef Barsi spent two days in the house with the dead bodies. When Judith’s agent called, wondering wihy Judith had missed an audition with Hanna-Barbera Productions for an upcoming animated TV series, Jozsef claimed Maria and Judith had left in a car for San Diego.

Why specifically are you so interested in this ugly situation? It seems you have more than a mere passing interest.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/04/21 at 6:50 pm

Why specifically are you so interested in this ugly situation? It seems you have more than mere passing interest.

I agree.  I really think that the minute details really aren't all that necessary to hear?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/04/21 at 7:12 pm

Why specifically are you so interested in this ugly situation? It seems you have more than a mere passing interest.

I agree.  I really think that the minute details are really aren't all that necessary to hear?

I too agree. It's a bit depressing to read.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/10/21 at 9:01 am

Should this topic be in the Celebrity Heaven board?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/10/21 at 10:51 am

Not really!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/10/21 at 11:01 am

Not really!

Correct. It shouldn't be anywhere. The OP locked it due to complaints and then unlocked it again. OP also locked and unlocked a similar thread about a murdered young girl. This all needs to be looked into, and a decision made regarding appropriateness.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/10/21 at 7:45 pm

I know talking about how Jozef murdered his family and then took himself out really rubs me the wrong way.  Then he locks it and unlocks it.  I know we were both offended by this thread.  >:( >:( >:(

Written By: nally on 08/10/21 at 7:55 pm

I don't think so. The person didn't die recently.

Not really!

I agree.

Correct. It shouldn't be anywhere. The OP locked it due to complaints and then unlocked it again. OP also locked and unlocked a similar thread about a murdered young girl. This all needs to be looked into, and a decision made regarding appropriateness.

I also agree with this.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 08/11/21 at 7:10 pm

My intention was purely to honour Judith and Samantha’s memories. I’m interested in old films and 20th century history. Also, being interested in true crime isn’t wrong unless you are a Columbiner or such, which I am not. Anyway, I accept the reprimand.

Check for new replies or respond here...