inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Real Ghostbusters

Written By: Retrolover on 07/18/19 at 10:26 am

“The Real Ghostbusters” (not to be confused with F Troop cartoon “Filmation’s Ghostbusters”) was one of the greatest cartoons and toylines of not just the 1980s and 1990s, but of all time!!

https://fletchtalks.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/vlcsnap-2015-09-22-21h10m16s357.png

What are your thoughts on all things “The Real Ghostbusters” from the mid 80s into the 1990s? How about the Slimer gummy face candy plate things they sold at the movie theaters in the late 80s and early 90s? Did you own the McDonald’s Happy Meal toys from the fall of 1987? Did you have a RGB themed birthday party in 1988 or 1989? Did you stop wanting to be a Ghostbuster after the second film lost to Batman? Why did it seem like the Hi-C Ecto Cooler tie-in was more successful than the cartoon and Kenner toy line? Were you sad when Xennials stopped being Ghostheads and became Shellheads (TMNT fans) in 1990? Please share all of your RGB stories and pictures here.

https://2warpstoneptune.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/real-ghostbusters-1.jpg

Subject: The Real Ghostbusters

Written By: Dude111 on 07/19/19 at 11:55 pm

I dunno...I havent seen it but if its like the movie GHOSTBUSTERS,I dont think I would care for it.... (I dont really care for it)

I do like the spiritual world but that movie doesnt seem real,I mean its kinda a silly movie and not serious......... I dunno

Subject: Re: The Real Ghostbusters

Written By: Retrolover on 07/20/19 at 12:12 am

I dunno...I havent seen it but if its like the movie GHOSTBUSTERS,I dont think I would care for it.... (I dont really care for it)

I do like the spiritual world but that movie doesnt seem real,I mean its kinda a silly movie and not serious......... I dunno

So, both the movies and cartoon series were too much of a fantasy in your eyes. I understand where you are coming from. We all come from a loving higher power. Evil spirits just do not exist.

Were you alive when Xennials were wearing Ghostbusters 2 flight suits with RGB Proton Packs on their backs and PKE meters in their hands? What did you think about Xennials wanting to be Ghostbusters in the late 80s?

Written By: annimal on 07/20/19 at 10:46 am

but  Dude threeee

Written By: Retrolover on 07/20/19 at 11:45 am

Was the first “Ghostbusters” movie better than “The Real Ghostbusters” series? Did anyone here dislike the F Troop cartoon “Filmation’s Ghostbusters” coming out in the same year of the series based off of the 1984 movie? In other words, would you prefer “The Real Ghostbusters” be only “Ghostbusters” like lazy Xennials called it in the late 80s and early 90s?

Written By: robby76 on 07/20/19 at 11:32 pm

It wasn't my favourite cartoon, but I did have 3 of these figures as a kid. For some reason I didn't buy the chubby guy.

https://ghostbustersnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/april_fools_day_2018.jpg

Written By: Retrolover on 07/20/19 at 11:49 pm

It wasn't my favourite cartoon, but I did have 3 of these figures as a kid. For some reason I didn't buy the chubby guy.

https://ghostbustersnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/april_fools_day_2018.jpg

What was your favorite cartoon in the late 80s? What was the best set of Ghostbusters from the whole toy line to you? Was it the first series heroes? Any of the Fright Features heroes? Power Pack heroes? Slimed heroes? You can even say Ecto Glow heroes if you found them to be better than the rest.

Written By: robby76 on 07/21/19 at 10:01 am

What was your favorite cartoon in the late 80s? What was the best set of Ghostbusters from the whole toy line to you? Was it the first series heroes? Any of the Fright Features heroes? Power Pack heroes? Slimed heroes? You can even say Ecto Glow heroes if you found them to be better than the rest.

Out of the 3 action figures I had, I liked Egon the best cause he was quirky looking. I only bought the ones pictured above from the first series / wave.

Well late 80s I was getting into my teenage years, so I was getting out of the cartoon stage. I was never into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles etc. Looking on Wiki at cartoons that came out in 1988, I did watch Denver The Last Dinosaur, Dino Riders and Alf.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/21/19 at 5:04 pm

Out of the 3 action figures I had, I liked Egon the best cause he was quirky looking. I only bought the ones pictured above from the first series / wave.

Well late 80s I was getting into my teenage years, so I was getting out of the cartoon stage. I was never into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles etc. Looking on Wiki at cartoons that came out in 1988, I did watch Denver The Last Dinosaur, Dino Riders and Alf.

Egon was the most iconic out of the whole group. That haircut was ‘radical’ to most Xennials at the time.

Who was the scariest villain on “The Real Ghostbusters” to you?

Written By: robby76 on 07/21/19 at 10:56 pm

I've forgotten who any of the villains were - it was so long ago. The cartoon is on Netflix though - may dip into it.

How old are you RetroLover?

Written By: Retrolover on 07/21/19 at 11:03 pm

I've forgotten who any of the villains were - it was so long ago. The cartoon is on Netflix though - may dip into it.

How old are you RetroLover?

I’m 37.

The Sandman and Train Station Haunter were the creepiest villains on the show to me.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/28/19 at 1:20 pm

Did anyone like the cartoon over the first movie on here?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/22/20 at 5:24 pm

I remember when the Kenner Proton Pack and Super Mario Brothers 2 were the hottest items to have.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/27/20 at 12:39 pm

I don’t know what Kenner was thinking by releasing these toys:

https://ectocontainment.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/frightfeaturesegon.jpg?w=640

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/52/64/12/5264120c6c3ba3ff16dc4ec6a45528bd.jpg

The Ghostbusters were not supposed to be afraid of ghosts, so what happened?

Check for new replies or respond here...