inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help identifying a mid 80s TV Commercial

Written By: eeveecandy on 09/30/19 at 3:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I know this is a long shot, but perhaps someone out there might have the knowledge to help me find a commercial I recall very fondly from my childhood. This is what I remember about it:

Aired in the summer of 1986 or 1986

It had a very smooth and mellow saxophone playing thru out

One scene that stands out is a mother and daughter laying on a hammock, and the daughter is playing with a Care Bear (this scene is in a small 'montage' of sorts)

I want to say that is was a commercial for some sort of drink like iced tea or diet soda, but I honestly do not remember anymore than the two things I listed (I was about 8 or 9 when this aired), but I do remember that feel-good, summery saxophone like it was yesterday...

Anyhoo, if someone has ANY idea what I'm talking about please let me know!

Cheers!
Eevee

Subject: Re: Help identifying a mid 80s TV Commercial

Written By: eeveecandy on 09/30/19 at 3:17 pm

*1986 or *1987

Written By: annimal on 09/30/19 at 4:56 pm

I'll let you know if I can recall anything that might be it

Written By: eeveecandy on 10/01/19 at 2:33 pm

Thank you!

Written By: eeveecandy on 10/01/19 at 5:07 pm

A couple more things that I somewhat remember:

The ad was geared towards women, and I seem to recall the 'montage' being the life of an average women from 'day' to 'night' (the lady on the hammock with her daughter representing the 'day'). Almost sounds like it might have been a deodorant ad...

Written By: violet_shy on 10/01/19 at 11:02 pm

Hmm...I vaguely remember it. Which I find strange since I can remember everything from 1986. But I have to say, I'm not good at remembering commercials. When I was a kid and I would watch music videos or cartoons. The commercial break would come on and I would leave the room. I've done that my entire life so I kinda block those memories. I can remember some commercials but not all of them. Sorry this was a bit off topic, lol.

The commercial you described is not completely in my memory. It's very vague. Sorry I can't help. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...