inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blackadder

Written By: andersenb11775 on 11/14/19 at 8:56 am

I was watching the election night episode of Blackadder the Third and I noticed the joke that when the "Standing at the Back, Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party" guy is explaining their policies, he DOESN'T qualify that "free corsets for the under-fives" means little girls. Heh Heh Heh.

Subject: Re: Blackadder

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/20 at 9:22 am

I was watching the election night episode of Blackadder the Third and I noticed the joke that when the "Standing at the Back, Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party" guy is explaining their policies, he DOESN'T qualify that "free corsets for the under-fives" means little girls. Heh Heh Heh.
;D ;D ;D

Yes, the candidate Ivor Biggun, played by Geoffrey McGivern, who played Ford Prefect in the radio series (1978–80) and subsequent LP releases of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams who he knew from University.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 01/11/20 at 9:26 pm

How many people, on watching this episode for the first time, assumed Ivor Biggun was played by Monty Python’s Terry Jones? The facial resemblance and vocal similarity are extraordinary.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/20 at 12:18 am

How many people, on watching this episode for the first time, assumed Ivor Biggun was played by Monty Python’s Terry Jones? The facial resemblance and vocal similarity are extraordinary.
I would easily recognise Terry Jones, being a Monty Python follower.

Also, the character name Ivor Biggun was taken as wordplay, and is a humorous pop band from 1978, fronted by a Doc Cox British musician and former television journalist. He is known for his appearances on the BBC TV programme That's Life!

Check for new replies or respond here...