inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Death of Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson

Written By: pell on 12/14/19 at 1:19 am

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about the death of Marie Fredricksson on December 9.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2019/12/10/roxette-singer-marie-fredriksson-dies/?outputType=amp

Were you a Roxette fan? I liked their music when it came on the radio or MTV. I still considered myself a rocker when they were big, but I was warming back up to pop music.

Subject: Re: Death of Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson

Written By: Elor on 12/14/19 at 10:35 am

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about the death of Marie Fredricksson on December 9.

There actually is.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60616.0

Written By: nally on 12/14/19 at 10:37 am

That's right, anytime a famous person passes away, we post a thread about it in Celebrity Heaven.

Written By: pell on 12/14/19 at 10:16 pm

There actually is.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60616.0

That's right, anytime a famous person passes away, we post a thread about it in Celebrity Heaven.

Thanks. I didn't know that. I rarely venture outside the 80s forum, and I was surprised not to see a thread considering Roxette was a popular 80s band.

Written By: nally on 12/15/19 at 2:13 pm

Thanks. I didn't know that. I rarely venture outside the 80s forum, and I was surprised not to see a thread considering Roxette was a popular 80s band.

They also continued their success into the 90s with hits such as "It Must Have Been Love" ('90) and "Joyride" ('91).

Written By: robby76 on 12/16/19 at 8:00 am

For the UK at least, Roxette were more of a 90s band. They only had one UK hit in April '89 - the rest were all from 1990 onwards.

Anyway was sad to hear of her passing. Roxette were touch and go for me - good ballads, but their more upbeat tracks weren't for me.

Apart from their 2 major 1990 ballads, I liked "Fading Like A Flower" in 1991.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/16/19 at 11:12 pm

Late 80s to early 90s was my prime, and I loved Roxette's music.

Then Savage Garden came out and I'm like what's this, it sounds almost the same.

Written By: nally on 12/16/19 at 11:18 pm

Late 80s to early 90s was my prime, and I loved Roxette's music.

Then Savage Garden came out and I'm like what's this, it sounds almost the same.

Oh yes... especially Savage Garden's debut single "I Want You". Even though the intro vocals are sung rapidly on that one, it sorta reminds me of "The Look" by Roxette (on which Per Gessle, the male member of Roxette, sings lead; he and Darren Hayes sound almost identical).

Written By: pell on 12/17/19 at 12:38 pm

Oh yes... especially Savage Garden's debut single "I Want You". Even though the intro vocals are sung rapidly on that one, it sorta reminds me of "The Look" by Roxette (on which Per Gessle, the male member of Roxette, sings lead; he and Darren Hayes sound almost identical).

You're right. When "I Want You" would come on the radio or MTV, I kept waiting for the line "She's got the look" until I would remember "oh, it's THAT song."

Check for new replies or respond here...