inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Indiana Jones/Temple of Doom

Written By: andersenb11775 on 02/03/20 at 4:28 am

I always wonder if the Little Maharajah at Pankot Palace was under some kind of enchantment that would eventually transform him into an actual girl. That outfit, that voice that sounds way too girlish (because the actor was dubbed)...

Subject: Re: Indiana Jones/Temple of Doom

Written By: violet_shy on 02/03/20 at 6:45 pm

Lol this is so random!  :D

I'm pretty sure he was a boy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/20 at 12:59 am

Lol this is so random!  :D

I'm pretty sure he was a boy.

Ditto!

But the thing I remember from this film is the Obi Wan Bar seen in the background, an homage to the Star Wars character.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/36/590x/secondary/Star-Wars-and-Indiana-Jones-Easter-Eggs-897993.jpg

Written By: violet_shy on 02/04/20 at 1:23 pm

Ditto!

But the thing I remember from this film is the Obi Wan Bar seen in the background, an homage to the Star Wars character.

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/36/590x/secondary/Star-Wars-and-Indiana-Jones-Easter-Eggs-897993.jpg

Lol I never noticed that!

Written By: andersenb11775 on 02/14/20 at 4:17 am

Sorry it's just the boy's outfit and the fact that he was dubbed by Katie Leigh. It's a joke, son, to quote Foghorn Leghorn.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/14/20 at 8:34 am

Sorry it's just the boy's outfit and the fact that he was dubbed by Katie Leigh. It's a joke, son, to quote Foghorn Leghorn.

Why was he dubbed? I'm sure his real voice would have been fine. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/20 at 6:39 pm

Out of all the Indian Jones movies and shows, the Temple of Doom was the worst.  8-P  All the other movies (including the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) were good. Of course Raiders & The Last Crusade were the best.

The Young Indy series was really good. If you have never seen them, I highly recommend them. There was also a Young Indy movie-Travels with Father. That was also good. 

Cat

Subject: Re: Indiana Jones

Written By: andersenb11775 on 12/14/21 at 2:04 am

Really depressing that 1980s (White) audiences for IJ and the Last Crusade were deemed too ignorant to know of Jesse Owens or why he’s important.

mind you, someone once tried to speedy delete the biographical article on Samantha Reed Smith on Wikipedia because “anyone can write a letter to the government”…

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/14/21 at 12:50 pm

Out of all the Indian Jones movies and shows, the Temple of Doom was the worst.  8-P  All the other movies (including the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) were good. Of course Raiders & The Last Crusade were the best.

The Young Indy series was really good. If you have never seen them, I highly recommend them. There was also a Young Indy movie-Travels with Father. That was also good. 

Cat

I liked Last Crusade the best, especially because of Sean Connery, followed by Temple of Doom (especially the kid from Goonies), then Raiders of the Lost Ark close behind. I thought Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the worst, especially toward the ending.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/21 at 1:02 pm

I liked Last Crusade the best, especially because of Sean Connery, followed by Temple of Doom (especially the kid from Goonies), then Raiders of the Lost Ark close behind. I thought Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the worst, especially toward the ending.
Agreed, except for Temple of Doom, which I think is dire, but I will watch it again.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 3:24 am

Didn't they remake Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford and Sean Connery years ago with the characters being portrayed as older?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/21 at 3:44 am

Didn't they remake Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford and Sean Connery years ago with the characters being portrayed as older?
I am only aware of the one Indiana Jones film that starred Sean Connery.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/21 at 10:44 am

Indiana Jones
Broke no bones
At any historical site
Once gashed his lip
When cracking his whip
Avoiding a nasty snake bite

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/16/21 at 7:55 am

Agreed, except for Temple of Doom, which I think is dire, but I will watch it again.

I don't know why a lot of people didn't like Temple of Doom. Was it the cheesiness and bad acting (mainly Kate Capshaw/Spielberg's character)?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/21 at 2:43 pm

I don't know why a lot of people didn't like Temple of Doom. Was it the cheesiness and bad acting (mainly Kate Capshaw/Spielberg's character)?

For me, it was mainly the Kate Capshaw character. But, the storyline was a bit of an meh.

Cat

Written By: andersenb11775 on 12/27/21 at 7:38 pm

They should have gender flipped Short Round. Willie badly needed, um, a willy, and some backbone. It’s a shame actually that Indy didn’t follow through on the threat of stabbing her in “give me the antidote, or anything goes!” scene…

Check for new replies or respond here...