inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cafe 80s

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/07/20 at 10:36 pm

Do you ever dream of working at Cafe 80s from Back to the Future 2? What TV shows from the 80s would you play? Could Cafe 80s be the ultimate destination for 80s fans with some improvements?

Subject: Re: Cafe 80s

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/08/20 at 9:14 am

Do you ever dream of working at Cafe 80s from Back to the Future 2? What TV shows from the 80s would you play? Could Cafe 80s be the ultimate destination for 80s fans with some improvements?

I've literally got thousands and thousands of ORIGINAL recordings off of TV in the '80s, so it will truly feel like an authentic experience, complete with original commercials. Everything from Cosby to Miami Vice to MTV to General Hospital to Dallas to Max Headroom to the Pac-Man cartoon to Press Your Luck (and yes, Wheel of Fortune like in the actual movie) will be featured. Of course IRL, there are already a few restaurants that are themed to that decade, but most just have a random assortment of merchandise and some decade-appropriate styles on their menus, but lack the real spirit. If successful, a '90s spin-off branch could open as well.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 10:10 am

I've literally got thousands and thousands of ORIGINAL recordings off of TV in the '80s, so it will truly feel like an authentic experience, complete with original commercials. Everything from Cosby to Miami Vice to MTV to General Hospital to Dallas to Max Headroom to the Pac-Man cartoon to Press Your Luck (and yes, Wheel of Fortune like in the actual movie) will be featured. Of course IRL, there are already a few restaurants that are themed to that decade, but most just have a random assortment of merchandise and some decade-appropriate styles on their menus, but lack the real spirit. If successful, a '90s spin-off branch could open as well.

With Original Commercials?!

I wish I could work at your cafe 80s.

Written By: andersenb11775 on 03/08/20 at 3:24 pm

On the other hand: could you survive in the Biffhorrific 1985?

I'm surprised that Biff never found himself killed before 1985 in that timeline as an impeccable streak of luck in sports and gambling would soon attract the attention of some dark and shady people. In one well-known fanfiction, this happens to Marty after he manages to take the Grey's Sports Almanac back home with him. He ignores the Mobsters and other people who are very upset at the loss of their profits. Marty... disappears on his way to a concert in Las Vegas... and the police are unable to turn up any trace of him.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 4:34 pm

On the other hand: could you survive in the Biffhorrific 1985?

I'm surprised that Biff never found himself killed before 1985 in that timeline as an impeccable streak of luck in sports and gambling would soon attract the attention of some dark and shady people. In one well-known fanfiction, this happens to Marty after he manages to take the Grey's Sports Almanac back home with him. He ignores the Mobsters and other people who are very upset at the loss of their profits. Marty... disappears on his way to a concert in Las Vegas... and the police are unable to turn up any trace of him.

Probably not.  :-[

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:04 pm

In six posts, post the 80s TV shows you would like to see at your cafe 80s. TV specials do not count as TV shows.

bJvfbftwCsg

4dSzIPA8vW0

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:07 pm

_twgHwtP4QM

mTLCbBYAt9E

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:10 pm

8fJB1Uxuj6o

cPamaaM31x0

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:13 pm

WPNQipWtkd8

h0x44N3cTHg

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:16 pm

vvTF8kOHAW0

epbffufS4II

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/08/20 at 7:19 pm

8a-wDzaeZ-Q

Evea3YaYwL0

Subject: Very good!!!

Written By: Dude111 on 03/19/20 at 4:28 am

I've literally got thousands and thousands of ORIGINAL recordings off of TV in the '80s...

Excellent...... I love analogue cable!!!!!! (I also have lots of VHS tapes with good stuff)

I have GONE WITH THE WIND recorded from Channel 11 in Seattle (KSTW) in 1986! (I got that in a bunch of tapes I ordered online)

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/19/20 at 6:21 am

One of the times they showed Rudolph in the late 80s, during the big snowstorm the tv station flashed a real storm alert across the screen. The storm was real but I think the timing was intentional. Classic. Some people taped it, including a guy I work with who says he still has it. I told him if he ever cleans house I want it.

Subject: Re: Very good!!!

Written By: Howard on 03/19/20 at 7:36 am

Excellent...... I love analogue cable!!!!!! (I also have lots of VHS tapes with good stuff)

I have GONE WITH THE WIND recorded from Channel 11 in Seattle (KSTW) in 1986! (I got that in a bunch of tapes I ordered online)

Do you have any commercials you taped from television from the 80's?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/19/20 at 12:52 pm

Do you have any commercials you taped from television from the 80's?

They are all over the internet. Check YouTube.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/20 at 2:23 pm

They are all over the internet. Check YouTube.

I was actually asking Dude.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/19/20 at 5:08 pm

I was actually asking Dude.

I’m sorry.

Subject: Cafe 80s

Written By: Dude111 on 03/23/20 at 9:28 pm

Yes Howard on the tape with Gone with the wind there are some analogue commercials :) (On the 2nd part they left the ads there (Didnt hit pause) thats how I knew what year it was from (1986))

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/24/20 at 6:30 pm

Howard, Dude111, and wagonman76, this question is for you. What 80s TV programs would you show at your Cafe 80s if you had thought of the idea?

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/24/20 at 11:51 pm

Howard, Dude111, and wagonman76, this question is for you. What 80s TV programs would you show at your Cafe 80s if you had thought of the idea?

Who’s The Boss
Growing Pains
Perfect Strangers
Head Of The Class
Our House
MacGyver
Hill Street Blues
St Elsewhere
Highway To Heaven
Family Ties
Cosby Show
Golden Girls
Webster

Written By: Howard on 03/25/20 at 4:07 pm

Who’s The Boss
Growing Pains
Perfect Strangers
Head Of The Class
Our House
MacGyver
Hill Street Blues
St Elsewhere
Highway To Heaven
Family Ties
Cosby Show
Golden Girls
Webster

Different Strokes
Silver Spoons

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/25/20 at 5:40 pm

Different Strokes
Silver Spoons

What’s your list, Howard?

Written By: Howard on 03/26/20 at 7:45 am

What’s your list, Howard?

Different Strokes
Silver Spoons
Punky Brewster
Family Ties

pretty much Wagon named most of them I wanted to put on here but that's OK, I will come up with some more later.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/26/20 at 10:49 am

How about you, Dude111?

Check for new replies or respond here...