inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Late 1980s = Sloppy Era

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/16/20 at 4:26 pm

Was there too much going on in the late 1980s? There was ALF mania, The California Raisins, Robocop, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the cartoon, late 60s nostalgia, early 70s nostalgia, Star Trek The Next Generation, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 21 Jump Street, Bugle Boy, Guess Jeans, L.A. Gear, Pee Wee’s Playhouse, Bobby Brown, Z. Cavaricci, Perfect Strangers, and etc. etc.. How do you look at the late 80s?

Subject: Re: The Late 1980s = Sloppy Era

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/16/20 at 5:11 pm

Was there too much going on in the late 1980s? There was ALF mania, The California Raisins, Robocop, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the cartoon, late 60s nostalgia, early 70s nostalgia, Star Trek The Next Generation, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 21 Jump Street, Bugle Boy, Guess Jeans, L.A. Gear, Pee Wee’s Playhouse, Bobby Brown, Z. Cavaricci, Perfect Strangers, and etc. etc.. How do you look at the late 80s?

Absolutely loved it along with the early 90s. Loved the music, tv, movies, fashion, even the vehicles. My pristine wagon is a 1989. A lot of my favorite music in my collection is from then. I still have some clothes from then and they still fit.

Subject: Re: The Late 1980s = Sloppy Era

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/16/20 at 5:42 pm

Absolutely loved it along with the early 90s. Loved the music, tv, movies, fashion, even the vehicles. My pristine wagon is a 1989. A lot of my favorite music in my collection is from then. I still have some clothes from then and they still fit.

Every time I look back at the late 80s, I keep remembering that there was a lot to look back on. More than what you usually see in most eras. Then again, the late 80s were the grand finale to the 1980s. There was Transformers, Pee Wee, Miami Vice, Max Headroom, The Cosby Show, Amen, Growing Pains, 21 Jump Street and etc. all at the same time. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...