inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Empire Strikes Back

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/26/20 at 8:41 pm

Is Empire Strikes Back the best Star Wars movie? Were you disappointed by ESB? Did you want sequels to Star Wars? Should there have been a Yoda standalone flick? Please discuss ESB here.

kdlRmWd_R7A

Lbjru5CQIW4

Written By: Dude111 on 03/27/20 at 2:30 pm

I think all 3 are excellent :)

Subject: Re: Empire Strikes Back

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/20 at 2:38 pm

Ditto!

Episodes 4, 5 and 6 for me.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/27/20 at 3:02 pm

Ditto!

You guys weren’t turned off by how the Star Wars became a drama about family in episode 5 and 6?

Written By: robby76 on 03/27/20 at 9:56 pm

ESB was the worst of the trilogy for me, mainly cos it had a lot of scenes shot in the snow lol. I know it sounds weird, but I hate movies set in the snow or snow themed (unless it's Christmas lol). I much preferred the desert in SW'77 and the jungles of ROTJ.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/27/20 at 10:38 pm

ESB was the worst of the trilogy for me, mainly cos it had a lot of scenes shot in the snow lol. I know it sounds weird, but I hate movies set in the snow or snow themed (unless it's Christmas lol). I much preferred the desert in SW'77 and the jungles of ROTJ.

This is the first time hearing something like that for me. I surmised that most people liked the Yeti scene in ESB, but you didn’t.

Were you disappointed by the lightsaber battles in ESB and ROTJ?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/29/20 at 3:17 pm

I feel like the toys to Star Wars were the best out of the whole original Kenner Star Wars saga sets.

Written By: robby76 on 03/30/20 at 1:48 am

I feel like the toys to Star Wars were the best out of the whole original Kenner Star Wars saga sets.

Definitely the most iconic and the most nostalgic, but nothing will take away my love for the ROTJ figures. The Ewoks, Leia in her camouflage gear, the Gamorrean guards, Jabba's staff, the dudes on the skiff... they were fun solid figures.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/94/4b/3b/944b3bfb58de7b5d7154fad4e53b8487--jedi-ephemera.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/20 at 2:50 am

Definitely the most iconic and the most nostalgic, but nothing will take away my love for the ROTJ figures. The Ewoks, Leia in her camouflage gear, the Gamorrean guards, Jabba's staff, the dudes on the skiff... they were fun solid figures.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/94/4b/3b/944b3bfb58de7b5d7154fad4e53b8487--jedi-ephemera.jpg
Since viewing the figures as above, I really want a Wicket (at #5) now.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/30/20 at 8:28 am

Those were great, but the Star Wars figures from 1978 were the start of it all. That Luke Skywalker with the lightsaber that pops out from under his sleeve was like nothing else at the time.

Written By: Dude111 on 03/06/21 at 5:14 pm

Ditto!

Yup but I call them 1,2 and 3 :) (I really dont like the others)

Check for new replies or respond here...