inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Child’s Play

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/28/20 at 11:11 pm

Did Child’s Play save us children of the 1980s from the onslaught of ugly looking dolls being manufactured in the 1980s?

WN0sN-9k80Q

HN8TWhKyljs

Was the trailer for Child’s Play better than the movie? Did the title of the film give everything away? Discuss Child’s Play here.

Subject: Re: Child’s Play

Written By: robby76 on 03/29/20 at 12:00 am

Back then it was hard to see trailers - or they weren't as readily available as they are now. It was either at the rare time you went to the cinema or the first few when you rented a movie on vhs lol.

I loved "Child's Play" - in fact very nostalgic for me. One of the better 80s horrors.

Super 7 are coming out with action figures of the good and bad doll this year. I may just have to get them!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ-ZKRAIn2sp95KAzNoAJqYu72p1ljxUoAb086ISHHI1uIdf7z4

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/20 at 3:13 am

It is interesting that it was only the original "Child's Play" movie to had been released in the 1980s, and there is on of the sequels, I cannot remember which, is shot as a parody on itself.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/20 at 6:58 am

Did Child’s Play save us children of the 1980s from the onslaught of ugly looking dolls being manufactured in the 1980s?

WN0sN-9k80Q

HN8TWhKyljs

Was the trailer for Child’s Play better than the movie? Did the title of the film give everything away? Discuss Child’s Play here.

Don't forget Cabbage Patch Kids.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/29/20 at 9:42 am

Back then it was hard to see trailers - or they weren't as readily available as they are now. It was either at the rare time you went to the cinema or the first few when you rented a movie on vhs lol.

I loved "Child's Play" - in fact very nostalgic for me. One of the better 80s horrors.

Super 7 are coming out with action figures of the good and bad doll this year. I may just have to get them!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ-ZKRAIn2sp95KAzNoAJqYu72p1ljxUoAb086ISHHI1uIdf7z4

Child’s Play is one of the better horror films of the 1980s? It’s too much of a comedy to me, but there is that one part…

EPYRBS9tZp4

It is interesting that it was only the original "Child's Play" movie to had been released in the 1980s, and there is on of the sequels, I cannot remember which, is shot as a parody on itself.

The best sequel will always be Child’s Play 2, but as a person who loves the late 80s and early 90s, Child’s Play 3 is pretty decent too.

Written By: robby76 on 03/29/20 at 10:36 am

I watched Child's Play 3 a few months back on Netflix - it was great!

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/29/20 at 11:18 am

I watched Child's Play 3 a few months back on Netflix - it was great!

As much as I love the Child’s Play sequels, they were predictable and not as much fun as Child’s Play.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/20 at 2:24 pm

Who was the guy who did the voice for Chucky?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/20 at 2:27 pm

Who was the guy who did the voice for Chucky?
Brad Dourif

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/29/20 at 2:53 pm

Was anyone afraid of this movie when they were younger? The TV guides used to describe Chucky as a killer doll. I thought there was a high body count in all of his movies.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/18/20 at 4:15 am

I would rather have a Cabbage Patch doll, because it's less creepier! But, I would rather watch Child's Play because it's more of my thing.  :( :( :( :( :(

I can't answer your question, because I don't know all the dolls of the 1980's.

I do love how they made a doll creepy and scary, though.  ;D

Written By: yelimsexa on 08/20/20 at 9:13 am

There was also a game show in 1982-83 called Child's Play hosted by Bill Cullen where kids would describe a word that the adult contestants would have to identify by buzzing in. Here's an episode:

wEcQNANNHz4

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/20/20 at 9:00 pm

There was also a game show in 1982-83 called Child's Play hosted by Bill Cullen where kids would describe a word that the adult contestants would have to identify by buzzing in. Here's an episode:

wEcQNANNHz4

I remember watching that in the morning but it must have been reruns because it was later in the 80s. In 83 we didn’t even have a color tv yet.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/24/20 at 3:15 am

I think the first one is the only GOOD one and im thankful to have it recorded from analogue cable! (HBO I think)

Written By: Howard on 08/24/20 at 3:56 am

I think the first one is the only GOOD one and im thankful to have it recorded from analogue cable! (HBO I think)

The game show or the film?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/24/20 at 9:30 am

The Movie :) (1988)

Written By: Howard on 08/25/20 at 7:21 am

The Movie :) (1988)

How did you like Child's Play?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/26/20 at 2:44 am

I like it buddy.. Im glad I got it recorded from analogue cable! (Its crap on its offiical tape)

Written By: Howard on 08/27/20 at 7:26 am

Have you owned a Chucky doll?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/27/20 at 9:55 pm

Nope have you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/20 at 7:04 am

Have you owned a Chucky doll?

Nope have you?
I do not think the toy was available in the UK.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/20 at 7:10 am

Nope have you?

Nope never did I believe I owned a Teddy Ruxpin bear in 1985.

Check for new replies or respond here...