inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Would you consider the IROC-Z Camaro the most popular muscle car of the 80s?

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/04/20 at 4:47 pm

From what I've seen, when most people think of muscle cars from the 80s they think of IROC-Zs. The image of a dude with a mullet blasting Guns N' Roses as he speeds with a blonde in his passenger's seat. Were they popular back then, or just seen as just another muscle car?

Subject: Re: Would you consider the IROC-Z Camaro the most popular muscle car of the 80s?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/20 at 6:01 pm

Would the DMC DeLorean qualify as a muscle car?

Subject: Re: Would you consider the IROC-Z Camaro the most popular muscle car of the 80s?

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/04/20 at 6:19 pm

Would the DMC DeLorean qualify as a muscle car?

Eh, not really but it is iconic though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/20 at 6:20 pm

From what I've seen, when most people think of muscle cars from the 80s they think of IROC-Zs. The image of a dude with a mullet blasting Guns N' Roses as he speeds with a blonde in his passenger's seat. Were they popular back then, or just seen as just another muscle car?
What does define a muscle car?

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/04/20 at 6:33 pm

What does define a muscle car?

I think you're British judging by some of the posts I've seen you do on here, a muscle car is like a Camaro or a Mustang. A two door car with a good amount of horsepower and seen as fast. It's a uniquely American and Canadian car thing really, although I think Australia has some.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/04/20 at 9:42 pm

I think the 3rd gen Camaro and Firebird could qualify especially on the popularity part. They were everywhere.

When I think muscle car I think of something built primarily for speed. American. And in which case I think of the Buick Grand National. It was even faster than the Corvette.

Written By: karen on 04/05/20 at 2:28 am

I think you're British judging by some of the posts I've seen you do on here, a muscle car is like a Camaro or a Mustang. A two door car with a good amount of horsepower and seen as fast. It's a uniquely American and Canadian car thing really, although I think Australia has some.

This is really helpful as those brands don’t really appear on British roads.

Picture or maybe examples from films or tv shows would help.

Written By: Elor on 04/05/20 at 6:06 am

I think you're British judging by some of the posts I've seen you do on here, a muscle car is like a Camaro or a Mustang. A two door car with a good amount of horsepower and seen as fast.
And they are usually powered by a V8 engine and only good on a straight. Cornering is (was) not their strong suit.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/05/20 at 1:19 pm

This is really helpful as those brands don’t really appear on British roads.

Picture or maybe examples from films or tv shows would help.

Good Idea, I really wish I knew how to post pictures on this website, but I'll put the car I'm talking about as my attachment.

Written By: Elor on 04/05/20 at 1:37 pm

I really wish I knew how to post pictures on this website,
You need to upload your images to a host site (like https://postimages.org/) and then copy the link(s) to the image(s) you want to post. The forum has a "insert image" button which will create (img)(/img) text. Put each link between the commands and your good to go.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/20 at 1:40 pm

You need to upload your images to a host site (like https://postimages.org/) and then copy the link(s) to the image(s) you want to post. The forum has a "insert image" button which will create (img)(/img) text. Put each link between the commands and your good to go.
Thank you, for a few months ago my photo storage website started charging for the privilege of storing my own photos, and to get my photos back I have to subscribe.

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/20 at 1:44 pm

Thank you, for a few months ago my photo storage website started charging for the privilege of storing my own photos, and to get my photos back I have to subscribe.

I have been using imgur for over a decade now.

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/20 at 2:19 pm

https://postimg.cc/683Nwv20

https://postimg.cc/7G7pZ1nF

https://i.postimg.cc/nhKV4Kn6/chevrolet-camaro-1986-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G2Srzq8m/download.jpg

Fixed it for ya bud. ;)

Next time, click "Share" and copy the link under "Direct Link". That's the URL you need to be posting between the image tags.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/05/20 at 2:32 pm

AHHHHH, Okay. Thanks dude haha. I don't know if this was just a thing on the older internet or just this website, but on most websites nowadays it doesn't take so many steps to post a picture or a Youtube videos. Just the copy the link it usually does the rest for you  ;D.

Check for new replies or respond here...