inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who wore Jelly Shoes?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/23/20 at 7:31 pm

I did! Some of them actually looked pretty stylish. I use to wear mine with ankle socks. Without them the jelly shoes were very uncomfortable. I had them in various colors but my favorite ones were the pink jellies! They were not to be worn during school, so I wore mine after school and during the weekends when it was warm outside of course.

https://i.ibb.co/vjH2mHG/m-5d1368bad948a1b82ba98c75.jpg

Subject: Re: Who wore Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 7:55 pm

I did! Some of them actually looked pretty stylish. I use to wear mine with ankle socks. Without them the jelly shoes were very uncomfortable. I had them in various colors but my favorite ones were the pink jellies! They were not to be worn during school, so I wore mine after school and during the weekends when it was warm outside of course.

They were made of jelly? Was it inside them?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/23/20 at 7:56 pm

I’m guessing they are just crocs shaped a little differently.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 8:15 pm

Yes, but I don't think Crocs had jelly in them. Crocs were made of plastic. The goofiest looking shoes ever.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/23/20 at 8:29 pm

;D they weren't made of jelly. They were made to look like jelly.

Yes, but I don't think Crocs had jelly in them. Crocs were made of plastic. The goofiest looking shoes ever.

Jelly shoes were much prettier.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 8:37 pm

;D they weren't made of jelly. They were made to look like jelly.

This whole concept is very abstract.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/23/20 at 8:45 pm

This whole concept is very abstract.

Jelly shoes or jellies are shoes made of PVC plastic. Jelly shoes come in a large variety of brands and colors and the material is frequently infused with glitter. Its name refers to the semi-transparent materials with a jelly-like sheen. The shoes became a fad in the early 1980s.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 9:16 pm

Jelly shoes or jellies are shoes made of PVC plastic. Jelly shoes come in a large variety of brands and colors and the material is frequently infused with glitter. Its name refers to the semi-transparent materials with a jelly-like sheen. The shoes became a fad in the early 1980s.

Plastic shoes disguised as jelly! For a short minute in the 60s paper dresses were a thing. I remember touching one on a mannequin in a department store to see what it was like. Kind of reminded me of those vinyl/oilcloth  tablecloths that are easy to wipe spills off, but it was a tough sort of paper. I don't know of anybody who actually wore one, but somebody must have.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/23/20 at 10:30 pm

I wore plastic shoes then and sorta liked them - they didn't last long but were so cheap it didn't matter.  Mostly around the house or neighborhood.  I knew they were just a fad but I had to try them anyway.  And I could get them at places like Woolworths.

Written By: karen on 07/24/20 at 2:12 am

When they first came out in the U.K. (which was in the seventies) jelly shoes were usually a buckled sandal. I didn’t have any , but remember my friends wearing them.

In the mid-80s they had a revival, along with other plastic shoes and bags. I had a pair of white plastic mesh ankle boots and a handbag. The bag was not that practical as it was made of a square holed mesh and the holes were about an inch across. I always kept my stuff in a bag inside the mesh bag.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 7:32 am

I wore plastic shoes then and sorta liked them - they didn't last long but were so cheap it didn't matter.  Mostly around the house or neighborhood.  I knew they were just a fad but I had to try them anyway.  And I could get them at places like Woolworths.

How was it like getting in and out of those jelly shoes?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/20 at 11:45 am

I was wearing a pair of jellies one time when I was 8, and I accidentally stepped on a pile of glass! Piece of glass went right through my jelly shoe. :o

They were cute and stylish but soo cheap! Lol. I think the jellies that were made in the early 80s were of a better quality. First ones.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 12:00 pm

I miss Woolworths!

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 1:45 pm

I was wearing a pair of jellies one time when I was 8, and I accidentally stepped on a pile of glass! Piece of glass went right through my jelly shoe. :o

They were cute and stylish but soo cheap! Lol. I think the jellies that were made in the early 80s were of a better quality. First ones.

How much did they cost back then?  ???

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 2:07 pm

Jelly shoes! Jelly shoes!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/20 at 2:22 pm

Never wore jelly shoes, never wore crocs.

During the '80s, I wore 3 pairs of shoes-sneakers, & these (with or without the patent leather):

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1xzyAnvuSBuNkHFqD760fhVXau.png_350x350.png

https://supplyroom.s3.amazonaws.com/S/SH/SHOE/SHOE-SR-FP01_W.png

The bottom pair I wore even though the '90s & beyond. They are a nice pair of dress shoes. (In fact, some of my students commented on the patent leather and how they were so shiny.)

I did wear steal-toed boots a couple of times but I thought they were very uncomfortable.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 2:39 pm

Nike KD Peanut Butter and Jelly shoes.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/oMFpwYBgaSO5Fk3c9JniUSmH8ceFCqxQjx9RZiU4zgDshUz_Y8W_y3WtBeLet5TgCs7G9d7Dvt2PuDUTYKEI8u5ZrlrplQzG98AZc_MV5w4Cju6zTTmppIDIEu20ZHzTVp4s90IT9qeLVm25NPA

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/20 at 2:56 pm

How was it like getting in and out of those jelly shoes?

Easy on/off, no different from other shoes in that area

The "knock-offs" (like I usually got) were roughly around 5 dollars on average.

At that time "real" shoes for women, where I shopped (not the high end places) most typically ran 25 to 50 dollars, until they were on sale - which is usually when I bought (note - I sought out decent quality, real leather shoes - but not the super expensive stuff).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/20 at 3:00 pm

During the '80s, I wore 3 pairs of shoes-sneakers, & these (with or without the patent leather):

The bottom pair I wore even though the '90s & beyond. They are a nice pair of dress shoes. (In fact, some of my students commented on the patent leather and how they were so shiny.)

I did wear steal-toed boots a couple of times but I thought they were very uncomfortable.

Cat

The pumps look pretty nice!  I like!  :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 3:03 pm

I want to thank Jessica for this thread. I haven't had such a good laugh in ages. "Jelly Shoes" is my new catchall reply to everything. It's just so ludicrous sounding. If you want a seat on the bus or something just say "jelly shoes! jelly shoes!" and watch everybody scurry away in horror.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/20 at 4:02 pm

Back in the 80s, they were $1 a pair. Today they are much more high end and fashion designers have updated them to look more modern. So they cost a lot more these days.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/20 at 4:42 pm

Back in the 80s, they were $1 a pair...

Hmmm, never saw them priced at $1.00 (except maybe an extreme clearance).  :-\\  But maybe that was the going rate for kid sizes.

I only ever bought adult sizes (was in my 20's then).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/20 at 6:01 pm

The pumps look pretty nice!  I like!  :)

I still have a pair but they aren't patent leather. The thing is, they go with EVERYTHING!

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/20 at 9:10 pm

I want to thank Jessica for this thread. I haven't had such a good laugh in ages. "Jelly Shoes" is my new catchall reply to everything. It's just so ludicrous sounding. If you want a seat on the bus or something just say "jelly shoes! jelly shoes!" and watch everybody scurry away in horror.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D  ;D that's too funny!

Another thing about Jelly shoes that I remember. When I wore them without ankle socks, my feet would sweat and the inside of the shoes would get all slippery. Very uncomfortable! Lol.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 9:29 pm

;D  ;D that's too funny!

Another thing about Jelly shoes that I remember. When I wore them without ankle socks, my feet would sweat and the inside of the shoes would get all slippery. Very uncomfortable! Lol.

Jelly shoes, jelly shoes!
Spread the news about jelly shoes!
Lose your blues with jelly shoes!

;D ;D ;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/20 at 9:31 pm

;D  ;D that's too funny!

Yeah, besides the lack of sturdiness, my number 2 complaint was they didn't handle sweaty feet very well.  And I always wore them without ankle socks (sometimes with pantyhose though).  Plus I wore them during the hot humid summer.  :P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/20 at 9:32 pm

Spread the news about jelly shoes!
Lose your blues with jelly shoes!

;D ;D ;D

;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/20 at 11:39 am

If your feet are smelly you can stick them in jelly
Jelly shoes! Jelly shoes!
You can even wear them on your belly when you eat vermicelli

From the forthcoming book "Jelly Shoes Blues" by Voiceofthe70s.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/25/20 at 12:17 pm

Too funny!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/20 at 1:19 pm

;D ;D haha!

Written By: Howard on 07/25/20 at 3:11 pm

Cat

How did they feel?

Written By: Howard on 07/25/20 at 3:13 pm

Nike KD Peanut Butter and Jelly shoes.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/oMFpwYBgaSO5Fk3c9JniUSmH8ceFCqxQjx9RZiU4zgDshUz_Y8W_y3WtBeLet5TgCs7G9d7Dvt2PuDUTYKEI8u5ZrlrplQzG98AZc_MV5w4Cju6zTTmppIDIEu20ZHzTVp4s90IT9qeLVm25NPA

https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/posts/2018/08/12/5b70ef2aa31c333f6a14d5bc/m_5b70ef398869f721dc194d87.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/25/20 at 4:22 pm

How did they feel?

The Oxford (otherwise known as low quarters) hurt after wearing them all day-especially in Basic Training because we were marching all day in them. After I got out of Basic, I invested in a pair of Dr. Schol's insoles. They helped. The pumps were easier because I usually wasn't on my feet all day when I wore them and I could slip them off under my desk-which I did ALL THE TIME.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 07/25/20 at 7:19 pm

I think jellies were prettier than clogs, or crocs. But I think they're made of the same material.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/25/20 at 8:11 pm

I think jellies were prettier than clogs, or crocs. But I think they're made of the same material.

I surmise that Crocs likely use more advanced material, based on looking at them (I don't own any Crocs)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/25/20 at 8:16 pm

Any clogs I've seen have been made of leather or similar material, not plastic. I even had a pair in the 70s (men wore them too, especially us hippie types) but they were impossible to walk on so I only wore them once. Waste of money. 

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/25/20 at 9:37 pm

Any clogs I've seen have been made of leather or similar material, not plastic. I even had a pair in the 70s (men wore them too, especially us hippie types) but they were impossible to walk on so I only wore them once. Waste of money. 

IMO clogs are in a different league than the plastic shoes.  I had a pair of tan leather clogs with wooden soles when I was in high school (75-ish) - mine had a sling back which made me happy.  Loved those clogs; they were much more comfy than heels or platforms and I wore them to death.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 8:31 am

I recall seeing these shoes, but what type of plastic are they made from?

Written By: nally on 07/26/20 at 11:40 am

I recall seeing these shoes, but what type of plastic are they made from?

PVC (Polyvinyl chloride), I think.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 11:47 am

O0

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/26/20 at 11:53 am

Polyvinyl chloride is what record albums are made out of.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 11:55 am

Polyvinyl chloride is what record albums are made out of.
With a black colouring?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/26/20 at 12:04 pm

With a black colouring?

Why vinyl albums are black:

https://www.furnacemfg.com/blog/why-are-vinyl-records-black/#:~:text=Chances%20are%2C%20one%20thing%20remains,universal%3A%20that%20record%20is%20black.&text=PVC%20(polyvinyl%20chloride)%2C%20the,just%20about%20any%20color%20imaginable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 12:11 pm

https://www.furnacemfg.com/blog/why-are-vinyl-records-black/#:~:text=Chances%20are%2C%20one%20thing%20remains,universal%3A%20that%20record%20is%20black.&text=PVC%20(polyvinyl%20chloride)%2C%20the,just%20about%20any%20color%20imaginable.

I have seen green vinyl records.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/26/20 at 1:28 pm

Oh, they come in all colors but those are usually  "special" pressings. I still have my clear green vinyl 45 of John & Yoko's Christmas song on Apple Records that I bought in 1971. The original pressing of Dave Mason's classic "Alone Together" album on Blue Thumb Records was multi-colored vinyl. Each one was different. This was done by dropping individual pellets of swirly dye into the vat before each individual album was pressed. Must have cost a fortune.

Written By: gunsnroses on 07/26/20 at 1:39 pm

lI had the prettiest jellies-they actually had expensive jellies in 1983 I bought them they had ribbons that went up your leg. They kept falling own because i was such a little girl but i loved them. I also had the classic pink ones-they were cuter than the ones pictured i wore them to the beach in the USVI where we lived as expats at the time.  And some girl on vacation stole my pink jellies so my cousin and i stole her jordache eye shadow kit.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/26/20 at 4:59 pm

lI had the prettiest jellies-they actually had expensive jellies in 1983 I bought them they had ribbons that went up your leg. They kept falling own because i was such a little girl but i loved them. I also had the classic pink ones-they were cuter than the ones pictured i wore them to the beach in the USVI where we lived as expats at the time.  And some girl on vacation stole my pink jellies so my cousin and i stole her jordache eye shadow kit.

Curious, where in the USVI did you live?  I have cousins who moved to St. Croix in the 90's (some are still there), so I was just curious.  I've been fortunate enough to visit that part of the world a few times - it's so fun to visit!  :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/26/20 at 8:48 pm

Oh, they come in all colors but those are usually  "special" pressings. I still have my clear green vinyl 45 of John & Yoko's Christmas song on Apple Records that I bought in 1971. The original pressing of Dave Mason's classic "Alone Together" album on Blue Thumb Records was multi-colored vinyl. Each one was different. This was done by dropping individual pellets of swirly dye into the vat before each individual album was pressed. Must have cost a fortune.

https://img.discogs.com/duLOdDMzwsUObtWmMjeC04jgS0E=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-672815-1275091839.jpeg.jpg
I’ve heard this is pretty sought after.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/26/20 at 11:15 pm

https://img.discogs.com/duLOdDMzwsUObtWmMjeC04jgS0E=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-672815-1275091839.jpeg.jpg
I’ve heard this is pretty sought after.

O0 That's just cool!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 10:20 am

We need our daily fix of jelly shoes news!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:13 am

Available on Amazon?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:23 am

Available on Amazon?

Available at fine supermarkets and hardware stores everywhere!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:24 am

Available at fine supermarkets and hardware stores everywhere!
Everywhere?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:26 am

Everywhere?

At all times. More than a a mere shoe, jelly shoes are an IDEA. It cannot be conquered.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:28 am

At all times. More than a a mere shoe, jelly shoes are an IDEA. It cannot be conquered.

It's bigger than all of us. What started as a mere post by Jessica is now a movement!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:28 am

A bestseller.

Do the shoes come in all sizes, especially for children?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:30 am

A bestseller.

Do the shoes come in all sizes, especially for children?

Oh yes. Jelly Shoes know all!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:32 am

Oh yes. Jelly Shoes know all!
Even for 4 year old children?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:32 am

It's bigger than all of us. What started as a mere post by Jessica is now a movement!
Big in the world of sport?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:35 am

Big in the world of sport?

In the world of sport, politics and cooking!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:37 am

In the world of sport, politics and cooking!
In the dance hall?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:40 am

I feel it on my ankles
I feel it in my toes
Jelly Shoes  around me
And so the feeling grows

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 11:45 am

Jelly shoes know all!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 11:51 am

One Jelly Shoe can change your life

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 12:00 pm

One Jelly Shoe can change your life

I'm not sure about that. I think it takes both for their full power to be revealed. But I am still a neophyte in these things. We will have to ask Jessica who is a true Initiate in the Church of Jelly Shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 12:03 pm

I'm not sure about that. I think it takes both for their full power to be revealed. But I am still a neophyte in these things. We will have to ask Jessica who is a true Initiate in the Church of Jelly Shoes.
What is the status of Jelly shoes infused with glitter?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/20 at 1:25 pm

My family inherited my great-grandfather's Victrola along with a whole bunch of 78s from the early days of records ('10s-'40s). One record had a whole bunch of pictures on it. It was really cool.

Today, the Victrola is sitting in my sister's house. I'm sure she still has that record (unless it broke over the years and she tossed it because I know a lot of the records broke). Oh, and some of the records were red.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 1:38 pm

My family inherited my great-grandfather's Victrola along with a whole bunch of 78s from the early days of records ('10s-'40s). One record had a whole bunch of pictures on it. It was really cool.

Today, the Victrola is sitting in my sister's house. I'm sure she still has that record (unless it broke over the years and she tossed it because I know a lot of the records broke). Oh, and some of the records were red.

Cat

Those red records were likely RCA Red Seal. Red Seal was the classical/opera division of the RCA record label and they were clear red vinyl, a very nice ruby color. often they were 7 inch 45s and came in an "album", which was a book with manila sleeves inside for each 45. My family also had some of those when I was growing up, which I believe originally belonged to my maternal grandparents.  I'm not sure a lot of the Red Seal records are worth all that much but they're great to look at and just an all around interesting historical item.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 1:44 pm

Cat
Can you recall the titles of tracks on the records?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 1:49 pm

The title of Queen of Jelly Shoes will fall on Imelda Marcos.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 1:55 pm

I can't, but there are lots of examples online. Here's a Tchaikovsky one. The "album" book that we had was plain, it didn't have an illustration like this one.

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/c4/6e/27c46eac82365962a6345187c1b6f0d1.jpg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 1:55 pm

The title of Queen of Jelly Shoes will fall on Imelda Marcos.

I think Jessica will dispute that. She is the Queen of Jelly!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 1:56 pm

I can't, but there are lots of examples online. Here's a Tchaikovsky one. The "album" book that we had was plain, it didn't have an illustration like this one.

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/c4/6e/27c46eac82365962a6345187c1b6f0d1.jpg
I had the feeling the music would be classical, for dance music became later.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 2:02 pm

Imelda Marcos can be Ambassador for Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:18 pm

I've never seen a green vinyl record before.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/20 at 2:20 pm

I know we had a few records with Arturo Toscanini conducting the NBC Orchestra. I also remember a real early version of the song I've Told Every Little Star (which I just learned was written by Jerome Kern & Oscar Hammerstein II). I THINK it was this version (1933):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdcvrZYE4Q 

I never knew how many people preformed that song until now.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:21 pm

lI had the prettiest jellies-they actually had expensive jellies in 1983 I bought them they had ribbons that went up your leg. They kept falling own because i was such a little girl but i loved them. I also had the classic pink ones-they were cuter than the ones pictured i wore them to the beach in the USVI where we lived as expats at the time. And some girl on vacation stole my pink jellies so my cousin and i stole her jordache eye shadow kit.

Good for you, what goes around, comes around.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:22 pm

https://footwearnews.com/2019/focus/health/jelly-sandals-blisters-child-facebook-post-1202774693/

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:24 pm

Is there such a church?

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:25 pm

;D

Written By: karen on 07/27/20 at 2:26 pm

I don’t think we had any albums in coloured vinyl,  but I know my brother had several singles. Nights in White Satin by The Dickies was on white vinyl. The Banana Split song was on yellow vinyl and he also had one on lilac vinyl, possibly a Squeeze song. I have vague memories of another one on green, black and yellow swirly coloured vinyl

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 2:47 pm

This Jelly will not wobble!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 3:09 pm

http://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/224028113051_/The-Beatles-John-Lennon-Apple-45-record-HAPPY.jpg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 3:12 pm

Is there such a church?

Most certainly! And it is the fervent hope of those of us at the International Society for Jelly Shoes Consciousness (ISJSC) that this thread becomes as infinite as Goodbye John Titor and Ignore This Thread! Don't fight it. It's bigger than all of us!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/20 at 3:29 pm

I wanna put on my my my jelly shoes (and jelly with you).

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 3:32 pm

Most certainly! And it is the fervent hope of those of us at the International Society for Jelly Shoes Consciousness (ISJSC) that this thread becomes as infinite as Goodbye John Titor and Ignore This Thread! Don't fight it. It's bigger than all of us!

;D

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 3:32 pm

Cat

Don't be jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 3:40 pm

Start a collection now?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 3:44 pm

Has any celebrity ever worn Jelly Shoes to a film premier?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 4:37 pm

Has any celebrity ever worn Jelly Shoes to a film premier?

Always!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 4:38 pm

Always!
Red shoes on the red carpet?

Written By: Katluver on 07/27/20 at 11:06 pm

I had at least one pair (white) that I wore with sock.  I also had a jelly bag that I'd store some of my toys in.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/20 at 1:33 am

I had at least one pair (white) that I wore with sock.  I also had a jelly bag that I'd store some of my toys in.
Jelly bag, tell us more?

Written By: Howard on 07/28/20 at 7:27 am

In a jelly jar?

Written By: Howard on 07/28/20 at 7:28 am

Jelly bag, tell us more?

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=1820x1280:format=jpg/path/s6c58a235ddf234e9/image/ia939ba7dd993ce5f/version/1523081615/image.jpg

Written By: karen on 07/28/20 at 7:36 am

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=1820x1280:format=jpg/path/s6c58a235ddf234e9/image/ia939ba7dd993ce5f/version/1523081615/image.jpg

That was like the bag I had, except mine was white.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/20 at 7:41 am

That was like the bag I had, except mine was white.
That looks familiar, I think my wife had one once.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/28/20 at 7:47 am

The Jelly Bag encompasses all!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/20 at 7:48 am

The Jelly Shoes can even be carried in it!

Written By: Howard on 07/28/20 at 2:01 pm

No it doesn't! Who says?

Written By: Katluver on 07/29/20 at 12:43 am

That is almost the exact bag that I had except mine was in blue!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 4:44 am

That is almost the exact bag that I had except mine was in blue!
Did you have the Jelly Shoes as well?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/29/20 at 10:18 am

Jelly Shoes taste just like chicken!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:21 am

How do you know?  ;D You read it online?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/29/20 at 10:24 am

How do you know?  ;D You read it online?

It is in the big book of Jelly Shoes lore.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:36 am

Any other treasured gems for the book?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:38 am

Is the book available on Amazon?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/29/20 at 10:40 am

Any other treasured gems for the book?

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with Jelly Shoes". So sayeth The Book.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:42 am

Does it say how long it would take to walk a thousand miles in Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/29/20 at 10:45 am

Does it say how long it would take to walk a thousand miles in Jelly Shoes?

Jelly Shoes transcend all time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 10:46 am

Jelly Shoes transcend all time.
Time floats by?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/20 at 2:41 pm

Cat
Okey Dokey, I'll ignore it.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/20 at 3:34 pm

That's disgusting!

Written By: Howard on 07/29/20 at 3:35 pm

No such book exists!

Written By: Howard on 07/29/20 at 3:36 pm

Is the book available on Amazon?

I doubt it.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/20 at 3:37 pm

There is no such book!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/29/20 at 9:31 pm

I owned one pair of jelly shoes, red with a strap that went across my feet, and they were quite not so good for my feet.  My feet are oddly shaped to begin with and these shoes just put the squeeze on my feet and I got blisters on the instep of my feet like you wouldn't believe.

I just couldn't wear these things without getting upset and complaining to my mother that these were the most uncomfortable shoes ever! These and Birkenstocks I couldn't wear those either because they weren't manufactured for feet like mine.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/29/20 at 9:38 pm

"I was cursed with these square feet. When I was a girl in Sicily we were too poor for shoes. So I wore olive oil cans."
-Sophia Petrillo

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/20 at 1:37 pm

There is no such book!
It is being written now.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/30/20 at 1:48 pm

It is being written now.

"Jelly Shoes gather no moss". So sayeth the book.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/20 at 1:54 pm

Is it in print?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/20 at 1:56 pm

"Wearing Jelly Shoes a day keeps the doctor away" So sayeth the book.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/30/20 at 2:19 pm

"A fool and his Jelly Shoes" are soon parted". "A Jelly Shoe saved is a Jelly Shoe earned". So sayeth the book.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/20 at 7:25 am

"A fool and his Jelly Shoes" are soon parted". "A Jelly Shoe saved is a Jelly Shoe earned". So sayeth the book.

Don't be so jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/20 at 3:47 am

"To be or not to be, that is the Jelly Shoes." So sayeth the book.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 9:41 am

"Don't tread on my blue Jelly Shoes." So sayeth the album.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 9:47 am

Jelly Shoes's Greatest Hits!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 10:34 am

Volume 1 or 2?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 10:52 am

Volume 1 or 2?

Sing Along With Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 10:56 am

Karaoke versions available?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 11:18 am

Karaoke versions available?

Also available on cassette, 8-track and reel-to-reel!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 11:24 am

Also available on cassette, 8-track and reel-to-reel!
Still waiting on the vinyl version?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 11:26 am

Still waiting on the vinyl version?

Oh, I assumed the vinyl version was a given and went without saying. Colored vinyl of course.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 11:28 am

Oh, I assumed the vinyl version was a given and went without saying. Colored vinyl of course.
Now available on eBay?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 11:39 am

Now available on eBay?

For a jelly high price!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 11:41 am

For a jelly high price!
Can be purchase with Jelly Express Cards only?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/03/20 at 12:32 pm

Can be purchase with Jelly Express Cards only?

All major jelly accepted.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 1:37 pm

He made Jelly Jazz.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 1:38 pm

And Jelly Roll Morton.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 1:39 pm

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/20 at 4:17 pm

Is Avocado Jelly allowed?

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/03/20 at 4:46 pm

We have a local band called Jelly Roll Blues Band. Been together 39 years. The formula for success must be the Jelly.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/20 at 5:32 pm

Don't serve moldy jelly!

https://www.today.com/food/acclaimed-restaurant-sqirl-faces-backlash-over-moldy-jam-bad-kitchen-t186633

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 2:04 am

Don't serve moldy jelly!

Cat
Check the sell by date?

Written By: DisneysRetro on 08/04/20 at 3:55 am

My cousins wore these in the late 90’s early 2000’s. They had many colors like green, purple, clear, etc.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/20 at 7:25 am

Is Avocado Jelly allowed?

Never heard of that kind of jelly before.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/20 at 7:26 am

We have a local band called Jelly Roll Blues Band. Been together 39 years. The formula for success must be the Jelly.

KY?  ;D  ;)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/20 at 8:13 am

My cousins wore these in the late 90’s early 2000’s. They had many colors like green, purple, clear, etc.

Jelly Shoes come in all colors of the rainbow! Plus some colors that don't have names yet. Like taupe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 8:40 am

Jelly Shoes come in all colors of the rainbow! Plus some colors that don't have names yet. Like taupe.
Did Jelly Shoes come in black and white?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/20 at 8:42 am

According to the Book, they come in black and white, yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 8:44 am

According to the Book, they come in black and white, yes.
In other words all colours?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/20 at 8:59 am

In other words all colours?

Yes, all hues including teal and taupe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 9:13 am

Yes, all hues including teal and taupe.
...a hazy shade of winter?

Written By: Howard on 08/04/20 at 1:49 pm

https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2016/12/20/5859816f41b4e0c06b00ee2f/m_5859816f41b4e0c06b00ee30.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/02/5c/5b025c1eea1cc8e0c7e055137280798b.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/20 at 3:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjo1TVKaFmU

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 3:43 pm

Are jelly shoes suitable for swimming and walking on the beach?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/20 at 3:47 pm

Found deep in the archive:
WANT TO BUY A PAIR OF JELLY SHOES!
http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/wanted/1034107990.shtml

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/04/20 at 4:06 pm

Found deep in the archive:
WANT TO BUY A PAIR OF JELLY SHOES!
http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/wanted/1034107990.shtml

IT IS FATE! Jelly Shoes are destined to rule here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 5:02 am

IT IS FATE! Jelly Shoes are destined to rule here.
Let the fate continue!

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 7:32 am

Are jelly shoes suitable for swimming and walking on the beach?

I don't think so but they might be.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 7:42 am

I will wait for the official response.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/05/20 at 8:09 am

Jelly Shoes are welcome everywhere!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 8:18 am

That was what I was thinking.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 12:48 pm

Jelly Shoes are what you wear, walking on the moon

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/05/20 at 12:54 pm

Jelly Shoes are what you wear, walking on the moon

The moon is made of jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 1:06 pm

The moon is made of jelly,
Not cheese as you think,
Just ask Neil Armstrong,
And  he will tell you of the stink.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 2:26 pm

I will wait for the official response.

Yes it can.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 2:28 pm

Yes it can.
...and suitable for walking on the moon

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 2:28 pm

It's made of cheese.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/20 at 2:28 pm

...and suitable for walking on the moon

No, not a good idea.

Written By: karen on 08/05/20 at 3:10 pm

The moon is made of jelly,
Not cheese as you think,
Just ask Neil Armstrong,
And  he will tell you of the stink.

Tis cheese (Caerphilly)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 3:43 pm

Tis cheese (Caerphilly)

Cheese has a certain smell,
you recognised the most,
wafting through the kitchen,
when burning on the toast.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/05/20 at 3:44 pm

It's jellies! It's jellies!  ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/05/20 at 4:45 pm

It's jellies! It's jellies!  ;D

Our Queen has returned!

All Hail the Jelly Queen
Jelly Bags and Jelly Beans
Jelly Shoes and Jelly Dreams
All Hail our Jelly Queen!

Written By: Howard on 08/06/20 at 7:28 am

Our Queen has returned!

All Hail the Jelly Queen

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1NkPsJVXXXXb6XFXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg_350x350.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/20 at 11:53 am

Our Queen has returned!

All Hail the Jelly Queen
Jelly Shoes will be forever
Jelly Shoes will fade us never
Jelly shoes for more and more
Jelly Shoes walk the floor!

Written By: violet_shy on 08/11/20 at 12:29 pm

Our Queen has returned!

All Hail the Jelly Queen

Get me my jelly shoes, RIGHT AWAY!  :D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/11/20 at 12:32 pm

The queen is hungry! She wants her Jelly Shoes to eat right now! With a side of lichen.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/20 at 1:07 pm

The queen is hungry! She wants her Jelly Shoes to eat right now! With a side of lichen.
There are some bumpy months ahead, we better save up on the lichen.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/11/20 at 1:23 pm

There are some bumpy months ahead, we better save up on the lichen.

The queen must have her lichen
Or else she will be bitchin'
In the name of all things holy
Please put it in the ravioli!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/20 at 1:57 pm

In every job that must be done
There is an element of fun
You find the fun and snap!

The job's a game
And every task you're in the kitchen
Becomes a piece of lichen
Some Jelly! A Shoe! It's very clear to do!

Written By: Howard on 08/11/20 at 2:09 pm

https://assets.adidas.com/images/w_600,f_auto,q_auto/056363d48b31464885c6ab950058a1f9_9366/Superstar_Jelly_Shoes_Pink_FX4322_01_standard.jpg

How about a pair of pink jelly sneakers?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/20 at 2:11 pm

https://assets.adidas.com/images/w_600,f_auto,q_auto/056363d48b31464885c6ab950058a1f9_9366/Superstar_Jelly_Shoes_Pink_FX4322_01_standard.jpg

...they sneak up on you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 3:21 am

Can you buy Jelly Shoes in Jellystone Park?

Written By: Howard on 08/14/20 at 7:17 am

Only in department stores.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 7:20 am

Only in department stores.
Not in the department stores or souvenir shops in Jellystone Park?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/14/20 at 1:47 pm

Hahaha  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/20 at 2:01 pm

I stayed at Jellystone Park on our way to Yellowstone when we went across country several years ago. We only spent the night-just passing through. We missed seeing BooBoo going through park in the morning. (Yogi was on vacation.)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 2:02 pm

I stayed at Jellystone Park on our way to Yellowstone when we went across country several years ago. We only spent the night-just passing through. We missed seeing BooBoo going through park in the morning. (Yogi was on vacation.)

Cat
..and you did not to visit the souvenir shop?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/20 at 2:12 pm

..and you did not to visit the souvenir shop?

I did. I got a magnet for my magnet board.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/20 at 2:15 pm

I did. I got a magnet for my magnet board.

Cat

A jelly magnet.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/14/20 at 2:21 pm

It's ugly  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/14/20 at 2:22 pm

Cat

Where is Jellystone Park?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 2:23 pm

Where Yogi and BooBoo live.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/20 at 2:26 pm

It's ugly  :P

Jelly sneakers! I LOVE it!!!

Written By: Howard on 08/14/20 at 2:41 pm

Where Yogi and BooBoo live.

;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/20 at 3:05 pm

;D

Smarter than the average bear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/20 at 3:11 pm

Smarter than the average bear.
“Bears are supposed to avoid people, not run around stealing their food!”

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/20 at 3:28 pm

They have them all over. The one we stayed at was in Pennsylvania.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/15/20 at 4:01 am

“Bears are supposed to avoid people, not run around stealing their food!”

I thought it was the other way around?

Written By: Howard on 08/15/20 at 4:02 am

They have them all over. The one we stayed at was in Pennsylvania.

Cat

Is there one in New York?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/20 at 4:22 am

Is that New York state?

Written By: Howard on 08/15/20 at 4:26 am

Is that New York state?

Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/20 at 9:16 am

Yes.
Any progress yet?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/20 at 1:40 pm

According to this site, there are 7.  https://www.campjellystone.com/campgrounds/new-york-campgrounds/

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/20 at 1:59 pm

According to this site, there are 7.  https://www.campjellystone.com/campgrounds/new-york-campgrounds/

Cat
Yogi and BooBoo work the sites in rotation?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/20 at 4:11 pm

Yogi and BooBoo work the sites in rotation?

Like I said, when I was there Yogi was on vacation but I did get a glimpse of BooBoo-but missed taking a pic of him.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/15/20 at 4:20 pm

Like I said, when I was there Yogi was on vacation but I did get a glimpse of BooBoo-but missed taking a pic of him.

Cat

Yogi was off punching sharks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/20 at 2:35 pm

This was TODAY'S:

https://safr.kingfeatures.com/api/img.php?e=png&s=c&file=TXV0dHMvMjAyMC8wOC9NdXR0c19udGIuMjAyMDA4MTZfMTUzNi5wbmc=

Of course I started laughing when I read it. Normally, I wouldn't have found this funny but thanks to this thread, I do now.

(Sorry it is so big.)

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/20 at 4:17 pm

This was TODAY'S:

https://safr.kingfeatures.com/api/img.php?e=png&s=c&file=TXV0dHMvMjAyMC8wOC9NdXR0c19udGIuMjAyMDA4MTZfMTUzNi5wbmc=

Of course I started laughing when I read it. Normally, I wouldn't have found this funny but thanks to this thread, I do now.

(Sorry it is so big.)

Cat
Has the cartoonist being viewing this thread?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/20 at 6:36 pm

Has the cartoonist being viewing this thread?

Maybe.

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/16/20 at 9:29 pm

Cat

I camped at jellystone many summers when I was a kid, until I was 15. I loved it. Since then they closed that one in traverse city. I took my daughter to the next closest one in Indian river on 2013 but they have since closed that one too.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/20 at 4:05 am

Maybe.

Cat

Who does the cartoon for Mutts?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/20 at 12:59 pm

Here is today's:

https://www.arcamax.com/newspics/186/18670/1867031.gif

Who does the cartoon for Mutts?

Patrick McDonnell.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 6:49 am

Let's just don't go there?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/28/9f/8b/289f8b40bcf6e64b508cf8b34e05e2da.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 12:35 pm

https://i.ibb.co/vjH2mHG/m-5d1368bad948a1b82ba98c75.jpg

Was there a problem with blisters with these shoes?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/20/20 at 12:42 pm

Was there a problem with blisters with these shoes?

Jelly Shoes rule all! How dare you question Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 12:43 pm

I shall turn a blind eye it this..

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/20/20 at 12:44 pm

I shall turn a blind eye it this..

Jelly Shoes are not amused!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 12:45 pm

Jelly Shoes are happy shoes
You can wear them all the day
Starting when you're very young
Until you're old and grey.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/20/20 at 12:47 pm

Jelly Shoes are happy shoes
You can wear them all the day
Starting when you're very young
Until you're old and grey.

Jelly Shoes are pleased.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/21/20 at 7:29 am

Let's just don't go there?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/28/9f/8b/289f8b40bcf6e64b508cf8b34e05e2da.jpg

Is that supposed to be a jelly doughnut dress?

Written By: Howard on 08/21/20 at 7:32 am

You're so "jelly".

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/21/20 at 11:06 am

Is that supposed to be a jelly doughnut dress?

How about these? Very practical for storing things!

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/63/10/6c6310c4b7ddb15499fc47d652de2a4a.jpg

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/3d/d5/573dd5cfda60124c868797bd2cd74adf--the-three-stooges-fashion-moda.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/20 at 11:18 am

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/3d/d5/573dd5cfda60124c868797bd2cd74adf--the-three-stooges-fashion-moda.jpg

Hail to the dresses
That makes everyone pleased
With boxes on your legs
And boxes on your knees

Written By: Howard on 08/21/20 at 1:48 pm

How much do they cost?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/20 at 1:48 pm

How much do they cost?
It comes in a box set.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/20 at 3:49 am

It comes in a box set.

Can they fit in those boxes?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/20 at 6:08 am

Jelly Shoes, Jelly Shoes,
Turn around!
Touch the ground!
Jump up high!
Touch the sky!

Bend down low!
Touch you toes!
Turn out the light!
Say good night!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/20 at 6:13 am

Can they fit in those boxes?
Along with the Jelly Shoes laid in tight?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/17/20 at 11:30 am

Wearing Jelly Shoes is a good walk not spoiled.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/18/20 at 4:48 pm

Wearing Jelly Shoes is a good walk not spoiled.

Jelly shoes will take you places.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/20 at 3:55 am

Jelly shoes will take you places.

They will take you places you've never been before.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/19/20 at 3:43 pm

They will take you places you've never been before.

To a jelly and jam market!

Written By: Howard on 09/20/20 at 4:55 am

To a jelly and jam market!

and Jelly Beans.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/20 at 3:15 pm

and Jelly Beans.
https://storage.googleapis.com/justapinch-blog/2016/09/You-can-tell-a-lot-about-a-fellows-character-by-his-way-of-eating-jelly-beans-1536x864.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/23/20 at 4:05 am

https://storage.googleapis.com/justapinch-blog/2016/09/You-can-tell-a-lot-about-a-fellows-character-by-his-way-of-eating-jelly-beans-1536x864.jpg

I eat my jelly beans by hand if that's what Ronald Reagan is referring to. ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/24/20 at 4:29 pm

Like how I’ll eat the ones I like most, then my 2nd best flavor, and so forth?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/20 at 4:32 pm

Would dinosaurs had survived if they wore Jelly Shoes?

Written By: karen on 09/25/20 at 2:57 am

No, save the best flavours till last

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/20 at 4:45 am

No, save the best flavours till last
The red ones?

Written By: Howard on 09/25/20 at 7:33 am

Do you eat the black ones?

Written By: Howard on 09/25/20 at 7:34 am

The red ones?

How about the black licorice ones?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/20 at 2:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWoH59sV4E

:o :o :o

Cat

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/25/20 at 7:08 pm

Do you eat the black ones?

Yes I like those. Usually eat those first. Purple ones next I think. It’s been awhile. I figure I’ve at least got my favorites consumed in case they go bad or whatever.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/26/20 at 11:29 am

Yes I like those. Usually eat those first. Purple ones next I think. It’s been awhile. I figure I’ve at least got my favorites consumed in case they go bad or whatever.

Ewww :P

Anything root beer flavored...yuck!  8-P

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/26/20 at 11:51 am

I like root beer flavor. But the black ones taste like licorice to me which is also good. My grandpa always gave me that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/20 at 11:53 am

Licorice is a no-no!

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWoH59sV4E

:o :o :o

Cat

I heard about that guy, he ate too many licorice sticks and died.  :(

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:27 pm

I go for different colors.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:28 pm

What about chocolate flavored?

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:29 pm

I like root beer flavor. But the black ones taste like licorice to me which is also good. My grandpa always gave me that.

There is nothing wrong with black licorice, some people might think it tastes funny.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/20 at 3:30 pm

Licorice is a no-no!

Then what do you eat?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/20 at 3:31 pm

Then what do you eat?
Other flavours

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/20 at 7:24 am

Licorice gives one a good run for your money.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/20 at 9:11 am

I go for different colors.
Jelly Shoes are red,
Jelly Shoes are blue,
wearing them on your feet,
are good for you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/20 at 11:27 am

"I'm puttin' on my top hat
Tyin' up my white tie
Brushin' off my Jelly Shoes
I'm dudin' up my shirt front
Puttin' in the shirt studs
Polishin' my nails
I'm steppin' out, my dear
To breathe an atmosphere
That simply reeks with class
And I trust that you'll excuse my dust
When I step on the gas
For I'll be there
Puttin' down my top hat
Mussin' up my white tie
Dancin' in my Jelly Shoes"

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/20 at 12:34 pm

Looks like Jelly Shoes are being ignored here?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/16/20 at 1:32 pm

Looks like Jelly Shoes are being ignored here?

Jelly Shoes are never ignored!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/20 at 1:47 pm

Never ignored, always worn.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/20 at 2:24 pm

You should never ignore jelly!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/16/20 at 2:32 pm

...and the shoes?

Written By: Howard on 10/16/20 at 2:54 pm

...and the shoes?

or having jelly with shoes on.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/19/20 at 6:22 pm

I am.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/20 at 3:03 pm

I am.

Are you gonna ignore peanut butter?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/20 at 11:13 am

Are you gonna ignore peanut butter?
The jar has been left on the shelf.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/20 at 7:42 am

Along with the jelly jam?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/30/20 at 3:55 pm

Along with George Harrison's Apple Jam?

http://beatlesblogger.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/atmp-apple-jam.jpg

Written By: Howard on 10/31/20 at 3:04 pm

Along with George Harrison's Apple Jam?

http://beatlesblogger.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/atmp-apple-jam.jpg

And this full jar of apple jam.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/20 at 6:02 am

And this full jar of apple jam.
...and Pepperoni?

Written By: Howard on 11/06/20 at 7:27 am

...and Pepperoni?

Doesn't sound like a good mixture.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/20 at 7:28 am

Doesn't sound like a good mixture.
Can you suggest what is a good mixture?

Written By: Howard on 11/06/20 at 8:19 am

Can you suggest what is a good mixture?

pepperoni and jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/20 at 5:30 am

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, that conceived Jelly Shoes, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/20 at 2:34 pm

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, that conceived Jelly Shoes, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

A government of the jelly shoes, for the jelly shoes, by the jelly shoes.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/19/20 at 3:28 pm

Jelly to bed and jelly to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise!
-Benjamin "Jelly" Franklin

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/20 at 2:40 pm

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your jelly shoes and the winds long to play with your hair. —Khalil "Gelato' Gibran

Written By: violet_shy on 11/23/20 at 2:41 pm

Jelly to bed and jelly to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise!
-Benjamin "Jelly" Franklin

Lol!  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 7:41 am

https://downbeat.com/images/archives/_small/JellyRollWEB2.jpg
Jelly Roll Morton

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 7:57 am

Jelly Roll Morton
July 20th should be declared as Jelly Day?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 11:12 am

"Whatever the world is, today, good and bad together, that is what Jelly Shoes has made it for from that source it has all come." - Mark Twain

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/24/20 at 11:30 am

To quote James Taylor: it’s like jelly baby...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 11:31 am

Jelly Shoes Happen!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 1:39 pm

July 20th should be declared as Jelly Day?

How about April 22nd when we celebrate Jelly Bean Day?

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 1:41 pm

https://media.images.yourquote.in/post/720/0/0/23/213/xlj52446.webp

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 1:41 pm

Jelly Shoes Happen!

Jelly Happens

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 1:42 pm

How about April 22nd when we celebrate Jelly Bean Day?
Write to the president to confirm it?

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 7:28 am

Write to the president to confirm it?

President Biden?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 7:35 am

President Biden?
Wait for a time when he will not be so busy.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:36 pm

Wait for a time when he will not be so busy.

After January 20th.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/20 at 9:42 am

After January 20th.
Jelly Shoes will be a part of the constitution?

Written By: violet_shy on 12/14/20 at 5:20 pm

I actually found a photo of myself wearing Jellies!

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 6:48 am

I actually found a photo of myself wearing Jellies!

Were you eating jellies too?

Written By: violet_shy on 12/15/20 at 9:58 am

Were you eating jellies too?

I mean the shoes.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/15/20 at 10:16 am

I mean the shoes.

You were eating the shoes?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/15/20 at 1:44 pm

There are some candy shoes you can eat, I believe they're out there somewhere.  ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/15/20 at 2:32 pm

There are some candy shoes you can eat, I believe they're out there somewhere.  ???

Eeew. Jelly shoes with toe jam.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/15/20 at 2:35 pm

"He wear no shoe shine
He got toe jam football"
-Beatles
"Come Together"

Written By: violet_shy on 12/15/20 at 3:52 pm

No I was wearing them.

Written By: Howard on 12/17/20 at 7:28 am

https://i1.wp.com/farmfreshcarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/TOE-Jam-scaled.jpg?fit=1643%2C2560&ssl=1
How about some fresh toe jam?  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 12/17/20 at 1:22 pm

Lol! That never happened to me. But the shoes did get all sweaty inside if worn without socks. I don't know why because jellies were open shoes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/20 at 1:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-2BMyZXK5o

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/01/21 at 1:11 pm

Jelly Shoes warmly welcomes you to 2021, "the year of all good things". So decrees Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Howard on 01/01/21 at 3:07 pm

Jelly Shoes warmly welcomes you to 2021, "the year of all good things". So decrees Jelly Shoes!

Jelly Shoes for 2021.

Written By: kr37 on 01/01/21 at 11:19 pm

I actually hadn't heard of jelly shoes before reading about them here!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/02/21 at 4:33 am

I actually hadn't heard of jelly shoes before reading about them here!  ;D

Well KR, now you know!  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/21 at 4:38 pm

Jelly Shoes for 2021.
...and for the future!

Written By: Howard on 01/05/21 at 3:41 am

...and for the future!

The future is jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/21 at 3:58 pm

The future is jelly.
Jelly is the future
Jelly is the past
Jelly is has it's hold on us
So let's see how long it last?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/05/21 at 4:04 pm

Stimulus jelly!

Written By: Howard on 01/06/21 at 2:20 pm

Stimulus jelly!

I always get stimulated by jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 9:49 am

I always get stimulated by jelly.
any flavour stronger than the other?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/21 at 9:53 am

Petroleum jelly, of course.  ;D  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 9:54 am

Strawberry Petroleum?

Written By: Howard on 01/11/21 at 2:30 pm

How about mint jelly?
https://polanerspreads.com/wp-content/uploads/product-72400019104-1.png

Written By: Howard on 01/11/21 at 2:31 pm

You wouldn't want to ingest petroleum jelly.  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/21 at 2:40 pm

How about mint jelly?
Is the mint real?

Written By: Howard on 01/11/21 at 3:02 pm

Is the mint real?

mint flavoring.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/11/21 at 8:10 pm

How about mint jelly?

Tasty with leg of lamb!  :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/11/21 at 8:57 pm

How about mint jelly?

Never seen such a thing. That looks really good.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/11/21 at 10:21 pm

I highly recommend Polaner products. Their "spreadable fruit" is exactly like jam or jelly except it contains no sugar whatsoever, or anything artificial, and is basically zero calories. It's sweetened with fruit juice and is delicious. It comes in a variety of flavors like strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, etc. I've never tried their mint jelly, but, from what I hear, mint jelly is primarily used with dishes like lamb, which I am not big on, and isn't as great to use in peanut  butter and jelly sandwiches. But I can't swear to that, since I've never tried it.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/21 at 7:14 am

Mint jelly is pretty good, it's not the most popular flavor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/21 at 7:56 am

Mint jelly is pretty good, it's not the most popular flavor.
What is the most popular flavour?

Written By: Howard on 01/12/21 at 9:35 am

What is the most popular flavour?

probably strawberry or peach.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/21 at 9:55 am

Strawberry is popular with me.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/21 at 2:16 pm

Strawberry is popular with me.

Strawberry is good too and it's popular in 2020.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/21 at 4:26 pm

In peach mint?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/13/21 at 11:06 am

Darryl Strawberry?

Written By: Howard on 01/13/21 at 3:03 pm

In peach mint?

That should be a new flavor for Ben And Jerry's.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/13/21 at 3:51 pm

In peach mint?

Peach is peach and mint is mint.

Peach:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.gurneys.com/images/500/08123A.jpg

Mint:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0875/1292/products/mintleaves_e6c4743e-14a2-4e1a-9a56-c076e331cfa0_512x512.png?v=1590880998

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/13/21 at 4:10 pm

In peach mint?
Donald Trump's favourite flavour!

Written By: Howard on 01/14/21 at 2:55 pm

Donald Trump's favourite flavour!

I'm pretty sure he approves.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/21 at 6:38 am

I'm pretty sure he approves.
He will have it pardoned later?

Written By: Howard on 01/20/21 at 3:03 pm

He will have it pardoned later?

And most likely eat the whole damn thing.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/21 at 8:43 am

And most likely eat the whole damn thing.  ::)
Now unnoticed by the National Press and Media?

Written By: Howard on 02/17/21 at 3:22 pm

Now unnoticed by the National Press and Media?

It can't go unnoticed.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/17/21 at 4:49 pm

I owned a few pairs of jellies when I was a little girl.

Written By: Moonlighting on 02/22/21 at 9:26 pm

Yes. My lord....I can still hear the VERY distinctive "clack clack clack" of jelly shoes doing hopscotch during recess while we discussed the finer points of Debbie Gibson's lyrics.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/22/21 at 10:36 pm

It was popular way back in 1989.

hawQ5wobi1Y

"Would you please pass the jelly?"?

Written By: nally on 02/22/21 at 10:43 pm

It was popular way back in 1989.

"Would you please pass the jelly?"?

I remember that advertising campaign, for Polaner All-Fruit. The tag line was "Don't you dare call it jelly!" I would usually see those ads during commercial breaks for The Price Is Right.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/22/21 at 11:28 pm

I remember that advertising campaign, for Polaner All-Fruit. The tag line was "Don't you dare call it jelly!" I would usually see those ads during commercial breaks for The Price Is Right.

Polaner All-Fruit is an excellent product. I use it all the time and have since the 80s. All the flavor of jelly, none of the sugar or calories. No bizarre additives. Pure fruit. I love the seedless raspberry the best, but all flavors are good. Highly recommended!!! O0

Written By: Howard on 02/23/21 at 3:36 am

I remember that commercial when it was on television 30 years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 11:47 am

Is the commercial on YouTube?

Written By: nally on 02/23/21 at 4:40 pm

Probably longer ago than that, in some cases. I saw one such ad in 1989, which is now 32 years ago!

Written By: nally on 02/23/21 at 4:41 pm

Yes, Celeste just posted one such link in her above post.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61865.msg4008549#msg4008549

Written By: Moonlighting on 02/23/21 at 5:41 pm

I remember that Polaner commercial, but I never tried it. I'm wondering how it differs from jelly, jam, or preserves...(?)
I'll keep an eye out for it at the grocery store.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/23/21 at 5:50 pm

I remember that Polaner commercial, but I never tried it. I'm wondering how it differs from jelly, jam, or preserves...(?)
I'll keep an eye out for it at the grocery store.

It's the same. exactly the same. Just no sugar, no artificial sweeteners. Pure fruit. I am looking at a jar of the seedless raspberry flavor as we speak.

Ingredients: juice concentrates (pear, grape, pineapple), raspberries, fruit pectin, citric acid, natural flavor.

35 calories per serving. Serving = 1 tablespoon.

Pretty good! Pretty, pretty good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 9:01 am

Yes, Celeste just posted one such link in her above post.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61865.msg4008549#msg4008549
I was referring to any Jelly Shoe commercial.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 9:02 am

It's the same. exactly the same. Just no sugar, no artificial sweeteners. Pure fruit. I am looking at a jar of the seedless raspberry flavor as we speak.

Ingredients: juice concentrates (pear, grape, pineapple), raspberries, fruit pectin, citric acid, natural flavor.

No spoonfuls of sugar?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/21 at 9:29 am

I owned a few pairs of jellies when I was a little girl.

Yes, we know. You're the one who started this great mind expanding, experimental and conceptual thread that opens up the previously unexplored or underexplored nature of Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/21 at 9:30 am

No spoonfuls of sugar?

To quote Bud Abbot, "certainly not!".

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/21 at 10:07 am

Jelly Shoes bestow inner peace on anyone who contemplates their true nature!

Written By: nally on 02/24/21 at 10:55 am

I was referring to any Jelly Shoe commercial.

I thought you were replying to Howard's post, which replied to a commercial about Polaner All-Fruit, a fruit preserves product that was similar to jelly in nature.

I'm not sure if the Shoes were ever advertised, although I think they could've been.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/24/21 at 11:53 am

I thought you were replying to Howard's post, which replied to a commercial about Polaner All-Fruit, a fruit preserves product that was similar to jelly in nature.

I'm not sure if the Shoes were ever advertised, although I think they could've been.

I have vague recollections of them advertised in newspapers and store sale flyers.  Don't recall any TV or radio ads.  Magazines?  Maybe; don't remember.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 1:07 pm

I have vague recollections of them advertised in newspapers and store sale flyers.  Don't recall any TV or radio ads.  Magazines?  Maybe; don't remember.

No ads on television,
For the sale of Jelly Shoes,
Consumers not buying,
And were so confused.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/21 at 1:36 pm

No ads on television,
For the sale of Jelly Shoes,
Consumers not buying,
And were so confused.

Jelly Shoes do not need to advertise. The very idea!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 1:53 pm

Divine intention leads the way.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/21 at 2:30 pm

Yes I believe it is.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/21 at 2:32 pm

No spoonfuls of sugar?

It doesn't contain much sugar.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 2:33 pm

Yes I believe it is.
For Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Howard on 02/24/21 at 2:36 pm

And I don't see Jelly Shoe commercials on YouTube.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 3:00 pm

And I don't see Jelly Shoe commercials on YouTube.
Is that you do not see or could not find any?

Written By: Howard on 02/24/21 at 3:49 pm

Is that you do not see or could not find any?

I could not find any.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/24/21 at 3:54 pm

It doesn't contain much sugar.

It doesn't contain ANY sugar. No "added" sugar anyway. Only sugar natural to the fruit.

Written By: Moonlighting on 02/24/21 at 4:43 pm

Is it commonly available at grocery stores in the U.S., like Safeway?

I don't remember any commercials for jelly shoes. I haven't read through this whole thread but I'm at pains to understand how a thread about jelly-shoes segued into a discussion of Polaner All Fruit.

Written By: nally on 02/24/21 at 4:49 pm

I haven't read through this whole thread but I'm at pains to understand how a thread about jelly-shoes segued into a discussion of Polaner All Fruit.

It was probably random: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=61865.msg4008549#msg4008549

Due to the fact that the ad posted there (in that reply) mentioned the word jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/21 at 5:50 pm

Are Jelly Shoes known by any other name?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/24/21 at 5:52 pm

Please see my above post. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 2:32 am

Please see my above post. 
I have seen the video of yours, and I was asking for has there been any television advertisements for Jelly Shoes.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/21 at 7:12 am

Is it commonly available at grocery stores in the U.S., like Safeway?

I don't remember any commercials for jelly shoes. I haven't read through this whole thread but I'm at pains to understand how a thread about jelly-shoes segued into a discussion of Polaner All Fruit.

We just talk about one thing and then it leads into another subject.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 9:13 am

Jelly Shoes encompass all things! There is no limit to the vastness of Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 9:57 am

Jelly Shoes encompass all things! There is no limit to the vastness of Jelly Shoes!
...the only limit is shoesize, wearing smaller shoes on your feet can be harmful?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 10:30 am

From the books of lore:

The wise founder of this thread, Jessica-Ann (J-A) knew of the atom-smashing power of Jelly Shoes from her ancient books of 80s lore. She posted this topic, knowing it could unlock the secrets of Jelly Shoes and save the world--yea, the very Universe!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 10:40 am

From the books of lore:

The wise founder of this thread, Jessica-Ann (J-A) knew of the atom-smashing power of Jelly Shoes from her ancient books of 80s lore. She posted this topic, knowing it could unlock the secrets of Jelly Shoes and save the world--yea, the very Universe!
Having access to the data is the key.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 12:18 pm

Having access to the data is the key.

We must never stop trying!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/25/21 at 12:23 pm

I have seen the video of yours, and I was asking for has there been any television advertisements for Jelly Shoes.

I don't think there were, at least not in North America.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 12:34 pm

I don't think there were, at least not in North America.

No, there were not. Except for sneakers (Adidas, Nike, etc) very seldom have specific shoe styles had their own television commercials. If there are shoe commercials they are generally local commercials for the stores themselves, which might mention specific styles on sale that week.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 1:39 pm

From the books of lore:

The illustrations and ornamentation of the Secret Book of Jelly Shoes surpass that of other Insular Footwear books in extravagance and complexity. The decoration combines traditional feet iconography with the ornate swirling motifs typical of Insular art. Figures of humans, animals and mythical beasts, together with Celtic knots and interlacing patterns in vibrant colours of Jelly Shoe moulds, enliven the manuscript's pages. Many of these minor decorative elements are imbued with 1980s symbolism and so further emphasise the themes of the major illustrations.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/21 at 2:12 pm

And Jelly Slippers.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/21 at 2:13 pm

...the only limit is shoesize, wearing smaller shoes on your feet can be harmful?

Always go by the size of the foot and always try to measure it to get the correct size.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/25/21 at 2:19 pm

And Jelly Slippers.

And slippery jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 2:25 pm

Always go by the size of the foot and always try to measure it to get the correct size.
Get the Jelly Shoe ruler out?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 2:26 pm

And slippery jelly.
... dangerous when slippery.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/21 at 2:36 pm

And slippery jelly.

always good on sandwiches.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/21 at 2:37 pm

... dangerous when slippery.

when wet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/21 at 3:21 pm

when wet.
...or with ice on the ground?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/25/21 at 5:23 pm

...or with ice on the ground?

DO NOT wear jellies where there is ice on the ground. Lol. You'll regret it!

Written By: Howard on 02/26/21 at 8:18 am

DO NOT wear jellies where there is ice on the ground. Lol. You'll regret it!

You'll wind up slipping and falling. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/21 at 10:12 am

You'll wind up slipping and falling. :o
Your feet are wibbly and wobbly?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/21 at 10:33 am

Your feet are wibbly and wobbly?
Any offers to any words that rhyme with wobbly?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/03/21 at 10:40 am

Probably Bob Lee.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/21 at 3:06 pm

slobbily? ???

Written By: violet_shy on 03/03/21 at 6:08 pm

slobbily? ???

That's not a word lol ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/21 at 3:32 am

slobbily? ???
That is not a word this time,
In fact, it did not rhyme.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/21 at 4:37 am

That's not a word lol ;D

I can't think of any off the top of my head.  ::) ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 9:31 am

Let's beat those early morning blues,
And reflect on those Jelly Shoes.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/18/21 at 9:53 am

Soon Jelly Shoes will burst forth anew, with all the beauty of Spring.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 9:55 am

With a spring in your step?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/18/21 at 11:33 am

With a spring in your step?

;D    :D    ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 11:36 am

;D    :D    ;D

Are these Jelly Shoes springlike?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Woman_wearing_red_jelly_shoes.jpg/440px-Woman_wearing_red_jelly_shoes.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/21 at 3:45 pm

Gertrude 'Ma' Rainey's "Jelly Bean Blues" which is featured in the Oscar potential film, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"

iae6NjiQAgY

Written By: violet_shy on 03/22/21 at 9:03 pm

These were the jelly shoes I was wearing when I got the glass in my foot. Jellies can be evil!

https://i.ibb.co/ZYD4Lfz/595778cd9823a729fe9cb1ae5b5dace89bb41c14.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/21 at 7:30 am

These were the jelly shoes I was wearing when I got the glass in my foot. Jellies can be evil!
G

https://i.ibb.co/ZYD4Lfz/595778cd9823a729fe9cb1ae5b5dace89bb41c14.jpg

Was it at that point you stopped wearing Jelly Shoes?

Written By: violet_shy on 03/23/21 at 12:49 pm

Was it at that point you stopped wearing Jelly Shoes?

I wore some new pairs a few times after that and then I stopped wearing them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/21 at 3:09 am

I wore some new pairs a few times after that and then I stopped wearing them.

Pushed aside, then to ignore
For you Jelly Shoes were no more.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/01/21 at 11:55 am

Since we were on the topic of shoes....let's discuss Flip-flops! When were they most popular and when exactly were they first made? Also, by whom?

This should be interesting.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/21 at 12:45 pm

Since we were on the topic of shoes....let's discuss Flip-flops! When were they most popular and when exactly were they first made? Also, by whom?

Jelly Flip-Flops?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/01/21 at 12:55 pm

Jelly Flip-Flops?

I forgot about jelly flip-flops! I won't look it up. Thrill me, people!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/21 at 1:38 pm

Two pairs of Jelly Flip Flops,
Wearing them when it's hot.
One pair is Lincoln green,
And the other pair is not.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/21 at 3:07 pm

Wow, there is such a thing. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/21 at 3:34 pm

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its Jelly Flip-Flops on.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/01/21 at 3:43 pm

To those who didn't know:

Wikipedia says:

"Flip-flops. This style of footwear has been worn by the people of many cultures throughout the world, originating as early as the ancient Egyptians in 1,500 B.C. In the United States the flip-flop descends from the Japanese zōri, which became popular after World War II as soldiers brought them back from Japan.

Yay flip-flops!! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/21 at 3:44 pm

Wikipedia says:

"Flip-flops. This style of footwear has been worn by the people of many cultures throughout the world, originating as early as the ancient Egyptians in 1,500 B.C. In the United States the flip-flop descends from the Japanese zōri, which became popular after World War II as soldiers brought them back from Japan.

Walk like an Egyptian?

Written By: Howard on 04/02/21 at 7:19 am

Walk like an Egyptian?

Egyptians wore slippers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 1:12 am

Egyptians wore slippers.
Is that, alnaeal?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 1:13 am

Are Flip-Flops and Slippers the same footwear?

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 7:20 am

Are Flip-Flops and Slippers the same footwear?

Flip Flops are more open toed, slippers are not.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 7:23 am

Flip Flops are more open toed, slippers are not.
How about these slippers?

https://www.bouxavenue.com/dw/image/v2/BBFD_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-bouxavenue-master-catalog/default/dw9d9cb458/606914_90OM_0_FR1.jpeg?sw=680&sh=918&sm=fit

Found on:
https://www.bouxavenue.com/socks-and-slippers/cross-band-slippers/606914_01EX.html?pid=606914&dwvar_606914_color=01EX&dwvar_606914_size=5-6&glCountry=GB&glCurrency=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzjz_lb1ooDi4IPLOTg0BRIGwnGPsTWfoZqXyJHl-blhkWM7wjypKv5hoCoKUQAvD_BwE#fo_c=2605&fo_k=97308bd1772015fa3f2143827bfaadf4&fo_s=gplauk

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 7:24 am

https://www.bouxavenue.com/dw/image/v2/BBFD_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-bouxavenue-master-catalog/default/dw9d9cb458/606914_90OM_0_FR1.jpeg?sw=680&sh=918&sm=fit

Found on:
https://www.bouxavenue.com/socks-and-slippers/cross-band-slippers/606914_01EX.html?pid=606914&dwvar_606914_color=01EX&dwvar_606914_size=5-6&glCountry=GB&glCurrency=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzjz_lb1ooDi4IPLOTg0BRIGwnGPsTWfoZqXyJHl-blhkWM7wjypKv5hoCoKUQAvD_BwE#fo_c=2605&fo_k=97308bd1772015fa3f2143827bfaadf4&fo_s=gplauk
It may be a long URL,
It still worked just as well.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 7:55 am

Found on:

I don't like when toes are exposed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 8:12 am

I don't like when toes are exposed.
The toes will hurt when banged onto something?

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/21 at 9:08 am

Isn’t the point of slippers to keep your feet warm?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 9:49 am

Socks worn with Filp-Flops,
Or Socks worn with slippers,
Are never seen together,
By adults, children or nippers.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/03/21 at 10:00 am

Egyptians wore slippers.

When ancient Egyptians wore anything on their feet, which was rare, they wore sandals, generally made out of woven reed or leather.

http://egyptfwd.org/img/large/2414.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 10:06 am

When ancient Egyptians wore anything on their feet, which was rare, they wore sandals, generally made out of woven reed or leather.

http://egyptfwd.org/img/large/2414.jpg

Sandals and socks are never seen together?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/03/21 at 10:15 am

Only among those who used to be old men.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 10:19 am

Old men and socks,
When at home at rest,
I'll find my socks again,
And put it to the test.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 10:19 am

Do the socks have to be old too?

Written By: Elor on 04/03/21 at 1:57 pm

No, unless you are German. 8)

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 2:06 pm

The toes will hurt when banged onto something?

And that has happened to me plenty of times. :o

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 2:07 pm

Especially in the winter time.

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 2:08 pm

Not a good look.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 2:08 pm

Especially in the winter time.
What is worn in the warmer seasons?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 2:08 pm

And that has happened to me plenty of times. :o
Ouch!

Written By: Howard on 04/03/21 at 2:09 pm

No.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 2:12 pm

No.
Do old socks exist?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 4:53 pm

Wikipedia says:

I have the 1963 film "Cleopatra" (the one with Elizabeth Taylor) on the my television systems, I will watch it and check the footwear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 4:54 pm

I have the 1963 film "Cleopatra" (the one with Elizabeth Taylor) on the my television systems, I will watch it and check the footwear.
Also, there is a sorry sad story to tell about "Cleopatra" (1963).

Written By: violet_shy on 04/03/21 at 5:08 pm

It was probably sandals. Maybe they wore flip-flops.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/21 at 12:46 am

First, I will watch a different film that is set at the same time, but in a different historical empire.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/21 at 5:37 am

Wikipedia says:

Romans, according to Hollywood wore sandals.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/21 at 7:23 am

Do old socks exist?

I'm pretty sure they do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/21 at 3:08 am

Wikipedia says:

So the Egyptians built the Pyramids wearing Flip-Flops?

Written By: Howard on 04/06/21 at 7:13 am

They probably wore shoes that helped protect their feet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/21 at 11:35 am

They probably wore shoes that helped protect their feet.
But did they wear safety helmets?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 11:49 am

Can't say for sure. But I think they wore sandals.

Written By: Ripley on 04/06/21 at 12:23 pm

Me in the early ‘90’s, not sure about the ‘80’s. I liked to pair them with those little outfits where it was an attached top and bottom and had draw string straps on the shoulders.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/867918667/70s-romper-playsuit-purple-bermuda?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-2&cns=1
Like this but more like thigh length short.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/21 at 1:57 pm

But did they wear safety helmets?

I don't think so.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/21 at 2:08 pm

I don't think so.
In 1919, Edward W. Bullard came home to the family business in San Francisco and began developing a safety hat for peacetime workers. Called the Hard Boiled Hat, this canvas and leather headgear was the first commercially available head protection device.

Now when were the Pyramids constructed, and who by?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/21 at 3:10 pm

http://www.hetemeel.com/einsteinshow.php?text=++++++++%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A+++++++++++++++++++++++++Jelly+Shoes+%3D+mc%5E2%0D%0A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++and+%0D%0A++++++++++++++++++++++++++I+8+Flip-Flops

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 3:50 pm

http://www.hetemeel.com/einsteinshow.php?text=++++++++%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A%0D%0A+++++++++++++++++++++++++Jelly+Shoes+%3D+mc%5E2%0D%0A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++and+%0D%0A++++++++++++++++++++++++++I+8+Flip-Flops

;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/06/21 at 5:12 pm

In my electrical engineering college class on transistors we studied about "J-K Flip Flops"  ;D  (you can Google it...)

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/21 at 5:31 pm

In my electrical engineering college class on transistors we studied about "J-K Flip Flops"  ;D  (you can Google it...)

It is a table of....something!  ;D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/06/21 at 5:43 pm

It is a table of....something!  ;D

O0

Written By: Howard on 04/07/21 at 3:19 pm

Would Einstein approve of Jelly Shoes?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/08/21 at 12:42 am

Would Einstein approve of Jelly Shoes?

I think so. He probably gave a pair to his daughter, ha ha!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/21 at 2:49 am

I think so. He probably gave a pair to his daughter, ha ha!
Einstein probably had one daughter which was born illegitimate, never knowingly had contact with.

"Private Einstein letters fell into the hands of the public in the 80ies and caused a lot of sensation, because they revealed that Einstein had an illegitimate daughter with his former fellow student Mileva Maric.

Mileva gave birth to a daughter at her parents’ home in Novi Sad. This was at the end of January, 1902 when Einstein was in Berne. It can be assumed from the content of the letters that birth was difficult. The girl was probably christianised. Her official first name is unknown. In the letters received only the name “Lieserl” can be found.

The further life of Lieserl is even today not totally clear. Michele Zackheim concludes in her book “Einstein’s daughter” that Lieserl was mentally challenged when she was born and lived with Mileva’s family. Furthermore she is convinced that Lieserl died as a result of an infection with scarlet fever in September 1903. From the letters mentioned above it can also be assumed that Lieserl was put up for adoption after her birth.

In a letter from Einstein to Mileva from September 19, 1903, Lieserl was mentioned for the last time. After that nobody knows anything about Lieserl Einstein-Maric.

The reasons why Albert Einstein and Mileva Maric didn’t take her daughter in after her birth won’t be explained here in any more detail.

Even today there is no sign that Albert Einstein has ever seen his daughter."

https://www.einstein-website.de/biographies/einsteinlieserl_content.html

Jelly Shoes have been around since 1946,

From Google:
"A quick scour of the website of Sun Jellies (the brand which has been making the original Méduse jelly shoes since 1946) reveals that Frenchman Monsieur Jean Dauphant came up with the idea of making shoes from plastic during a leather shortage in France after the Second World War."

It is known that Albert Einstein had grandchildren, including one granddaughter (Evelyn) born in 1941, so there is the possibility of giving Jelly Shoes.

I will do more research on this possibility later on in the day.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/08/21 at 3:03 am

It is known that Albert Einstein had grandchildren, including one granddaughter (Evelyn) born in 1941, so there is the possibility of giving Jelly Shoes.

I was kidding, but wow I was close! I think he did give a pair of jellies to his granddaughter. Because they're fun and colorful. Although I think maybe the first jellies weren't so colorful. I could be wrong.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/21 at 6:39 am

I was kidding, but wow I was close! I think he did give a pair of jellies to his granddaughter. Because they're fun and colorful. Although I think maybe the first jellies weren't so colorful. I could be wrong.

It turns out that Evelyn Einstein (1941 – 2011) was adopted, with Hans Albert Einstein her adopted fsther, the son of Albert Einstein. She lived in Chicago, and Albert Einstein resided in New Jersey, so there was a distance between them and it needs good research to find out how often the two met up.

Now this is a good time to read a biography of Albert Einstein.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/21 at 2:45 pm

It turns out that Evelyn Einstein (1941 – 2011) was adopted, with Hans Albert Einstein her adopted fsther, the son of Albert Einstein. She lived in Chicago, and Albert Einstein resided in New Jersey, so there was a distance between them and it needs good research to find out how often the two met up.

Now this is a good time to read a biography of Albert Einstein.

Have you seen the movie IQ? I HIGHLY recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFlIZu9exco

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/21 at 2:49 pm

Cat
Thank, the film is now on my viewing list.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/21 at 3:19 pm

Cat

I don't think so, but maybe My Father has.

Written By: karen on 04/09/21 at 3:40 am

In the mid 00s there was a tv show called Balderdash and Piffle, presented by Victoria Coren. The programme had writers of the Oxford English Dictionary asking members of the public for help in finding the origins and first known citations of a number of words and phrases. I remember in one episode someone presented their diary from the 1950s saying they were cycling to town the next day to buy some flip flops, and this was the first dated usage that could be found of the words being used for the footwear.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/21 at 4:50 am

In the mid 00s there was a tv show called Balderdash and Piffle, presented by Victoria Coren. The programme had writers of the Oxford English Dictionary asking members of the public for help in finding the origins and first known citations of a number of words and phrases. I remember in one episode someone presented their diary from the 1950s saying they were cycling to town the next day to buy some flip flops, and this was the first dated usage that could be found of the words being used for the footwear.
I remember the series, I do not recall that precise episode, but I do recall s program on Anglo Saxon words.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/21 at 4:59 am

Like Elvis said "Don't Step On My Jelly Shoes".

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/21 at 5:02 am

Like Elvis said "Don't Step On My Jelly Shoes".
...his blue Jelly shoes?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/09/21 at 10:55 pm

Cat

We watched it this evening - thanks for the suggestion!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/09/21 at 11:15 pm

Since we were on the topic of shoes....let's discuss Flip-flops!

...I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home...

from Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville, 1977

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/21 at 5:01 am

I want to see it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/21 at 5:42 am

...I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home...

from Jimmy Buffett, Margaritaville, 1977

Jelly Shoes on,
Jelly Shoes off,
Making you cold,
And starting a cough.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/21 at 7:24 am

...his blue Jelly shoes?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1507/0082/products/image_306d9acb-1e2f-432d-bbf4-0efc1448b607_1024x1024.jpg?v=1495765323

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/21 at 7:30 am

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1507/0082/products/image_306d9acb-1e2f-432d-bbf4-0efc1448b607_1024x1024.jpg?v=1495765323

You keep sayin' you got somethin' for me
Somethin' you call lights but that's the best
You've been a'messin' where you shouldn't 've been a'messin'
And now someone else is getting on your chest

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/21 at 1:24 pm

If you want another feel-good movie, I suggest Creator with the late-great Peter O'Toole. It's one of my ALL-TIME favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKhUNElrc84

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/11/21 at 2:16 pm

Hopefully there are no podophobic sufferers here?

Written By: Howard on 04/12/21 at 3:32 am

Hopefully there are no podophobic sufferers here?

I am not a podophobic.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/21 at 9:27 am

I am not a podophobic.
Podophobia is the fear of feet,
But where can they by found,
If you look in a downward direction,
They're between your legs and ground.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/21 at 3:15 pm

Wikipedia says:

What did ancient Greeks worn on their feet?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/21 at 3:21 pm

What did ancient Greeks worn on their feet?

Skippies! Lol.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/21 at 7:48 am

Skippies! Lol.

Skippy And Jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/21 at 8:27 am

Skippies! Lol.
A similar style to gladiator sandals?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/21 at 11:21 am

Skippy And Jelly.
Food related?

Written By: Howard on 04/27/21 at 1:25 pm

Food related?

Yes, They are.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/21 at 7:22 am

Yes, They are.
Do you eat your shoes?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/05/21 at 7:37 am

No I don't eat my shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/21 at 11:24 am

No I don't eat my shoes.

Choosing what to eat,
Not to wish to become thinner
Choice of cuisine a-plenty
For better things for dinner.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/21 at 2:06 pm

Choosing what to eat,

How about Filet Of Sole?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/05/21 at 6:00 pm

No I don't eat my shoes.

Choosing what to eat,

How about Filet Of Sole?

;D  :D  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/21 at 7:25 am

;D  :D  ;D

Dinner at dinner time,
Served on a plate or bowl.
What fish shall I have?
How about Filet Of Sole?

Written By: Howard on 05/06/21 at 7:38 am

Dinner at dinner time,
Served on a plate or bowl.
What fish shall I have?
How about Filet Of Sole?

https://jillhough.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Petrale-3.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/21 at 7:45 am

Do you have to beg, for the hard boiled egg?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/21 at 7:45 am

The Petrale sole is an edible flatfish of the family Pleuronectidae. It is a demersal fish that lives on sandy bottoms, usually in deep water, down to depths of about 550 metres. Males can grow to 53 centimetres in length, females to 70 centimetres, and they can weigh up to 3.7 kilograms.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/21 at 2:00 pm

Do you have to beg, for the hard boiled egg?

No, you don't need to beg.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/06/21 at 4:22 pm

How about Filet Of Sole?

Filet of Sole and Heel.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/21 at 4:34 pm

No, you don't need to beg.
For your fish on a dish,
Just state and orate,
A niche for a wish,
And wait for your plate.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/21 at 7:25 am

Filet of Sole and Heel.

Have you had Filet Of Sole before?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/21 at 11:13 am

...only at dinner time 🍴

Written By: Howard on 05/07/21 at 2:18 pm

...only at dinner time 🍴

I must try it one day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/21 at 4:48 am

How do you say filet
Instantly without delay,
Not as filet as bill it,
But it is said as filet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/21 at 4:52 am

I must try it one day.
How do you eat yours,
For a shine don't use varnish,
A much healthier way is to,
Served it with lemon as garnish.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/21 at 7:41 am

How do you eat yours,
For a shine don't use varnish,
A much healthier way is to,
Served it with lemon as garnish.

And with a touch of salt and pepper.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/21 at 7:56 am

And with a touch of salt and pepper.
Just a touch, and not too much,
Of seasoning on the fish,
Add some herbs for extra flavour,
The choice is your best wish.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/21 at 1:45 pm

What is this,
What have I seen?
There is a Bob Dylan song,
That is called "Jelly Bean".

To much astonishment,
To much ado,
After searching YouTube,
No video to view!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/21 at 12:48 pm

Jelly Shoes! Jelly Shoes!
For a while this thread took  snooze
But now it's come back around
You can never keep Jelly Shoes down!

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/21 at 1:41 pm

Jellies, jellies everywhere!
Wear them on my feet without a care
You can't help but to stare
When jelly shoes are paired!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/21 at 7:39 am

“Not I, believe me. You have dancing jelly shoes with nimble soles. I have a soul of lead so stakes me to the ground I cannot move.” - William Shakespeare

Written By: violet_shy on 08/04/21 at 12:51 pm

Without Jelly shoes I am bored.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/21 at 1:10 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46194.0

Written By: Howard on 08/04/21 at 2:56 pm

without Jelly, peanut butter is bored.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/04/21 at 4:34 pm

without Jelly, peanut butter is bored.
Peanut butter on the Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Howard on 08/05/21 at 7:17 am

That would be messy.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/05/21 at 7:35 am

That would be messy.

Hahaha lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/21 at 7:54 am

Hahaha lol
Oh my Jessy!
It's gets quite messy?

Written By: Howard on 08/05/21 at 1:32 pm

Oh my Jessy!
It's gets quite messy?

Just don't get peanut butter on your shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/21 at 6:21 am

Just don't get peanut butter on your shoes.
Peanut Butter on your shoes,
Can give the downtime blues,
So not to ruin your day,
Fine a cloth and wipe it away.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/23/21 at 9:16 am

Jelly Shoes make life worth living
This thread is the gift that keeps on giving
:)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/25/21 at 11:16 am

Had them.

Didn't realize I was supposed to wear them with socks, so my feet sweated.
In the TX heat.  :o

Written By: Howard on 08/25/21 at 2:58 pm

Had them.

Didn't realize I was supposed to wear them with socks, so my feet sweated.
In the TX heat.  :o

And now you know. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/21 at 5:51 am

And now you know. ;)
Now we all know,
When your feet are aglow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/21 at 6:07 am

and Jelly Beans.
Coming back for more?

9HkaN70Qe8s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/21 at 12:59 pm

Coming back for more?

9HkaN70Qe8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3OXqRciinw

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/22 at 8:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3OXqRciinw

Cat
Please sir, I want some more!
7tOkpntQtBM

Written By: Howard on 01/18/22 at 3:03 pm

Please sir, I want some more!
7tOkpntQtBM

Oliver Twist never worn Jelly Shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/22 at 3:12 pm

Shoes, glorious shoes
Red leather or slip-on
While we're in the mood
Laced up or clip-on

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/18/22 at 3:44 pm

Oh how they have been missed!
Let the historical record show
They were worn by Oliver Twist!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/22 at 3:48 pm

Oh how they have been missed!
Let the historical record show
They were worn by Oliver Twist!
To obtain them, he had to pick-a-pocket or two?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/18/22 at 3:52 pm

To obtain them, he had to pick-a-pocket or two?

He picked a pocket or two
But it was not to fill his belly
Let the record show
It was to buy shoes of jelly!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/22 at 3:54 pm

He picked a pocket or two
But it was not to fill his belly
Let the record show
It was to buy shoes of jelly!
Who will buy my shoes of jelly?
Two pairs for a penny.
Who will buy my shoes of jelly?
Two pairs for a penny.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/22 at 8:31 am

From "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens, Chapter 20, Page 1:

"When Oliver awoke in the morning, he was a good deal surprised to find that a new pair of shoes, with strong thick soles, had been placed at his bedside; and that his old shoes had been removed. At first, he was pleased with the discovery: hoping that it might be the forerunner of his release; but such thoughts were quickly dispelled, on his sitting down to breakfast along with the Jew, who told him, in a tone and manner which increased his alarm, that he was to be taken to the residence of Bill Sikes that night."

Written By: Howard on 01/19/22 at 2:14 pm

From "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens, Chapter 20, Page 1:

"When Oliver awoke in the morning, he was a good deal surprised to find that a new pair of shoes, with strong thick soles, had been placed at his bedside; and that his old shoes had been removed. At first, he was pleased with the discovery: hoping that it might be the forerunner of his release; but such thoughts were quickly dispelled, on his sitting down to breakfast along with the Jew, who told him, in a tone and manner which increased his alarm, that he was to be taken to the residence of Bill Sikes that night."

Did he have the shoes he wanted?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/22 at 2:27 pm

Did he have the shoes he wanted?
He was certainly pleased with them.

BTW, no socks were mentioned?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/22 at 2:53 pm

He was certainly pleased with them.

BTW, no socks were mentioned?

You can't have shoes without socks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/22 at 2:36 am

You can't have shoes without socks.
Even on a hot day, especially in the tropics?

Written By: Howard on 01/20/22 at 3:19 am

Even on a hot day, especially in the tropics?

You'd probably sweat less.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/22 at 5:49 am

You'd probably sweat less.
Have you put this into practice?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/22 at 6:59 am

Have you put this into practice?

I always wear socks and shoes.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/22/22 at 8:55 am

Do you put on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe, or a sock and a shoe and a sock and a shoe?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/22 at 1:02 pm

Putting on your socks and shoes
The order you must decide
The choice will always be yours
But with the socks on the inside

Written By: Howard on 01/22/22 at 1:42 pm

Do you put on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe, or a sock and a shoe and a sock and a shoe?

Put a sock in it!  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/24/22 at 4:36 pm

Who put the sock in the shoe sah somp sah somp

Written By: Howard on 01/25/22 at 3:23 am

Who put the sock in the shoe sah somp sah somp

That's pretty funny.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/25/22 at 5:28 am

So it's not barefooted for you?

Written By: Howard on 01/25/22 at 2:59 pm

So it's not barefooted for you?

The only time I'll go barefoot is at home.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/22 at 5:01 am

The only time I'll go barefoot is at home.
So you when you go swimming, you still wear shoes?

Written By: Howard on 01/26/22 at 2:10 pm

So you when you go swimming, you still wear shoes?

I haven't gone swimming in such a long time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/22 at 2:41 pm

Did you wear shoes when swimming then?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/22 at 3:44 pm

You could have worn flippers?

Written By: Howard on 01/27/22 at 3:29 am

No I don't wear swimming shoes.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/22 at 3:30 am

You could have worn flippers?

I keep my feet open.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/22 at 5:41 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/HYYY45DXUEI6XFENDFDS42BVEE.jpg&w=916

Written By: Howard on 01/29/22 at 7:03 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/HYYY45DXUEI6XFENDFDS42BVEE.jpg&w=916

Is Socks still alive or did he pass away?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/22 at 7:13 am

Now the image has disappeared!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/22 at 7:44 am

Is Socks still alive or did he pass away?
Socks was euthanized on February 20th 2009, in Hollywood, Maryland, after suffering cancer of the jaw.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/22 at 8:00 am

Socks was euthanized on February 20th 2009, in Hollywood, Maryland, after suffering cancer of the jaw.

:\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/22 at 11:20 am

:\'(
One wonders on how many mice Socks caught over the years at the White House?

Written By: Howard on 02/08/22 at 3:16 am

One wonders on how many mice Socks caught over the years at the White House?

Was it a friendly cat?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/22 at 5:46 am

Was it a friendly cat?
Is that detail contained in government records?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/22 at 1:33 pm

Was it a friendly cat?
Has other US Presidents had cats as a pet?

Written By: Howard on 02/18/22 at 3:38 pm

Not that I know of.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/22 at 3:40 pm

Not that I know of.
I know that Barrack Obama had a dog named No, and we saw it when we visited the White House.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/18/22 at 4:21 pm

Not that I know of.

The following US presidents had cats, according to cattime.com:

https://cattime.com/cat-names/725-all-presidents-cats-names

Martin Van Buren:
A pair of unnamed tiger cubs, originally received as a gift from the Sultan of Oman.

Rutherford B. Hayes:
Piccolomini
Siam (a Siamese)
Miss Pussy (another Siamese)

William McKinley:

Enrique DeLome (an Angora feline)
Valeriano Weyler (also an Angora)
Theodore Roosevelt (R): 26th US President (1901-1909)
Tom Quartz
The excellently-named Slippers

Woodrow Wilson:

Puffins

Calvin Coolidge:
Budget Bureau (a lion cub)
Smoky (a bobcat, no less)
Tax Reduction (a second lion cub)
Tiger

John F. Kennedy:

Tom Kitten (who also sometimes went by the moniker Tom Terrific)

Jimmy Carter:
Misty Malarky Ying Yang (a spectacularly-named Siamese)

Bill Clinton:
Socks (who was a Tuxedo stray, originally adopted back in Little Rock, Arkansas).

George W. Bush:
India “Willie” Bush, to give this feline her proper name

Joseph R. Biden:

Willow (named after First Lady Dr. Jill Biden’s hometown of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania)

Caroline, John & Jackie Kennedy with Tom Kitten a/k/a Tom Terrific:

https://cattime.com/assets/uploads/2019/04/JFK_Cat.jpg

Written By: karen on 02/19/22 at 2:59 am

The following US presidents had cats, according to cattime.com:

https://cattime.com/cat-names/725-all-presidents-cats-names

William McKinley:

Enrique DeLome (an Angora feline)
Valeriano Weyler (also an Angora)
Theodore Roosevelt (R): 26th US President (1901-1909)
Tom Quartz
The excellently-named Slippers

I’ve always thought cats would make nice warm mittens

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/22 at 3:04 am

But little kittens keep losing their mittens?

Written By: Howard on 02/19/22 at 7:04 am

There are some cats named Mittens.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/22 at 12:01 pm

There are some cats named Mittens.
As in their paws are like wearing mittens, or as in (as above) socks?

Written By: Howard on 02/22/22 at 7:00 am

As in their paws are like wearing mittens, or as in (as above) socks?

Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/22 at 7:16 am

Yes.
Puss in Boots?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/22 at 4:38 am

Jelly Roll Morton
There is a British jazz saxophonist with the Ray Gelato.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/22 at 11:30 am

But kittens keep losing their mittens?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/22 at 1:42 pm

But kittens keep losing their mittens?

They were bad little kittens and they shall have no pie.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/22 at 2:00 pm

They were bad little kittens and they shall have no pie.

Cat
gMeow, meow, meow, my.

Written By: karen on 04/09/22 at 9:55 am

A Facebook friend of mine posted a picture he took of jelly shoes (bright pink ones) (adult sized apparently) for sale in a shop in town

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/11/22 at 2:22 pm

A Facebook friend of mine posted a picture he took of jelly shoes (bright pink ones) (adult sized apparently) for sale in a shop in town
Was there a queue at the shop to buy them?  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/12/22 at 2:49 am

Was there a queue at the shop to buy them?  ;D

Well, he had several friends enquiring which shop it was and asking if they had their size in stock

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/22 at 10:45 am

Well, he had several friends enquiring which shop it was and asking if they had their size in stock

What is the news
Of all these queues
With no time to lose
For you got to choose
Which pair of jelly shoes?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/22 at 2:50 pm

Just spotted!

AmericanGirl 08:49:13 PM Viewing the topic Who wore Jelly Shoes?.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/10/22 at 12:34 pm

Those things should not be voluntarily worn!!!!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/10/22 at 1:09 pm

To wear jelly shoes one should not volunteer
You'd never see them in a painting by Vermeer
Once worn by a singer of dubious merit
Now only used as a bed for a pet ferret

Written By: Howard on 06/10/22 at 2:45 pm

Hi Reynolds, long time no see. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/22 at 7:05 am

Everybody's going for those jelly shoes, jelly shoes
(Boop, boop)
Jelly shoes
It's a womanly kind of fashion
That you borrowed from the muse
Borrowed from the muse
(Boop, boop)
Jelly shoes

Fashion magazines say wear 'em
And you rush to obey like the women in a harem

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/22 at 3:13 pm

Jelly Roll Morton
I just read online that his composition "Jelly Roll Blues", published in 1915, was one of the first published jazz compositions and he also claimed to have invented the genre.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/22 at 3:40 pm

I just read online that his composition "Jelly Roll Blues", published in 1915, was one of the first published jazz compositions and he also claimed to have invented the genre.

But who invented Jelly Shoes?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/04/22 at 3:48 pm

But who invented Jelly Shoes?
After world war II, man-made materials such as plastics were cheap alternatives to natural textiles, such as leather and cotton. The French company Sarraizienne claims to have created the first shoe in PVC in the 50's and they were used by fishermen for its ease of cleaning and low prices. The shoes were sold in large baskets and were transparent and depreciated in terms of fashion. Jelly shoes or jellies are a type of shoe made of PVC plastic. Jelly shoes come in a large variety of brands and colours and the material is sometimes infused with glitter. Its name comes from the French company called Jelly Shoes, founded by Tony Alano and Nicolas Guillon in 1980 in Paris.[

Written By: Howard on 11/04/22 at 4:02 pm

After world war II, man-made materials such as plastics were cheap alternatives to natural textiles, such as leather and cotton. The French company Sarraizienne claims to have created the first shoe in PVC in the 50's and they were used by fishermen for its ease of cleaning and low prices. The shoes were sold in large baskets and were transparent and depreciated in terms of fashion. Jelly shoes or jellies are a type of shoe made of PVC plastic. Jelly shoes come in a large variety of brands and colours and the material is sometimes infused with glitter. Its name comes from the French company called Jelly Shoes, founded by Tony Alano and Nicolas Guillon in 1980 in Paris.[

:) Thanks.

Check for new replies or respond here...