inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late 80s snowblower commercial

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/24/20 at 4:23 pm

As it’s snowing out I’m thinking if this again.

I’ve been trying to find this commercial for a long time and no such luck. My friend and I used to love it. It’s most likely 1988-89 but it could be very early 90s. Here’s what I remember. I think it was Toro but I could be wrong.

HCz1h8E_sBw
It had the first 42 seconds of this song playing through it.

It started by asking how you would get through the snowbank at the end of your driveway left by the snowplow. Exaggerated in height of course.

They showed a Dodge Caravan chirping it’s tires and backing up at high speed and hitting the snowbank with a thud.

Then I believe another vehicle which I forget.

Then something like a Lincoln Town Car balanced on top of the snowbank, teetering, revving it’s engine and spinning its wheels.

Then they did the sales pitch for the snowblower.

And as it ended, they said “the only problem now... is getting out of your driveway to go buy one”. While showing a Dodge Aries just like this one, blasting through the snowbank in slow motion.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/4d/7b/e74d7b167721e23f381587f9631d152d.jpg

I’d like to know how good my memory is. And would love to see it again. Does anyone else remember this?

Check for new replies or respond here...