inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guilty Pleasure songs of the 1980s

Written By: violet_shy on 11/17/20 at 4:56 pm

Those songs from the 1980s we like to remember or listen to, and we don't want anyone to know about it...lol.  ;D

My oldest cousin, who was in her teens in the 80s would blast this song like there was no tomorrow. Glenn Medeiros who is of Portugese descent(like me). Today he is an educator. He no longer sings. I think this is also a one hit wonder.

mUg5aEy-8CQ

Subject: Re: Guilty Pleasure songs of the 1980s

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/17/20 at 5:29 pm

2n6YaiWrsPI

Can’t We Try with Vonda Shepard was a better song IMO but I think this one was more sappy.

CzQPJy8Q6qE

Loved this one since I was a kid.

Written By: BotleyCrew on 11/20/20 at 10:16 pm

HQW7I62TNOw

Only a half guilty pleasure, because as cheesy as these guys were, they could spit rhymes:

lcrmyk71lnw

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/21/20 at 2:46 am

Ever since I watched Cobra Kai, I've been cranking this up in my car when I drive around on nice days.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1hwX3LP1wQ

Written By: nally on 12/10/20 at 10:59 am

A few new-wave tracks come to mind. I will mention them later.

Written By: nally on 03/19/23 at 11:22 pm

A few new-wave tracks come to mind. I will mention them later.

Found one:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQv6TNS9RG8

I Eat Cannibals by Total Coelo

Written By: whistledog on 03/25/23 at 6:56 pm

Here is the 1987 single Boys (Summertime Love) by Italian singer Sabrina Salerno (known mononymously as Sabrina).  This song is well-known for it's music video in which a very busty Sabrina swims around in a pool, but I like this song a lot because it is a solid dance song and is fun to listen to (the eye candy is an added bonus).  It missed the US charts completely, but it peaked at #3 in the UK and #2 on the Canadian Dance chart, both in 1988. 

I won't post the video because it contains nudity, so here is a clip of her performing it on the BBC series Top Of The Pops

-CBtoIRVK3Y

Written By: Howard on 03/26/23 at 2:44 am

Here is the 1987 single Boys (Summertime Love) by Italian singer Sabrina Salerno (known mononymously as Sabrina).  This song is well-known for it's music video in which a very busty Sabrina swims around in a pool, but I like this song a lot because it is a solid dance song and is fun to listen to (the eye candy is an added bonus).  It missed the US charts completely, but it peaked at #3 in the UK and #2 on the Canadian Dance chart, both in 1988. 

I won't post the video because it contains nudity, so here is a clip of her performing it on the BBC series Top Of The Pops

I enjoy Sabrina's video so much, it's when she keeps losing her swimsuit top so she tries to keep it from falling off.  :o

Written By: ralfyman on 03/26/23 at 3:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu_kBTbbulQ

Written By: nally on 03/26/23 at 10:13 am

Michael Sembello “Automatic Man”

And I thought he was a one hit wonder with “Maniac”

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/23 at 6:10 pm

I've never been a big country music fan, but a big guilty pleasure for me is the 1984 hit Sweet Country Music by Atlanta.  It features a violin solo that is an obvious sendup of the violin solo heard in the 1982 hit Mountain Music by Alabama

It also features an interpolation of the Christian hymn Will The Circle Be Unbroken?  I don't do religion, but the verse totally fits within this song, and it's so fun to sing along to!

31yusmmNMpA

Check for new replies or respond here...