inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Retro Pop Reunion: The Greatest Hits of the Video Music Era

Written By: violet_shy on 04/16/21 at 7:57 pm

Does anyone remember this on the radio in the late 90s. It was on 92 Pro FM, but people from all over the country called in with their requests. They would play songs from the 1980s and early 1990s. It was so much fun! I still have it on some of my cassettes from 1998 or 1999. But after 1999 they stopped airing it on the radio.

Subject: Re: Retro Pop Reunion: The Greatest Hits of the Video Music Era

Written By: violet_shy on 04/18/21 at 4:58 pm

Nobody from the states remembers the retro pop reunion? It was aired on Pro FM and all around the US in 1998 and 1999.

It was special :\'(

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/20/21 at 11:35 am

I don’t, but we had limited stations up here. Sometimes if the weather was right I could pull WIOG from Bay City and they had a show like that called Retro Radio in the mid to late 90s.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/20/21 at 11:50 am

No, I don't.  I was a newlywed then ('98-'99) and something like that wouldn't have interested me much.  At that time I was much more into CCM and oldies (and 70's music when I could find it).

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/20/21 at 12:04 pm

A radio show about videos? No wonder nobody heard it. Radio didn't kill the video star!  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/20/21 at 2:43 pm

A radio show about videos? No wonder nobody heard it. Radio didn't kill the video star!  ;D  ;D

Then what did?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/20/21 at 3:05 pm

Then what did?

The internet of course.  ;D  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 04/20/21 at 3:23 pm

Why doesn't anyone remember this? It was aired all across the states.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/20/21 at 3:39 pm

Maybe you dreamed it? That kind of thing happens. ???

Written By: karen on 04/20/21 at 3:41 pm

It looks like it still airs on Sundays

https://tunein.com/radio/Retro-Pop-Reunion-with-Joe-Cortez-p37481/

https://sunbgi.com/programming/retro-pop-reunion-biggest-hits/

Seems to play hits from the 80s and 90s

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/20/21 at 5:37 pm

Very small window of regular posters here. Some of us from rural areas that didn’t carry it, and the internet was young so we never heard of it. Some of us are not even in the USA. Others just plain weren’t interested.

For awhile I was loyal to Country Gold Saturday Night. So I would have been unaware of any other radio shows at that time. Or I listened to my CDs. Or I’m working. Listening to actual radio isn’t something I do a lot.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/21 at 7:28 am

The internet of course.  ;D  ;D

The internet killed the radio star.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/21 at 7:29 am

I don't remember this.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/21/21 at 6:55 pm

Very small window of regular posters here. Some of us from rural areas that didn’t carry it, and the internet was young so we never heard of it. Some of us are not even in the USA. Others just plain weren’t interested.

For awhile I was loyal to Country Gold Saturday Night. So I would have been unaware of any other radio shows at that time. Or I listened to my CDs. Or I’m working. Listening to actual radio isn’t something I do a lot.

Yes. You're right. I was hoping you all would remember it lol. I have it all recorded on cassettes which I want to transfer onto CDs.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/21/21 at 7:55 pm

Yes. You're right. I was hoping you all would remember it lol. I have it all recorded on cassettes which I want to transfer onto CDs.

Keep your show recordings!  You'll enjoy them down the road.

Do you have the facilities to transfer your cassettes onto CD?  It's not always a gimme.  If you have a computer you can get an inexpensive USB device (I have a Behringer UCA-222) which you can use in conjunction with Audacity (free to download) and run that while playing your tape, then export the captured results from Audacity to mp3, and make the computer burn it to CD.  There likely are other ways to do it too.  Good luck.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/21 at 10:30 am

Keep your show recordings!  You'll enjoy them down the road.

Do you have the facilities to transfer your cassettes onto CD?  It's not always a gimme.  If you have a computer you can get an inexpensive USB device (I have a Behringer UCA-222) which you can use in conjunction with Audacity (free to download) and run that while playing your tape, then export the captured results from Audacity to mp3, and make the computer burn it to CD.  There likely are other ways to do it too.  Good luck.

I also have a Behringer UCA-222. I'm finding my way around Audacity. I have digitized a number of cassettes and some albums too. I'm a bit puzzled by "freeware" like Audacity. I mean, it doesn't really belong to anybody, it just EXISTS. It's not affiliated with any company and it doesn't generate income. It's just THERE.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/22/21 at 10:47 am

I also have a Behringer UCA-222. I'm finding my way around Audacity. I have digitized a number of cassettes and some albums too. I'm a bit puzzled by "freeware" like Audacity. I mean, it doesn't really belong to anybody, it just EXISTS. It's not affiliated with any company and it doesn't generate income. It's just THERE.

Yeah, I don't know Audacity's specific history, but a lot of freeware likely started out as some geek's college project (or a team of geeks) and once they decided it was good they "put it out there".  As many geeks can be perfectionists (I have first hand knowledge on that) they keep improving it, but never decide to sell it.

Audacity might have a different history, not sure about that  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/21 at 12:43 pm

Yeah, I don't know Audacity's specific history, but a lot of freeware likely started out as some geek's college project (or a team of geeks) and once they decided it was good they "put it out there".  As many geeks can be perfectionists (I have first hand knowledge on that) they keep improving it, but never decide to sell it.

Audacity might have a different history, not sure about that  :-\\

Yes, that seems to be the case with Audacity as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...