inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dokken

Written By: Dude111 on 05/04/21 at 6:33 pm

Who here likes Dokken??

I just got the first album (The original 1981 release -- Not that 1983 re-issue that doesnt sound as good (Not as warm))

It was HARD finding this album,mostly the 1983 re-issue or NEW releases were on ebay (180Gram digitally sourced))

Hard finding the original analogue release!!

I had tooth and Nail (1984) and I didnt like it at all...... The first album kicks all!!!!!

Anyone else think thier early stuff is better? (Most groups get worse over the years)

Subject: Re: Dokken

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/21 at 10:37 pm

Breaking the Chains is one of the best rock songs ever!

I have Tooth and Nail on Vinyl and their first 4 albums on cassette as well as the 1990 Lynch Mob album Wicked Sensation on cassette.  Finding Dokken stuff on vinyl is not easy without paying top dollar.  And I don't pay top dollar, which is why I only own Tooth and Nail lol  I found it at a thrift shop for $2.  Yes please!

Subject: Dokken

Written By: Dude111 on 05/06/21 at 4:06 am

Yes this whole album kicks ass!!!!

I dont know why the label said it was a flop,its excellent!!!!! (The original is Much better sounding and better content than the 83 crap)

This one has a letter written on it on the back from Don himself "To my metal girl..." -- Im surprised they didnt jack the price sky high just for that!!

Check for new replies or respond here...