inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VCR games

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/20/21 at 8:40 am

In 1986, around the time VCRs were becoming pretty common, a rather brief fad that consisted of games that took the traditional board game  while adding a tape became moderate popular, but its popularity died with the hair bands in the early '90s. By then, computers with CD-ROM could start to run similar functions that the VCRs could. Some of the games included Commercial Crazies, where you try to pick out which spots were the most effective and out of the wall, as well as "Predicaments", which essentially took the "Choose your own adventure" formula with a soap opera-type plot. Another one that I know of was for America's Funniest Home Videos around 1990, which was around 80 minutes of various clips that may have been seen on the first season of the show where the players would vote which video they thought were the funniest. One of the last ones that was released was for Wayne's World around 1993. What are some other games that you can come up with?

Subject: VCR games

Written By: Dude111 on 09/03/22 at 9:09 pm

I saw a VCR game at salvation army once....I didnt get it because I dont have anyone to play it with..... Would be nice getting one!!

Do they make these games on DVDs also??

Check for new replies or respond here...