inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s songs with keyboard/synth/piano solos

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/22 at 11:07 pm

Here is the 1981 hit In Your Letter by REO Speedwagon
Listen at 1:14 for a really great piano solo.  Every time I hear this song, I feel like John Candy doing "The Mess Around" in Planes, Trains and Automobiles

XUekgqusUKQ

--------------------------------------------------------

You remember the 1984 #1 hit Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run) by Billy Ocean, but if you didn't own the album, you may not know about this one ...
This song makes fantastic use of a synthesizer throughout but the album version is the only way I listen to it.  At almost 8 minutes in length, it has one of the greatest synth solos of the decade at 3:58 in the song. 

In some countries it was recorded as African Queen (No More Love On The Run) and European Queen (No More Love On The Run) and while the synth solo does not appear in the former, it does in the latter (album mix only; single versions do not have it)

aa0eBa6wifo

Subject: Re: 80s songs with keyboard/synth/piano solos

Written By: robby76 on 05/28/22 at 8:42 am

I love a lot of instrumental solos in Five Star songs. This must be a synth at 2:43. Love the "late night" vibe of it...

pNAOwQLxXaI

Check for new replies or respond here...