inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The most 80s family in sitcom history

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/23 at 12:35 pm

I would say the hogans......

Subject: Re: The most 80s family in sitcom history

Written By: robby76 on 05/02/23 at 10:36 am

Considering the show was no1 in the ratings for 5 years in a row, my vote goes to the Cosby's! I loved the Cosby kids and they somewhat reminded me of my siblings as we were all similar ages and sexes.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/23 at 3:34 pm

I would say The Seavers, The Father was cool, The Mother was understanding and The siblings were pretty nice.

Written By: yelimsexa on 05/03/23 at 7:48 pm

The most retro-80s family ever, The Goldbergs, comes to an end tonight after a decade, appropriately ending on a school reunion-themed episode. Too bad Schooled spun off a few years ago to try to take it into the '90s, but at least we've got That '90s Show now as a continuation of That '70s Show.

The Harpers from Mama's Family resemble more down-to-earth, suburban Midwestern version of the 1980s household much like the Hogans. The Bowers/Micellis from Who's The Boss? is an honorable mention as well. But I'll have to go with what  President Reagan said was his preference, the Keatons.

Subject: The most 80s family in sitcom history

Written By: Dude111 on 05/16/23 at 1:05 pm

Thats sad to hear its ending :(

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/16/23 at 1:18 pm

The Harpers from Mama's Family resemble more down-to-earth, suburban Midwestern version of the 1980s household much like the Hogans.

I'm not so sure about Mama's Family being very definitively 80s. Even Vicki Lawrence, in some interviews, has said that people ask her what era the show takes place in. It kind of exists in it's own universe.  The fashions, for example, aren't even remotely 80-ish. Even for a small town. It's also more southern than midwestern. Vickie Lawrence has also said "if Mama is anything, she's a product of the Bible Belt".

Written By: Howard on 05/16/23 at 3:47 pm

Can I say Different Strokes? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...