inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baywatch...love it,hate it,or just don't care either way?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/03/04 at 7:22 pm

Baywatch Poll

Subject: Re: Baywatch...love it,hate it,or just don't care either way?

Written By: AL-B on 05/03/04 at 7:32 pm

I thought Baywatch was stupid, but I loved the parody "Son Of The Beach," with Timothy Stack.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 10:21 am

I thought Baywatch was stupid, but I loved the parody "Son Of The Beach," with Timothy Stack.
Damn....THAT is the show I was think of when I voted that I liked it :-\

Written By: bj26 on 05/04/04 at 10:48 am

Never watched it so can't give an honest vote.  They were like lifeguards who ran in slow motion, one was Pam Anderson and the other took drugs and got swollen, and now she's straight or something.  The dude used to drive the car named Kit, and I did like that show.

Written By: Cheetara on 05/04/04 at 4:58 pm

I didn't watch it religiously or anything like that.  Sometimes, I would tune in just to watch the hard...tight bodies running around...lol 

Pathetic...yes I know...lol ::) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 5:50 pm

The dude used to drive the car named Kit, and I did like that show.
That show was called "Knight Rider" and I liked that one also. bj26  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/04 at 6:32 pm

BoobWatch  :-\

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/05/04 at 1:22 pm

If Baywatch is one thing, it wasn't boring (until Hasselhoff left). What I couldn't stand was their insistent promotion of Pamela Anderson's fake boobs. She wasn't that gorgeous and I didn't see what Tommy Lee of Kid Rock saw in them her. But she compensated by showing her assets. She just made me sick. Yasmin Bleeth was just plain. I'd rather see Olive Oyl in a bikini. :P

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/04 at 5:12 pm

I went for don't care either way. It served it's purpose to show flesh during the daytime hours and that was enough for me. It took a longer glance than a quick flick of the remote control to the next channel. That was until Hasselhoff arrived on the scene.

Indy Gent, would you rather see Olive Oyl in a bikini, lol?  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/05/04 at 10:17 pm

BOOOOOOOOoooooo >:(

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/05/04 at 10:36 pm

Just exaggerating there, but I'd rather see her in a bikini than Bea Arthur or Betty White, whom I drempt one time in a Golden Girls episode thaat never existed (fortunately.) :-
Indy Gent, would you rather see Olive Oyl in a bikini, lol?  :D

Written By: tv on 05/08/04 at 10:37 pm

Baywatch...It was alright. I liked when Nicole Eggert was on it especially(she played that charcter Summer.) I didn't like that Character who had that Michael Bolton hairstyle going on. I thought his character was just flat out mean. It was a an alright show: nothing good, nothing bad: it was just an average show. About Pamela Lee I could leave or take her on that show.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/08/04 at 11:34 pm

Just exaggerating there, but I'd rather see her in a bikini than Bea Arthur or Betty White, whom I drempt one time in a Golden Girls episode thaat never existed (fortunately.) :-Thanks for the unsettling visual, IndyGent :P

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 12:01 pm

Just exaggerating there, but I'd rather see her in a bikini than Bea Arthur or Betty White, whom I drempt one time in a Golden Girls episode thaat never existed (fortunately.) :-[

Eugh! Lol.  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/20/04 at 1:38 pm

I've never watched it at all (not even 10 seconds of one episode), so I would have to say "don't care either way." :-X

Written By: ... on 05/20/04 at 2:00 pm

I've never watched it at all (not even 10 seconds of one episode), so I would have to say "don't care either way." :-X

Same here, Mr. Nally. I have watched it on occasion but it never appealed to me.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/20/04 at 4:12 pm

I used to watch it when it first aired but after the 2nd or 3rd season I stop watching it.

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/20/04 at 8:12 pm

Nothing special except the running on the beach scenes

Written By: Lanie on 05/20/04 at 8:42 pm

Don't care either way

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/21/04 at 7:11 am

One of the biggest loads of crap ever served up to our screens  ::)

Written By: TripsMom on 05/21/04 at 10:05 am

Don't really care either way. I liked it when it went to Hawai'i for the scenery.

Written By: Andydrew on 02/17/06 at 6:31 am

Everytime I saw the big letters spelling baywatch on the TV, i just went "pfft" or "aww not this stupid show", and changed the channel. I think my mum like it a bit.

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 10:55 am

In the first few seasons with Billy Warlock and Erika Eleniak, Baywatch was great and had some really good and interesting story lines.  I loved it.  But as the show progressed on and new cast members joined, it all became about hot bimbos in bathing suits, and it all went downhill from there.

What really killed Baywatch was the spin-off "Baywatch Nights".  Mitch Buchanan ... Lifeguard by day, Private Eye by night?  Give me a break  ::)

Here's some Baywatch Trivia ... The show's theme song I'll Be Ready was sung by Jimi Jamison, who was the lead singer of Survivor.  Even though the song never actually became a hit, it sure made Jamison lots of money.  In January of 2006, a dance version of the theme by a group called Sunblock  reached #4 on the UK singles chart

Click here to watch a clip of the video

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000CQJYZO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: gmann on 02/17/06 at 1:05 pm

I saw the pilot, but that was about it. I remember it chiefly because my older sister noticed Parker Steven (a.k.a. Frank Hardy of "The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries" fame) was in the cast at the time. After that, I don't believe I saw a complete episode.

Check for new replies or respond here...