inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90's Movies You are Associated with

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/04 at 8:24 pm

Is there anybody here who is associated with the location sets of any 90's movies?

I was watching the movie "Kingpins" tonight and sure enough, there is a scene in the beginning where Woody Harrelson is beat up after hustling some bowlers at a place called the "Beaver Valley Bowl".

There actually is a Beaver Valley Bowl !  It is a real dump, located right on the Ohio River in Rochester PA.  When I was in college (in 1975) I took a bowling course there.  I am a pretty good bowler (points wise) but my teacher kept complaining about my "form".  Anyway, the final exam consisted of a bowl-off, and I ended up bowling off against the teacher.  Towards the end of the match he started carping about my "form" again, so I turned around and said "Well if my form is so poor, why am I kicking your butt so bad today?".  ;D  He was speechless and I bowled a 250.  Heh heh...

Anybody else here have any coincidences with actual movie sets? 

Watching that movie brought back memories

Subject: Re: 90's Movies You are Associated with

Written By: Echo Nomad on 11/27/05 at 11:55 pm

Well there was a major motion picture called "1000 Acres" that really didn't make much of a splash.
It was being filmed in the neighboring town (Rochelle, Ill) and I auditioned for a part which I didn't get. My father did get a part as a baker but that part was taken out. However supposedly (I did watch it when it finally came out) out old station wagon did have a brief cameo. 

Subject: Re: 90's Movies You are Associated with

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 12:00 am

Two movies:

The 1999 HBO movie Vendetta starring Christopher Walken was filmed in part right here in my hometown on a section of street that has a small video store that I sometimes go into looking for Pre-viewed movies

Check for new replies or respond here...