inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oasis

Written By: Rush on 05/06/04 at 5:39 pm

I'm going with Definitely Maybe!!! All great songs on that album!

Subject: Re: Oasis

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/04 at 7:44 pm

I went with 'What's the story' merely because I haven't heard the other albums. The song 'She's Electric' is a great track.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 11:23 pm

I'm sorry, I can't stand them :-\\

Written By: Lanie on 05/07/04 at 12:15 am

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/08/04 at 9:47 am

I'm sorry, I can't stand them :-\\

I hate them as people and they can't sing (too whiney and too close to the Mike) but I like some of their songs.

Written By: mandamoo on 05/08/04 at 10:33 am

(What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Love every song ! :) 8) :)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/10/04 at 5:15 pm

Great songs but I have to be perfectly honest here.  I saw them live in concert.  The lead singer was a total a**.  He made the crowd wait an hour and a half before he would perform.  He would stop in between songs to smoke a cigarette and he would spit.  The pathetic guy was acting as if he were LARGER than life.  Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeze! ::)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/11/04 at 7:29 pm

I went with Whats the Story, cuz some of the songs are very sentimental to me..... :)

Rio

Written By: figwig on 01/02/05 at 8:42 pm

I went with Whats the Story, cuz some of the songs are very sentimental to me..... :)

Rio

Same here Don't look back in anger/i] just gets to me.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/05 at 9:34 pm

(What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Written By: Cyberpunk on 02/15/05 at 9:53 pm

Overrated. Nothing really outstanding about 'em apart from the singing. Hardly the greatest musicians or most innovative band you've ever seen. There were so many bands that were actually better than Oasis at the time. I simply didn't realise, due to my less mature taste (I thought they were the greatest band ever) and the incessant hype surrounding 'em. Other, better bands got overlooked, one of the most obvious being Radiohead (who now get some mainstream acclaim). Others such as The Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Massive Attack, Rage Against The Machine and Portishead hardly ever got talked about in the UK press comparitively.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/16/05 at 5:24 am

What about your favourite Oasis song? Mine would have to be 'Don't Look Back in Anger' followed closely by Champagne Supernova. Btw What's the story was the greatest album Oasis have made.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/16/05 at 9:47 am

'Don't Look Back in Anger'

Check for new replies or respond here...