inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the USA Network

Written By: 1992thousand on 05/07/04 at 8:53 am

they seemed like one of the few cable networks in the 90s that actually was trying to come up with some original content.

I remember at various times they had shows like The Net, La Femme Nikita, G vs E, Pacific Blue, Silk Stalkings, Duckman, Renegade, USA High, Weird Science, Big Easy, and they were the home of WWF Raw for a while too.

Subject: Re: the USA Network

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:00 am

they seemed like one of the few cable networks in the 90s that actually was trying to come up with some original content.

I remember at various times they had shows like The Net, La Femme Nikita, G vs E, Pacific Blue, Silk Stalkings, Duckman, Renegade, USA High, Weird Science, Big Easy, and they were the home of WWF Raw for a while too.
I like most of those show, 1992thousand :)

Written By: Howard on 05/07/04 at 11:48 am

The WWF had to move their wrestling station on USA to TNN a few years ago.That's what I remember.They felt TNN could suit hardcore lovers.

Howard

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/07/04 at 9:41 pm

I remember watching Weird Science, WWF Raw(before I decided it was too fake and lame), and especially Duckman.  They had a decent lineup of kids' shows too on Saturday mornings also.  *sings "All aboard the cartoon express..."*  Then it changed into Action Extreme Team, which played cartoon versions of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat(which was pretty lame), and also played Gargoyles for a while too.  After that, it went downhill and they decided to take it off.  In the 80s, when it was still Cartoon Express, they played cartoon versions of popular 80s games like QBert and PacMan... boy do I miss those days.

Buty I definitely watched Duckman!  When'll that come out to DVD?

Written By: Aubster on 02/02/05 at 7:30 pm

Do you remember  a show called happy hour w/ Ahmed and Dwezel Zappa (dunno how to spell) and a show called strip poker .. where they had seven million layers of clothes so theyd never get naked .. Both on the USA network im pretty sure

Written By: Howard on 02/02/05 at 7:45 pm

WWF might be moving back to USA Network when Spike TV's contract runs out.

Howard

Written By: woops on 02/02/05 at 11:35 pm

Do you remember  a show called happy hour w/ Ahmed and Dwezel Zappa (dunno how to spell) and a show called strip poker .. where they had seven million layers of clothes so theyd never get naked .. Both on the USA network im pretty sure

I remember "Happy Hour...", one of the few shows that had good musical guests like The Knack.  8)

I also liked "Weird Science" & "Duckman"

Written By: Jay3063 on 05/20/05 at 9:15 am

Anyone remember the name of the show on USA NETWORK where there was 4 teenagers in highschool that would fight off monsters? It was similar to Power Rangers, but the "master" was like a blob of goo and slim.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/22/05 at 8:18 pm

G vs E was a good show.

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/05 at 5:40 am

Sadly, I've never heard of most of the shows you listed.

But USA is a fine network. They show some good movies, and Law and Order quite frequently. And that's awesome in my book.

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/23/05 at 4:57 pm

Yup.. Raw & Smackdown look set to move back to The USA Network with a supershow every month or so on NBC. Wooo.. a return to the old Saturday Night Main Event..

Written By: Webstor on 05/26/05 at 6:57 pm

That is awesome!

I loved Saturday Night Main Event!!

WWF was on USA for many years before going to TNN/Spike....
They had had Monday Night Prime Time Wrestling, hosted by Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan
and they also had wrestling on sunday afternoons too.....

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/26/05 at 7:34 pm

That is awesome!

I loved Saturday Night Main Event!!

WWF was on USA for many years before going to TNN/Spike....
They had had Monday Night Prime Time Wrestling, hosted by Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan
and they also had wrestling on sunday afternoons too.....

Yup.. i think it's gonna be like once every two months, just as a special supershow.

Check for new replies or respond here...