inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Not Another Teen Show

Written By: 1992thousand on 05/07/04 at 9:05 am

Saved by the Bell. Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Beverly Hills 90201. yea, it started off innocently enough. but before you know it, for 10 years new shows just kept popping up, Califonia Dreams, Weird Science, Sweet Valley High, Student Bodies, Party of Five, Boy Meets World, USA High, Hangtime, City Guys, Sister Sister, Dawson's Creek, Popular, Thats 70's Show, Freaks and Geeks, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The 80's was all about the teen movie, but the 90's was all about the teen show!

Subject: Re: Not Another Teen Show

Written By: elodie on 05/07/04 at 12:01 pm

...don't forget all those bloody shows on network TV... TGIFriday... Full House, Family Matters, etc.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 12:15 pm

...don't forget all those bloody shows on network TV... TGIFriday... Full House, Family Matters, etc.
Damn....just when I thought I'd forgotten them. elodie :P ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 7:23 pm

Don't forget Buffy, Angel, and 7th Heaven on the WB, Salute Your Shorts, Hey, Dude, You Can't Do That On Television, and Fifteen on Nick, and The Wonder Years on ABC.
Saved by the Bell. Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Beverly Hills 90201. yea, it started off innocently enough. but before you know it, for 10 years new shows just kept popping up, Califonia Dreams, Weird Science, Sweet Valley High, Student Bodies, Party of Five, Boy Meets World, USA High, Hangtime, City Guys, Sister Sister, Dawson's Creek, Popular, Thats 70's Show, Freaks and Geeks, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The 80's was all about the teen movie, but the 90's was all about the teen show!

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/07/04 at 7:52 pm

>:( Why does everyone call Angel a teen show?  I actually don't see anything "teen" about Angel.  It was about a bunch of adults in LA who slayed demons, and it was in a dark atmospheric mood.  Buffy, OK to an extent it does seem like a teen show(though it was still real good), but Angel seemed more like NYPD Blue IMHO than 90210.  But if by teen show you mean a show that kicks so much @$$ that teens would actually watch it, then yeah it's a teen show.

Sorry, just bothers me.

Check for new replies or respond here...