inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ren & Stimpy

Written By: woops on 05/17/04 at 10:14 pm

IMO, The John K. era (1991/1993) has the best episodes like "Fire Dogs", "Robin Hoek", "Son of Stimpy", "Space Madness", etc.  :)

And a few from the 1993/1994 season.  :P

Subject: Re: Ren & Stimpy

Written By: Koop on 05/17/04 at 10:53 pm

Definitely the John K. era. (loved the ones you mentioned and also Sven Hoek)  After he left, it seemed like they were trying to be gross just for the sake of being gross. (if that makes sense)

Written By: Lanie on 05/18/04 at 3:28 am

John K. era (1991/1993) ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/18/04 at 11:15 am

It made me laugh at spots, but "No sir, I didn't like it."  ::)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/18/04 at 4:42 pm

I remember one time back in 1993 drinking with some friends in a hotel room.  It was a party and someone turned on the tv and there was REN & STIMPY.  It was an episode where they wanted to become professional wrestlers.  Mind you...my memory is a little blurred but the term "Ass Pliers" were in the whole skit.  LOL Haaaaaaaaaa ;D  We all laughed for the longest time.  In fact, I just shed a tear because it was so darn funny.  :\'(

Written By: mm13 on 05/19/04 at 1:42 pm

One of my favorites was when Ren and Stimpy were adopted by an old church lady, and got re-named "Stinky and Leviticus"

Written By: eddiescharmed1 on 07/29/04 at 12:56 am

OMG....I named my cat Stimpy :o...It was a good choice thought 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/29/04 at 1:52 am

Sorry, I didn't like it..I think it was in the wrong spot...Nickelodeon? come on that was an Adult cartoon in the whole sense of the phrase.

Tanya

Written By: bj26 on 07/29/04 at 10:57 am

First time I ever saw the show in about '95, it made me sick :o, but after I got over my nausea, I liked the show :).

Written By: figwig on 01/02/05 at 8:38 pm

John K Era Hands Down 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/05 at 9:33 pm

The John K. era (1991/1993).

Ren and Stimpy rules!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Written By: neebs25 on 01/03/05 at 11:22 am

I LOVE REN & STIMPY!!!
I wonder if they have it on dvd box sets anyone know?  That would go nicely next to my southpark collection.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/05 at 3:51 pm

Your in luck!!!!!!  :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002NY8XA/qid=1104789002/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-0037943-4988032?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Written By: woops on 01/03/05 at 4:12 pm

As for "Ren & Stimpy" being an adult cartoon, Looney Tunes also aired on Nickelodeon & they were originally intended for adults in the 1930's through the 1950's.

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/archive/index.php/t-1585.html

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 4:34 pm

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/russell/105/srasalogo1.gif

The John K era. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 5:08 pm

I don't know anything about the 'John K' era but I liked it. I remember watching one episode about Ren and Stimpy trying to sneak on some pig-faces that were left on the window-sill to cool so they could eat them - of course, a giant gorilla was on guard. It ended with Ren trying to distract the gorilla by using a female gorilla glove-puppet. This lead to the gorilla romancing the puppet, getting married to it and leaving you to imagine what he is doing to it in his kennel. Poor Ren is sprawled outside with his hand caught in the door!  ;D

Very surreal and I'm sure it had it's imitators (Cow and Chicken being one of them).

Written By: Chrisrj on 01/06/05 at 12:49 am

Speaking as an 11-15 year-old of its entire 90s run, I have to say:

I LOVED IT ALL.
(except the adult party series.)

I am so tired of all the comments about the later seasons of R&S.  Sure Nickelodeon booted John K off his own show(and that was rotten), but I still found the remaining seasons hilarious.  I'm not giving up something I loved simply because the majority says I have to, or at least acts like it. 

Written By: nally on 01/15/05 at 12:46 pm

I never watched it, so I can't vote. (There is no "Sorry, I never watched it" option.)

Written By: Useless on 01/17/05 at 4:55 pm

John K. era

Check for new replies or respond here...