inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst '90's 'Band'/Artist

Written By: woops on 05/19/04 at 12:05 am

My choice: All of the Above!!!

Subject: Re: Worst '90's 'Band'/Artist

Written By: Lanie on 05/19/04 at 11:16 pm

All of the Above :P

Written By: blackdog on 05/20/04 at 2:41 am

All of the Above :P

Same here, woops & sylence.  Although I do like Hootie out of the whole weird bunch.  I'm ashamed to say I have a relative who's a diehard Hanson groupie and follows them around the country.  (say what??)   haha...

Written By: Bobby on 05/20/04 at 3:16 am

I said 'All of the above' except Ace of Base. I like their poppy tunes - oh and I like 'Hold on' by Wilson Phillips. That's all.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/20/04 at 10:15 am

All of the above.

Written By: resinchaser on 05/20/04 at 2:25 pm

All of the above.

Except for Korn. I liked their debut album a lot.

Written By: Cheetara on 05/20/04 at 3:09 pm

Korn is a kickass band!  I saw them live twice...they rock!  (I personally don't think they should be on this list).

Worst of the 90s:  Hanson

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/20/04 at 4:08 pm

Everyone on list but Ricky Matin.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/04 at 7:47 pm

I couldn't go with AOTA because I like Jewel, Hootie and the Blowfish, and Paula Cole's "Where Have Alll The Cowboys Gone?". I went with Manson for the sole reason that he makes me violently ill.

Written By: AL-B on 05/21/04 at 9:05 pm

All except for Korn.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/04 at 4:55 pm

I went with all of the above except for Nelson.

Written By: Koop on 05/22/04 at 10:26 pm

I went with "all of the above" but I do like Korn.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/09/04 at 9:49 pm

All of the above minus Kid Rock! ;)  And I agree, Korn's debut album was great - wtf happened to them?  They went straight downhill after that... ???

Written By: resinchaser on 06/09/04 at 10:17 pm

All of the above minus Kid Rock! ;)  And I agree, Korn's debut album was great - wtf happened to them?  They went straight downhill after that... ???

Aren't you forgetting a band? I remember a while back you had mentioned that you loved Color Me Badd. Especially the guy with the curly hair who looks like Kenny G :D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/09/04 at 10:22 pm

Aren't you forgetting a band? I remember a while back you had mentioned that you loved Color Me Badd. Especially the guy with the curly hair who looks like Kenny G :D

Dammit, now everyone is gonna know my secret! ;D  Thanks a lot! ;)

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/10/04 at 11:13 am

All of the above! 

Written By: moonbaby345 on 06/11/04 at 1:53 am

Other ICP and Slipknot.Korn shouldn't be on that list.They had alot of great albums.I actually consider them one of the few good bands that came out off the 90's.

Written By: woops on 06/11/04 at 2:00 am

Other ICP and Slipknot.Korn shouldn't be on that list.They had alot of great albums.I actually consider them one of the few good bands that came out off the 90's.

I went with "all of the above" but I do like Korn.

All except for Korn.

Korn is a kickass band!  I saw them live twice...they rock!  (I personally don't think they should be on this list).

No offense, but Korn isn't my cup of tea, but I  like their video for "Freak On The Leash".  :)

This poll is mostly personal & popular choices of the "worst" of the '90's.

Plus, I happen to like one song from two of the artists listed.

Written By: Just visiting For now.. on 06/12/04 at 1:28 am

Marilyn Manson   

I find their music "annoying" to say the least (I about died when I heard their cover of "Sweet Dreams"-- :P ) But mostly I just find the band disgusting as a whole.  :(

Written By: My name is Kenny on 06/15/04 at 12:33 am

Marilyn Manson, Jewel, Korn, and Kid Rock are all capable of good music for brief periods of time.  This is not something I can grant of the other artists on there.  However, you missed the true horrors of the 90s, like 4 Non Blondes and Seven Mary Three.

Written By: CosmicPrincess on 06/15/04 at 12:40 am

My vote goes for Sean 'Puffy' Combs. Hands down. It was he who butchered countless 80s classics and turned them into unspeakable horrors and set the pace for other 'artists' to do the same.

Written By: moonbaby345 on 06/15/04 at 9:10 pm

Celine Dion...can you say "Alien"?

Lol.Yep she is one of the worst.

Written By: eightiesfan on 06/16/04 at 1:03 pm

Other - I was surprised Michael Bolton wasn't on this list; that's my pick, along with Tommy Page, who Full House wasted an episode on.  :P

Written By: Corky on 06/17/04 at 2:28 pm

I wanted to pick all of the above but I chose Backstreet boys/n'sync because I can't stand their songs and because I like some of the groups that is on the poll. I like 40's-70's music the best.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 06/19/04 at 6:14 pm

Definetly all of the above!!!! :P :P :P

Rio

Written By: mr.smith s on 06/19/04 at 6:26 pm

Limp Bizkit,  because i was once lured in then i found out that they sucked.

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 5:13 pm

Marilyn Manson

Written By: Chrisrj on 06/21/04 at 10:39 pm

I like many of these musicians well enough.  So I went for Color Me Badd(though I Adore Mi Amor was OK).

I don't get why people are so upset towards Hanson.  I'm quite proud of them.  In a time when some teens are able to shoot up their schools, these teens(and kid) were able to make their own music, and make it very well(I thought so).  More youth should make music, instead of the former, and people should support them.

Besides, you know they have a new album out, and the youngest Hanson(Zach on drums) is now 18? 

Written By: resinchaser on 06/22/04 at 12:56 am

Limp Bizkit,  because i was once lured in then i found out that they sucked.

We were all sucked in at one point. Although I did like "Three Dollar Bill Y'all".

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/27/04 at 5:20 pm

My vote went to Marilyn Manson.  I found (and find) them disgusting in general.  :P  So they are just my "top pick" for my least liked of the 90's.  But, there were quite a few for me.  :-[

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/30/04 at 12:01 pm

I don't get why people are so upset towards Hanson.  I'm quite proud of them.  In a time when some teens are able to shoot up their schools, these teens(and kid) were able to make their own music, and make it very well(I thought so).  More youth should make music, instead of the former, and people should support them.

Besides, you know they have a new album out, and the youngest Hanson(Zach on drums) is now 18? 

Well said, Ive always thought the same thing about them.  Granted some of their music isnt my thing, I still think they are wonderful for their accomplishments. 

Written By: Richie on 07/01/04 at 9:57 pm

They are all horrible. I guess Jewel is OK. With garbage like that, you can see why I'd be attracted to a nostalgic based site like this. That list is just depressing.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/23/04 at 11:42 pm

Every last one of them

Although Christina A. can sing!

Written By: chaka on 04/13/05 at 8:27 am

They're all awful :P
Terrible TERRIBLE!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 10:05 am

Other,  Micheal Bolton.  I love that scene in Office Space!  ;D

"Are you any relation to the pop singer?"
"Naw, it's just a coincidence. "
"Because I'll be honest with you! I love his music! I do! I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings 'When a Man Loves a Woman'. "  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/16/05 at 8:55 am

I dunno. I kinda hated them all. 1999 was a really bad year for music.
Baz Luhrmann, Spice Girls, Vengaboys, S Club 7 and Mr Oizo are just a few examples of what I mean. I think I wrote a parody about it...

Written By: Red Ant on 04/16/05 at 6:06 pm

Agree with most of the list except Korn. I have 3 of their CD's and while many are sub-par, I believe the video for " Freak On A Leash " got like 9 award nominations ( It was great ).

I shall keep this short since you didn't put much alternative up on that list. Had you mentioned Alice In Chains I probably would be typing a reply for 3 days ( and so many words would get censored it would be unreadable anyway ).  :)

Written By: nally on 04/21/05 at 11:55 am

Any of the hip hop or punk bands/artists from the latter half of the decade. There are some artists on the list who I actually like, and others who I can tolerate, but very few who I just can't stand.

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/21/05 at 8:50 pm

Michael Bolton, I don't even remember him. Except for a sketch from "In Living Color"...  ;D  :D

I've always thought he was from the '80's.  Though he's the worst artist of any era.  :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/21/05 at 9:35 pm

Michael Bolton, I don't even remember him. Except for a sketch from "In Living Color"...  ;D  :D

I've always thought he was from the '80's.  Though he's the worst artist of any era.  :P

You read my mind...  ::)

Written By: Sonja on 08/28/05 at 7:46 pm

I wouldn't consider Jewel to be one of the worst artists of the 90's, infact I am rather fond of her music. I think she may be a bit unique for some people, but that's what I like about her. I can see how many people would not like her. In many ways she is more of a poet than a musician. I guess she just went out there and did her own thing.

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/05 at 11:55 pm

I really hated Marilyn MAnson, but I voted for Paula Cole.  Her armpit hair creeps me out  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/25/05 at 11:57 pm

I really hated Marilyn MAnson, but I voted for Paula Cole.  Her armpit hair creeps me out  ;D

Me too...  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/25/05 at 11:59 pm

Me too...  ;D

She was like the Nena of the 90's.  Both proud of their pit hair  ::)

"99 fresh armpit hairs.  Grossing out the whole wide world"  ;D

Written By: TarzSp on 10/26/05 at 1:05 am

I don't see how anyone can say Marilyn Manson was the worst, he had Great Songs in the 90's ("Sweet Dreams" and "Beautiful People" to name a couple)

I would definately have to say that it's a tie between Kid Rock and Hootie & The Blowfish

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/28/05 at 5:13 pm

2 for me was color me badd ( they were lame) and hanson

Written By: Morton on 10/28/05 at 6:08 pm

I couldn't find one artist on the list I liked enough, so 'All Of The Above' it was!

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/29/05 at 10:56 am

I forgot a another it was tag team with there stupid whoop there it is song god it was so stupid and I remember 4 non blondes that lead singer creeps me out and what ever happend to S club 7 they had a hit show on fox/ABC family show

Written By: woops on 10/29/05 at 6:34 pm

The Party, just remembered them... thought The Disney Circle of Stars were bad...

Written By: TarzSp on 10/29/05 at 8:01 pm

Another one I thought of, Toad The Wet Sprocket, I can't stand them

Subject: Worst '90's 'Band'/Artist

Written By: Dude111 on 02/27/18 at 8:46 pm

Maylin Manson is the worst on that list!

Check for new replies or respond here...