inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the 90s revisited a la fashion today

Written By: grrregpower on 05/21/04 at 12:29 pm

i went to yellow rat bastard in the village here in New York, and I couldn't believe my eyes..it was like shopping ten years ago...i swear they kept all the stuff from then in boxes and just decided to reopen them now, complete with movie posters from 95.
yeah the t shirt age returns...but then i feel bad because the 00 crowd is so deprived of anything their own...oh freakin well!!! ;D
how many revamps have you seen on the streets?

Subject: Re: the 90s revisited a la fashion today

Written By: KatyL on 03/02/05 at 5:06 pm

Have you seen all the plaid shirts around? And the ripped jeans?!!!

And the long skirts and grungy sweaters?

Spooky...

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/02/05 at 5:29 pm

I'm Back in style then...

I have always worn Blue Jeans and Plaid shirts. It's all these people following my trends obviously. Now if they would just stop selling underwear...

Written By: Howard on 03/02/05 at 5:30 pm

baggy pants
big hair
afros

Howard

Written By: 90s boy on 03/02/05 at 5:31 pm

lol im starting to see some people were baggie pants again

Written By: 1992thousand on 03/03/05 at 9:28 am

sure, in the 90s we had a lot of remakes, but it is just crazy now, i see people wearing the 90s, 80s, 70s, and 60s,  sometimes even two or more decades at once! But at least the late 70s Disco style lost steam after the late 90s.

Written By: Kyle on 03/03/05 at 6:40 pm

I see some of the 50's (half-way buttoned down plaid shirts), 60's (miniskirts), 70's (longer hair on girls, plastered down hair on guys), and the 90's (baggy pants, grungy-clothes, Backstreet Boiez like outfits).  When will we ever think of something original.  Try this; wear your hat inside out and come to school with your pajama's on!!  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/05 at 11:16 pm

i see the vintage tee's a lot...and the izod lacoste shirts are totally back!!!!

Erin :)

Written By: Kyle on 03/04/05 at 6:23 pm

???

What are "vintage tee's"?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 8:52 pm

???

What are "vintage tee's"?

well....t-shirts that were made/popular in the 70's and 80's.....around where I live...the "thing" is to find vintage t-shirts and sport them proudly (example: old band/tour shirts, old sport team shirts, shirts depicting food/candy/items from the 70's-80's)...here's a good example...my sister (who is 17) proudly wears a tight little t-shirt that says, "I had my birthday party at McDonalds"....it was from the late 80's...that's what I mean by vintage tees.  The reason I know so much about them is that I had a little business on Ebay (which I am taking a short break from).....where I sold a lot of vintage/retro stuff.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/04/05 at 11:14 pm

i see the vintage tee's a lot...and the izod lacoste shirts are totally back!!!!

I have a couple of Izod shirts, I dont know if they are "lacoste" though. Describe them.. ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 11:35 pm

I have a couple of Izod shirts, I dont know if they are "lacoste" though. Describe them.. ???

here's a pic

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 11:40 pm

polo type shirts with the little alligator on the pocket

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/04/05 at 11:42 pm

Ah, I don't have one. Mine is a "polo type", but they are both striped. One is yellow and light blue, and light blue and dark blue.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 11:43 pm

Ah, I don't have one. Mine is a "polo type", but they are both striped. One is yellow and light blue, and light blue and dark blue.

i have a s**tload of them because I sell them on Ebay!

Check for new replies or respond here...