inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bill Clinton and Judge Judy

Written By: erica on 06/03/04 at 3:52 pm

I'm making a early 90's nostalgic collage for my friend. we always joke about how i love the 90's, so i its gonna be a funny gift for her. so im putting pics of tv shows, movies, music- but does anyone have any other ideas of what i could put on it? i want to use things that were just popular in the 90's, not really things that passed on to today. so for example, i wouldnt really use a pic of "Friends" because although it did start in the 90's, its a show that was on in this decade.

so im looking for anything, also if you could post links of pictures of toys from the early 90's- for some reason i cant really find them. especially pics of that toy quintuplets- i remember everyone had them!!

TIA!

Subject: Re: Bill Clinton and Judge Judy

Written By: Hairspray on 06/04/04 at 3:09 pm

I'm making a early 90's nostalgic collage for my friend. we always joke about how i love the 90's, so i its gonna be a funny gift for her. so im putting pics of tv shows, movies, music- but does anyone have any other ideas of what i could put on it? i want to use things that were just popular in the 90's, not really things that passed on to today. so for example, i wouldnt really use a pic of "Friends" because although it did start in the 90's, its a show that was on in this decade.

so im looking for anything, also if you could post links of pictures of toys from the early 90's- for some reason i cant really find them. especially pics of that toy quintuplets- i remember everyone had them!!

TIA!

Clearly Canadian Sparkling Flavored Water

Micro Magic:

Micro Magic Microwave Milkshakes
Back when microwaves were just starting to become standard equipment in kitchens, the microwave-ready food selection wasn't that great. (Nowadays it's weird to think of a frozen food that isn't microwaveable.) One of the first foodstuffs I remember having in the microwave was a brand called Micro Magic.

They started with the simple, humble french fry. You'd get a three-pack of small boxes with a fair serving of crinkle-cut fries in each. Made sense, since it came from Simplot, the largest potato food manufacturer on earth. But then they expanded into sandwiches (burgers, chicken sandwiches) and - something I had totally forgotten about - milkshakes.

That's right! They were sold in two-packs, and were frozen ice cold. After a good 30 seconds or so in the microwave, and a little stirring, you had a milkshake. It's not that milkshakes are really difficult to make, or anything, but this was whiz-bang new technology!

Were the foods any good? Well, as good as microwave fries, burgers, and milkshakes sound, frankly. There aren't any big sites talking about Micro Magic anymore, and a decent Google search brings back a few stray memories... nothing more.

I have no pics, just ideas.

Subject: Re: Bill Clinton and Judge Judy

Written By: Howard on 06/04/04 at 8:16 pm

I definitely remember Micromagic Burgers and Fries.I loved the crinkle cuts.Those were delicious.I wasn't too crazy about the cheeseburgers. :P

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...