inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember the "Baseball Strike" from the 1990's

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/09/04 at 10:31 am

Does anyone remember the "Baseball Strike" from the early 1990's, I believe it was
1994, How exactly did it end?

Subject: Re: Anyone remember the "Baseball Strike" from the 1990's

Written By: nally on 06/09/04 at 4:04 pm

Yes, I remember it very well. I know it happened in the mid-90s; in fact, it began in August 1994 and lasted for eight months. The postseason was cancelled (including the World Series :( ), and the 1995 regular season began a few weeks late due to the strike. I don't remember how it all ended/was resolved/etc.; I just know that I was disappointed by it.

Written By: resinchaser on 06/09/04 at 11:23 pm

Of course I remember it. My team was the hottest team in baseball, with the best record >:(

Written By: nally on 06/10/04 at 11:35 am

Of course I remember it. My team was the hottest team in baseball, with the best record >:(

Yeah, the Expos were doing really well that year, as I recall.

Amazingly, all four teams in the American League West division had losing records at the time of the strike, with the Rangers leading the division with a record of 52-62! :D Anyone remember that?

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/30/05 at 5:55 pm

Yeah, the Expos were doing really well that year, as I recall.

Amazingly, all four teams in the American League West division had losing records at the time of the strike, with the Rangers leading the division with a record of 52-62! :D Anyone remember that?
yea the expos were the best team in MLB in 1994 before and after the strike end and it was about to start the horriable baseball network agreement (check your search engine for that) ABC was going to have the world series that year

Written By: nally on 10/30/05 at 8:33 pm

yea the expos were the best team in MLB in 1994 before and after the strike end and it was about to start the horriable baseball network agreement (check your search engine for that) ABC was going to have the world series that year

Yeah I remember it bounced around from network to network; I think FOX network has been showing it every year since 1995.

Written By: chiefyamick on 11/01/05 at 7:14 pm

Ever since the strike I've pretty much lost respect for alot of professional sports. I can honestly say that I have only been to two baseball games since the strike, and that was only because they were giving the tix away at work!!  :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/01/05 at 9:44 pm

I am not a big baseball fan as much because of the strike...  ::)

Written By: nally on 11/01/05 at 11:19 pm

Ever since the strike I've pretty much lost respect for alot of professional sports. I can honestly say that I have only been to two baseball games since the strike, and that was only because they were giving the tix away at work!! :P

I've been to only two Dodger games since the 1994-95 strike. The first one was on August 2, 1996; the Dodgers beat the Atlanta Braves...after that I didn't go again until July 27, 2005; the Dodgers lost to the Cincinnati Reds 7-6 after blowing an early lead.

Check for new replies or respond here...