inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Topsy and tim?

Written By: Stompgal on 06/09/04 at 3:23 pm

I used to read the books and play with the toys. I even used to have a T and T video where they went swimming, to the doctor's, went on holiday, visited a fire station and had a birthday party. You can find out more about the twins at www.ladybird.co.uk.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Topsy and tim?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/04 at 3:50 pm

No, but I remember the Topsy Tail.  The Topsy Tail was a $0.03 piece of plastic that was sold on TV for $19.95 to help women braid their own hair.

Why can't I ever come up with a scam that good?  ???  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/09/04 at 5:35 pm

I remember Topsy and Tim, Stompgal. The books used to have imagitive titles like 'Topsy and Tim go to shops' or 'Topsy and Tim go to the park'. Along with the Peter and Jane books (showing me age now) and the Meg and Mog books about a witch and her cat.

Other books I used to read at infants school include Miffy, The Hungry Caterpillar and Gumdrop, which was about an old vintage car.

Aaah! To go back again.  ::)

Written By: Stompgal on 06/10/04 at 8:47 am

Yeah, Miffy was cool, and she was even around when my parents were little.

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 4:49 pm

Never heard of it

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/04 at 4:53 pm

Never heard of it

They were characters based on children's books. They were probably more of a British thing . . .

Written By: karen on 06/11/04 at 6:56 am

I used to read the books and play with the toys. I even used to have a T and T video where they went swimming, to the doctor's, went on holiday, visited a fire station and had a birthday party. You can find out more about the twins at www.ladybird.co.uk.

My daughter has one Topsy and Tim book.  It's about starting school.  The also have them at the nursery my son goes to.  There's even a version called something like Topsy and Tim have head lice  :o

Ladybird books used to be printed in Loughborough, where I live.  I knew some of the girls who appeared on the front of The Brownies book.

Check for new replies or respond here...