inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite "Saved By The Bell" character

Written By: nally on 06/15/04 at 10:21 am

I vote for "all of the above". :)

Subject: Re: Favorite "Saved By The Bell" character

Written By: Harmonica on 06/15/04 at 11:41 am

Oh I can't just vote for one I'd have to vote for them all.

Zach was cool because he was so smooth with the ladie. He tried to be the popular one a lot, but in the end would do what's right even if it wasn't the Popular thing to do. Track star too. Whenever he did something wrong he felt bad about it and would correct it.

Slater was cool because he was the tough one. The captain of the Football and Wrestling Team. He was the one that would rile up the crowd. He'd get people to do the right thing. He stood up for his friends.

Screech was cool because he provided the simple mind, the kid inside the teenager. He's the one that provided the comedy. and how could you not respect a man that refused to give up at getting the girl of his dreams. Never did but he never gave up on Lisa.

Kelly was cool because she was hot. She was the one that was always so preppy and nicey nice.

Jessie was cool because she was hotter than kelly in my opinion anyway. She was the smart one. The one that stood up for things and wouldn't be backed down.

Lisa was cool because she was the all that girl. She was the shopper, the I'm cool and I know it type. Yet she cared for her friends and would help them out.

Torri if you consider her part of the gang was cool because she was tough. She wasn't all girly girly and was a girl that a guy could at least attempt to understand.

Violet if you consider her part of the gang was cool because she was sympathetic and their was actually somebody that liked screech.

Mr. Belding was cool because he was a principal that cared a lot for his kids. He has a special relationship with the "gang" and proved to truly do what's best for his kids.

All of the characters had values and characteristics that were good for Teenage kids and anyone else who watched the show to base images upon.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/04 at 12:23 pm

I gotta go with Jessie  :-* on this one.

Man, she was hot.  I wish I had a VCR back then to record the episodes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/04 at 1:07 pm

Even though I like them all, I went with Slater-can you say, "YUM"?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Koop on 06/15/04 at 2:24 pm

Screech was always my favorite.  :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/04 at 2:58 pm

Even though I like them all, I went with Slater-can you say, "YUM"?  ;)

Cat

As of late, Mario Lopez, who played the role of "Slater" is a complete, I mean TOTAL w-a-n-k-e-r.

I mean, he marries the ultra-hot Ali Landry and immediately starts cheating on her.  She found out that he cheated on her the night before the wedding.  >:(

She's now filed for an annullment.  :P

This guy has got to be a closet case.  Who cheats when you have an Ali Landry waiting for you at home?  Knucklehead.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/15/04 at 4:16 pm

http://www.bugkid.com/savedbythebell/pictures/011.jpg

Screech Powers

Howard

Written By: Howard on 06/15/04 at 4:18 pm

Screech was cool because he provided the simple mind, the kid inside the teenager. He's the one that provided the comedy. and how could you not respect a man that refused to give up at getting the girl of his dreams. Never did but he never gave up on Lisa.

He never got to make out with Lisa cause Lisa thought he was a dork. ;D

Howard

Written By: Harmonica on 06/15/04 at 7:15 pm

Howard - Yeah I knew that

Mario Lopez was not only a wrestler on the show but a wrestler in real life too! Took 7th Place in the California State Wrestling Championships his Senior year!

Too bad about his love relationship, his own damn fault, but too bad. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/15/04 at 10:08 pm

Kelly...who evolved to "Val" on 90210

to a GREAT show that should still be on the air....."Fastlane" where she played Billie Chambers....

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/16/04 at 8:06 am

I'm going with Lisa because I loved when she'd say:  "Arrivederci, Dorky" to Screech.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/16/04 at 8:08 am

Zack.  Even though he is much younger than me, I always thought he was a little hottie ;)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 06/20/04 at 4:02 pm

All of the above

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 06/20/04 at 4:22 pm

http://www.bugkid.com/savedbythebell/pictures/011.jpg

Screech Powers

Howard

Man I always felt sorry for that guy.  He was about 2 or 3 years younger then everyone else, and he was playing "the geeky kid". 

They did an E! Hollywood True story on that show, and it was revealed that in real life, the actor Dustin Diamond was left out of a lot of the stuff the other kids were doing.  So he spent a lot of his time alone and by himself. 

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 5:07 pm

All of the above

Written By: goldie on 06/20/04 at 7:39 pm

Slater

Written By: Harmonica on 06/20/04 at 10:07 pm

Man I always felt sorry for that guy.  He was about 2 or 3 years younger then everyone else, and he was playing "the geeky kid". 

They did an E! Hollywood True story on that show, and it was revealed that in real life, the actor Dustin Diamond was left out of a lot of the stuff the other kids were doing.  So he spent a lot of his time alone and by himself.   

Did  the guys not like him or what? Was Mario Lopez, Mark Paul Gossler(whatever) Elizabeth Berkley, Tiffany Amber Theisen, Lark Vorhees, and the rest against him?

Written By: ... on 06/22/04 at 10:25 am

That's right; he was born in 1977, while the other five kids were born between 1972 and 1974. So that means D.D. was only 12 when the series premiered in 1989. Not that that means anything though...

Written By: Howard on 12/28/04 at 4:15 pm

Zack Morris was also my favorite.He sometimes got the girls. ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/28/04 at 6:24 pm

Though I was too cool to watch it regularly :D , I voted for Lisa!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/28/04 at 6:32 pm

Mr.Belding was another one of my favorites. ;D

Howard

Written By: McDonald on 12/28/04 at 9:53 pm

Kelly...who evolved to "Val" on 90210

to a GREAT show that should still be on the air....."Fastlane" where she played Billie Chambers....

http://crazykelvin.virtualave.net/wklythght/sep02/fastlane.jpg

She was great on 90210. Her best character ever.

Written By: kairi747 on 12/29/04 at 10:25 am

how many times did those characters graduate anyway?  they graduated the origianl 6 - zack, slator, screech, kelly, jessie and lisa and then, hey look!  they're back for another senior year without kelly and jessie, but now they have tori.  what was up with that story line?!

Written By: kairi747 on 12/29/04 at 10:26 am

i had heard that dustin diamond is the brother of one of the beastie boys.  is that true?

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 4:19 pm

how many times did those characters graduate anyway?  they graduated the origianl 6 - zack, slator, screech, kelly, jessie and lisa and then, hey look!  they're back for another senior year without kelly and jessie, but now they have tori.  what was up with that story line?!

2 times.High School and In The Senior Years.

Tori started out as a chick biker and wound up on the show in later episodes as Zack's girlfriend-to be.

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/30/04 at 12:35 am

2 times.High School and In The Senior Years.

Tori started out as a chick biker and wound up on the show in later episodes as Zack's girlfriend-to be.

Howard

The graduation episode was filmed before the Tori episodes, but was supposed to have taken place chronologically after them, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

The Senior Years...do you mean the College Years? ???

Written By: kairi747 on 12/30/04 at 4:15 pm

The graduation episode was filmed before the Tori episodes, but was supposed to have taken place chronologically after them, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

The Senior Years...do you mean the College Years? ???

Well, you see. that's why it didn't make sense.  The six main characters graduated and the following season four of them came back to graduate again with Tori.

Written By: nally on 12/30/04 at 11:27 pm

Well, you see. that's why it didn't make sense.  The six main characters graduated and the following season four of them came back to graduate again with Tori.

But the graduation episode didn't have Tori in it. The six main students graduated; like I said, that episode was filmed before the Tori series. They saved the graduation episode to air after the Tori run.

Written By: ... on 01/01/05 at 4:38 pm

i had heard that dustin diamond is the brother of one of the beastie boys.  is that true?

If he was, it would be Mike D, since the D stands for Diamond. I don't know if they're even related, though. :-\\

Written By: kairi747 on 01/01/05 at 7:22 pm

If he was, it would be Mike D, since the D stands for Diamond. I don't know if they're even related, though. :-\\

Just checked a site for myself.  They are not related.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 7:33 pm

I kinda liked the College Years episodes But, I wasn't too crazy about The New Class. :P

Howard

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/05 at 4:34 pm

Kelly Kapowski  :-*

Written By: robby76 on 11/23/05 at 11:12 pm

I loved Lisa and she's leading the poll too! Who'd have thought? She was the funniest and the sassiest.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 11/30/05 at 10:35 am

Man I always felt sorry for that guy.

Written By: Satish on 12/01/05 at 10:34 am

What about the characters from the junior high years, when they were still in the 8th grade, like Ms. Bliss, Mikey and Nikki? I kind of like Nikki, cause she had a social conscience.

Written By: STAR70 on 12/01/05 at 5:15 pm

Lark Voorhies

Written By: woops on 12/02/05 at 12:49 am

In 2005, Zack turned into a 13 year old and discovered to have a twin brother named Cody who lives at a hotel with their lounge singing mom...  ::)

Nevermind...  :P

The show was OK, though I  find it very  unwatchable now, IMHO

...maybe that's just me

They had their moments...

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/05/05 at 12:50 pm

What about the characters from the junior high years, when they were still in the 8th grade, like Ms. Bliss, Mikey and Nikki? I kind of like Nikki, cause she had a social conscience.
when they went to high school they didn't even metioned miss bliss,mikey and nikki

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/06/05 at 7:09 am

I loved Lisa and she's leading the poll too! Who'd have thought? She was the funniest and the sassiest.

You know what, I always thought Lisa Turtle was the prettiest girl on this show.  But back in the day everyone was drooling over Kelly, I hate to say this but probably because Kelly is White and Lisa is a Black girl. 

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/06/05 at 7:11 am

That's right; he was born in 1977, while the other five kids were born between 1972 and 1974. So that means D.D. was only 12 when the series premiered in 1989. Not that that means anything though...

That makes a huge difference.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/07/05 at 12:28 am

I thought they were all likable in a sense, but I chose the uptight "Jessie"

I just thought she was kinda funny at what a prude she was and sort of the downer in the group.

Written By: spaceace on 01/24/06 at 12:21 pm

I always liked Torri. (Wasn't she played by a set of triplets? Or am I thinking of something else?)  Screech was cool. (Anyone remember the episode involving selling Screeches "secret" spagetti sauce? :)

Written By: McDonald on 01/24/06 at 1:10 pm

Oh I can't just vote for one I'd have to vote for them all.

Zach was cool because he was so smooth with the ladie. He tried to be the popular one a lot, but in the end would do what's right even if it wasn't the Popular thing to do. Track star too. Whenever he did something wrong he felt bad about it and would correct it.

Slater was cool because he was the tough one. The captain of the Football and Wrestling Team. He was the one that would rile up the crowd. He'd get people to do the right thing. He stood up for his friends.

Kelly was cool because she was hot. She was the one that was always so preppy and nicey nice.

Jessie was cool because she was hotter than kelly in my opinion anyway. She was the smart one. The one that stood up for things and wouldn't be backed down.

Lisa was cool because she was the all that girl. She was the shopper, the I'm cool and I know it type. Yet she cared for her friends and would help them out.

Torri if you consider her part of the gang was cool because she was tough. She wasn't all girly girly and was a girl that a guy could at least attempt to understand.

Violet if you consider her part of the gang was cool because she was sympathetic and their was actually somebody that liked screech.

Mr. Belding was cool because he was a principal that cared a lot for his kids. He has a special relationship with the "gang" and proved to truly do what's best for his kids.

All of the characters had values and characteristics that were good for Teenage kids and anyone else who watched the show to base images upon.

Harmonica! I'm impressed with your analysis, honestly. You were spot on for all of them. Good show.

Written By: JDeeOfV on 01/24/06 at 2:08 pm

i picked screech, though if i could take anyone from the whole SBTB universe, i like Mikey in Good morning, Miss Bliss and Katie in SBTB: The new class.

Written By: Andydrew on 02/19/06 at 12:16 am

I voted lisa, I thought she was the funniest and most obbsesive one.  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/26/06 at 2:59 pm

i picked screech, though if i could take anyone from the whole SBTB universe, i like Mikey in Good morning, Miss Bliss and Katie in SBTB: The new class.

Hey, that's fine. I happened to like SBTB (simply titled) the best.

Written By: KKay on 12/26/06 at 3:04 pm

I watched it just for Lisa and I think she could have had a spinoff.  She was funny!

Written By: nally on 07/22/08 at 10:28 pm

Screech was cool. (Anyone remember the episode involving selling Screeches "secret" spagetti sauce?)

Why yes! Soleil Moon Frye (of Punky Brewster fame) made a special guest appearance in that episode as a snobbish girl (named Robin) who was attracted to Screech when his pasta sauce became a huge seller. He used the sales profits to buy her all kinds of fancy jewelry...but then had to take it all back because the gang was in debt.

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/08 at 12:15 am

How about Weasel Weizel? :D

Written By: robby76 on 07/23/08 at 3:17 am

How about Weasel Weizel? :D

Sounds familiar. Was that someone's alter-ego? My mind needs refreshing.

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/08 at 9:05 am

Sounds familiar. Was that someone's alter-ego? My mind needs refreshing.

He was a character similar to Screech in Season 1 (only) of 'Saved By the Bell - The New Class'

Written By: tv on 07/23/08 at 9:15 am

"Kelly" of course because she was hot and she was a cheerleader.

Somebody mentioned "Tori" I swear she's in some kind of TV commercial now(a car insurance commercial I think.)

Written By: tv on 07/23/08 at 9:22 am

I watched it just for Lisa and I think she could have had a spinoff.  She was funny!
Lisa(named Lark Vorhees) in real life made a guest appearence on "The Fresh Prince" as Carlton's ex-girlfriend played by Alfonso Ribiero. In a weird twist she would would play Alfonso's Ribiero's wife on LL Cool J's sitcom "In The House".  On "In The House" Lark Vorhees character was named "Mercedes" and Alfonso Ribiero's character was named "Max".

Written By: Bobby on 07/23/08 at 5:14 pm

I chose Zack but, for some inexplicable reason, I fancied Jessie when I was younger - must have been something about intellectual bossiness that attracted me at the time.  ;D

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 07/24/08 at 1:56 pm

I like kelly she was hot but jesse she was the prissy one of the show

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/08 at 8:04 pm

I like kelly she was hot but jesse she was the prissy one of the show

It seems ironic Jessie being prissy as the actress Elizabeth Berkley went on to star in the film 'Showgirls'.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/08 at 8:05 pm

Jesse was hot.  Prissy, mean, cold or not, I'm sure any man would agree that she would not disappoint in the bedroom LOL

Written By: Bobby on 07/25/08 at 8:11 pm

Jesse was hot.  Prissy, mean, cold or not, I'm sure any man would agree that she would not disappoint in the bedroom LOL

She seems to have changed a bit since 'Saved by the bell' . . . Not for the bad but I had trouble recognising her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Berkley

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/08 at 8:48 pm

She seems to have changed a bit since 'Saved by the bell' . . . Not for the bad but I had trouble recognising her.

She has aged a bit yes.  In some photos I've seen of her, she soemtimes looks older than she actually is, but still sexy

Written By: nally on 07/26/08 at 1:28 am

She has aged a bit yes.  In some photos I've seen of her, she soemtimes looks older than she actually is, but still sexy

Who, Elizabeth Berkley? Yeah, she does still look good. She recently appeared on an episode of "The View" earlier this year. She'll be 36 on Monday, btw.

Written By: Bobby on 07/28/08 at 4:44 pm

To quote Lyricboy: 'I'd still party with her'.  ;D

Written By: Haman on 08/22/08 at 4:21 am

I voted for Screech. I think he was a lovely freak!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/08 at 11:35 pm

wtf? I think she's had one too many plastic surgeries. ::) :-\\

I voted for Lisa.

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/08 at 3:59 pm

wtf? I think she's had one too many plastic surgeries. ::) :-\\

I voted for Lisa.

I think she has dabbled with the surgeon's knife as her cheeks seem to be well crafted.

Written By: woops on 08/24/08 at 3:45 pm

I didn't even know Tori Spelling once played Screech's girlfriend

Wonder if they were a real couple...  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...