inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dawsons Creek

Written By: Mayleneo on 07/23/04 at 7:41 pm

OK,

So I'm having this weird moment. I just got a DVR with my cable , ( which is like a fake Tivo thing) and i can record all these shows when I'm not ordinarily home.  So I recorded Dawson's Creek, and now strange feeling....I'm incredibly hooked to these whining kids.... The strangest thing is that I never thought once ever ever to watch that show when it was on the air ( In came out when I was in college). And now that TNT has it on twice a day and I can record it while I'm at work, I'm obsesses with this...like....ahem...crap...but addicting show. I noticed a few things about this show that I was wondering if anybody else had any insight on. Thanx...

OK

1-- Do high school kids really talk like this?? granted in the last seasons they go to college, but these were like  little high school kids with vocabulary better than most 40 year olds i know.

2-- OK , is it just me but is their little friendship group somehow disturbingly, sort of like incestuous,,,beings that they all seem to have dated and f*&$ed eachother in some fashion at different times.

3- And did every WB show have some sort of girl angsts for some guy , that they eventually date and break up and date again, break up just to keep some drama in it for seasons and season..

(FX: Joey and Dawson....Felicity and Ben Etc...)

Maybe this seems lame a 26 year old spending too much time about Dawson's Creek, but anybody that has anything to post, please do, I'm curious.

Do I have to be alone in my lameness??:) LOL  :D

Subject: Re: Dawsons Creek

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 4:32 pm

i totally agree!! I never watched this show when it originally aired, but now I do catch an episode or two now and then....but it's soooo true!!!! They are always analyzing and reanalyzing every little inch of their lives....it's like...SHUT UP!!! I don't know who is more annoying on that show either...they are all pretty nauseating!!!

LOL!!

Erin  :o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 5:01 pm

Dawson became kind of a jerk after dumping Joey, eventually Joey dated Pacey.

At times I thought that show should been renamed "Pacey's Creek".  ::)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/01/05 at 5:07 pm

I like the show, I watched it pretty religiously when it was on the air..now I catch reruns in the morning sometimes but I have seen them all so its kinda boring.

"Felicity" was a favorite of mine that went off the air also...man I loved that show  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/01/05 at 5:34 pm

I like the show, I watched it pretty religiously when it was on the air..now I catch reruns in the morning sometimes but I have seen them all so its kinda boring.

"Felicity" was a favorite of mine that went off the air also...man I loved that show  :(

Wasn't there a "hair contraversy" with Felicity?  ::)  ;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/01/05 at 9:55 pm

Wasn't there a "hair contraversy" with Felicity?  ::)  ;D

Yes, after she cut her hair the ratings went down, so she grew it back out.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/01/05 at 9:56 pm

it looked awful cut short...I always loved her long locks!!!

Erin :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/26/05 at 9:32 pm

UG...today I caught that episode where Joey and Dawson have sex...and Dawson was dating some other girl at the same time....Grrr...everytime I turn that show on..it seems to be THAT episode!....SO much drama in that show!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/05 at 11:14 am

I saw the last episode today (this is the first time I have ever seen it), where Jen dies....that was SOOO sad! :\'(

Erin

Written By: jaypunkchick1 on 08/18/05 at 11:46 pm

i always wanted dawson and joey to stay together

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/18/05 at 11:48 pm

ya, I thought that they would end up together in the end...but I was wrong.

Check for new replies or respond here...