inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can someone please help with name of cartoon?

Written By: Krista on 07/30/04 at 12:28 am

In the 90's, there was a cartoon with a superhero dog who wore a paper bag because he was so ugly. To vanquish enemies, he would remove the bag. You never saw his face (like the villain in Inspector Gadget!) Does anyone know the name, please? 

Subject: Re: Can someone please help with name of cartoon?

Written By: Hairspray on 07/30/04 at 1:16 pm

"Mighty Man and Yukk"-The adventures of a thimble-sized superhero named Mighty and the ugliest dog in the world, Yukk. - (1979-80)

http://www.psnw.com/~michaela/mightymanyukk.JPG

Written By: bj26 on 07/30/04 at 1:17 pm

Could it have been Courage the Cowardly Dog :-\\

Written By: Hairspray on 07/30/04 at 1:57 pm

I don't think it is because I believe Courage the Cowardly Dog's face was always exposed. He is an ugly mutt though. :P The whole cartoon's ugly, IMO.

Anyway, I wondered if I was wrong about my guess because the original poster mentioned a bag covering the head, as opposed to a house; but sometimes memory can be a little fuzzy. We'll just have to wait and see.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/04 at 8:59 pm

I remember Yukk always revealed himself by removing his dog house and scaring the bad guys away.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...