inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MTV Unplugged

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/04/04 at 8:05 am

If you ever watched MTV Unplugged in the 90's, who was your favorite artist to perform on there?  For me, it would have to be Nirvana's appearance, hands down.

Subject: Re: MTV Unplugged

Written By: bj26 on 08/04/04 at 11:11 am

If you ever watched MTV Unplugged in the 90's, who was your favorite artist to perform on there?  For me, it would have to be Nirvana's appearance, hands down.

I remember seeing the show just a few hours after Cobain killed himself, it was sad but still a beautiful performance.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/04/04 at 11:52 am

I remember Nirvana's performance, but I definitely liked Stone Temple Pilots' episode. Anyone remember the rap version with L.L. Cool J?

I don't think they could do a show like that today with everyone lip-synching and having no true musical talent.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/19/05 at 5:49 pm

I LOVE the Nirvana one as well as Alice In Chains :\'(

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/20/05 at 2:34 am

My two favorites was Nirvana's and Eric Clapton. I actually cried when he sang "Tears in Heaven"

Written By: chaka on 04/13/05 at 9:48 am

I still get chills when I hear Kurts voice on the Unplugged album...haunting and yet beautiful
Alice In Chains Unplugged is just as beautiful,you can only feel raw pain...

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 04/15/05 at 6:57 pm

Alot of great bands did Unplugged. The Black Crowes, Pearl Jam, STP,Alice In Chains, Lenny Kravitz,Don henley,Rod stewart, Seal, Stevie Ray Vaughn. I always wanted GNR to do it but unfortunately it never happened.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/15/05 at 11:55 pm

I still get chills when I hear Kurts voice on the Unplugged album...haunting and yet beautiful
Alice In Chains Unplugged is just as beautiful,you can only feel raw pain...

I have Nirvana, AIC, and Eric Clapton Unplugged CD's. I am biased towards Alice in Chains anyway, but that was great ( even them screwing up " Sludge Factory ", which wasn't on VHS but on DVD ). Sadly Nirvana nor AIC will be making any more music. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...