inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what was your fav summer of the 1990's?

Written By: babbsy_uk on 08/09/04 at 11:18 am

mine would be 1995 when i was 15 years old and joined the army cadets and had the time of my life that summer

very warm summer here to and the music of 95 was terrific with brit-pop in full swing

what would yours be and where ya from?

i am from northern ireland,uk

Subject: Re: what was your fav summer of the 1990's?

Written By: Layce on 08/09/04 at 1:05 pm

Hi babbsy_uk,

well I think my favorite summer was 1993  ::)    Good time, good music good everything!

It was fun fun fun!  If I had a time machine I'd go back to relive it about a hundred times! 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/09/04 at 3:45 pm

1994!

It was the summer I left home for college! How I wish I could go back!

Tanya

Written By: DJ Midas on 08/10/04 at 3:04 am

Probalbly 1992.  Spent most of it in Chicago dancing to old skool techno. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/04 at 1:11 pm

1998. I had just moved in with the love of my life, Don Carlos, and we went on a cross-country trip. We stopped in Tulsa, OK for my grandmother's 90th birthday party/family reunion. Then we went out to L.A. to visit my (now) sister-in-law. My first trip to California. We sailed to Catalina Island, went to Hollywood and did the "tourist thing" and went to Disneyland (yes, my first trip there, too). After leaving L.A., we stopped in Vegas for about 2 hours. I won $300 in a slot machine. We then went to Zion National Park. We stopped in Denver to visit friends before heading home. Besides the heat (we were in an un-air-conditioned car) and the fact that car died outside Indianapolis on the way out (but it happened at the motel we stopped at for the night) that delayed us several hours, it was a GREAT trip!

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/10/04 at 3:36 pm

1994!

It was the summer I left home for college! How I wish I could go back!

Tanya

That's when I made the transition from middle school to high school. Hard to believe that was ten years ago already!

Written By: Bobby on 08/10/04 at 4:51 pm

Hello Babbsy!

My favourite summer was 1991. I was 12 years old, playing out 'till dark with my mates and being a little rascal.  ;D

Written By: prettypete on 08/16/04 at 6:12 am

whatever year Nikki French, Monica, and Gangsta's Paradise came out. I think 95' but not sure.

Written By: nally on 08/16/04 at 10:42 am

whatever year Nikki French, Monica, and Gangsta's Paradise came out. I think 95 but not sure.

That was indeed 1995. I remember it very well. :)

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/04 at 11:24 am

whatever year Nikki French, Monica, and Gangsta's Paradise came out. I think 95' but not sure.

Nikki French! I only remember her do a cover of Tyler's 'Total eclipse of the heart' and never saw her again!

Written By: onaree on 08/19/04 at 10:29 am

1996.  I graduated college on May 18 and got married on May 25.  Honeymoon all summer!

Written By: Kyle on 08/21/04 at 4:56 pm

1999.  :)  That year was one of the  best years of my life.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 08/22/04 at 12:22 pm

the summer of '92 was awesome. drank myself into a stooper that summer, everyday was a party and i never got sick. gamed all day and drank all night.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/22/04 at 12:31 pm

1990....my youngest son Brian was 1 and a half and my oldest, Rich, was 8. Those were the good days :)

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 08/31/04 at 10:07 am

It would have to be Aug 14,1990
My son was born, and my daughter was 1 in march of that same year...
Man,where did the time go...they're teenagers now...

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 09/06/04 at 4:21 am

Jeez, that's a tight one between Summer 1990, right after I graduated and started working "in the real world", and Summer 1992 when I got married and moved away to start my life with my new hubby.  :-*

Written By: goodsin on 10/02/04 at 8:59 am

1991. The 'second summer of love' for luvved-up UK ravers. Spiral Tribe, Armageddon, DIY, Circus Warp. Convoys of thousands converging on barns, warehouses, fields, to dance 'til dawn & get luvved up. We felt like we were ushering in a Dionysian revolution...

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 2:25 am

Of what I remember, 1996.  The last old school summer ever with good Nick and Nintendo and all.  I miss those days  :-\\

Written By: 90s boy on 03/12/05 at 2:13 pm

1999.   :)  That year was one of the  best years of my life.

1999 baby lol one of the best summers of my life along with 1996 2001 2002 but 1999 would be the best the best summer song of that year would be LEN Steal My Sunshine

Written By: Punk Daddy on 03/13/05 at 12:22 am

Definitely 1995.

I graduated High School. Had a blast before heading to college.

Fell in love with Seal's "Kiss from a Rose"

and was the 'cool' bus boy at the Holiday Inn in my little town.

Man, I wish I could go back....just for a day or two.

Written By: Feiticeira on 03/17/05 at 7:02 pm

1996... Can't remember much but I know that I was still in school so it was summer holidays.  It was also the year that I discovered the Manic Street Preachers.  So I had their album playiing non-stop until Winter when they finally stopped releasing singles.

It was also the last time that my and my brother actually went outside and played football in the playing fields behind my house, like we used to a kids.  Before he got a job and didn't have time for me  :\'(

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/19/05 at 12:28 am

1995 most definitely. That was the year that I went to Italy for 2 weeks. IT was also my first time on an airplane. I had so much fun.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/03/05 at 4:17 am

1991....the year I flew out to Berkely,California to present a workshop at the Alternatives '91 national mental health consumer conference...

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/03/05 at 4:21 pm

I had a few.  1992, 95, 96, 97, 98......but 1999 will go down as the baddest, @§§-kicking summer of the 20th century.  Lemme tell ya:  Well I was already 21 and I stayed at the college dorms for summer school, so I could try to graduate early.  I pretty much had the whole freakin' dorms to myself after all the other kids left.  It was like me, a couple of basketball players, the RDs, and 4 other students living there.  Me and one of the RDs used to get drunk and play Tekken 3 every night.  Crap, we played alot of video games, come to think about it.  We had some craaaazy parties in the dorms that summer.  That was in June of '99.  In July (when Nostradamus predicted July of the month of Armaggedon)  We had a massive Armaggedon party that was one of the best parties we ever had in dorm history.  The only Armaggedon that happened that night was that I puked 11 times after several shots of tequila and Bacardi 151º.  The next day, I had to get my new student card......a picture one taken.  I still have my student card with my hung-over mug and a big §h!t eating grin.  Well Nostradamus's prediction rocked MY world in July of '99.  Then, I went back home for the rest of the summer in late July before going back in the fall.  My friends that I hung out every summer would go out downtown bar/club hopping.  Then it was off to the foothills to party some more and play silly bonfire games until one night we almost caught them on fire because some stupid idiot thought it would be cool to stand on a burning wood pallet to see if he could last before his shoes started melting.  That was my favourite summer because I was 21 and I could legally drink.  Sorry I went overboard, but I like to tell stories in my posts. 8)

Written By: d_brofi on 04/11/05 at 8:02 pm

1999 baby lol one of the best summers of my life along with 1996 2001 2002 but 1999 would be the best the best summer song of that year would be LEN Steal My Sunshine

Oh yeah, definitely. 99 was the greatest year, period. Funny thing, I don't know a single person that doesn't think '99 was a good year for them, either . . . did some sort of astronomical rare planet alignment or something happen in that year to make everything perfect and wonderful?

1995 was pretty good too, the music didn't make a complete vast sucking sound yet, and Nickelodeon still showed some of the really great shows and whatnot.

But there won't ever be another year like 1999  :)

peace is the word
bunny

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 04/17/05 at 3:24 pm

1996 was by far my best summer of the 90s.  I was living in Atlanta during the Olympics, moved from a dumpy apartment with no air conditioning (in Atlanta...in the summer!) into a really cool in-town apartment and really had my life together for the first time in my adult life.  Just finished with a ton of "mental housecleaning" ridding myself of the things and people who had brought me down.  Kicked a pretty pricey and self destructive drug habit (sure wish I had that time and all of that money back!).  Lost a lot of weight and was feeling really good about myself.  I really had my act together in the summer of 96.  If I remember correctly, I finally gave up the "big hair" thing around that time too - LOL.  I will confess to having a modified "Rachel" haircut, but you gotta admit, that's better than big hair, compliments of Aquanet!  Although I might just be one of those people you see on the show What Not To Wear...I'll be the one in the baby doll dress over black leggings, a choker and a pair of combat boots.  Man, I miss the 90s!!

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 3:27 pm

1994 here. That summer we went to Disney World, and also I spent a lot of time hanging out with my cousin/best friend, it was the first summer where he came and stayed for a week(he lived a couple of hours away), and that seemed like a long time at that age. I was only 6, things were funner at that age. We played and played. My uncle's house(where he was staying) was right by a bunch of woods with trails and stuff, and my uncle had a big back yard with ducks and a rope swing. And my older cousin(who was 19-20 at the time) took the time to actually play with us little kids.

AND we got up on the Sunday morning before he left real early, my unc cooked pancakes, and then we went to the zoo. A lot of fun there, and it became a tradition.

Written By: Ilanie ishak on 11/19/05 at 3:11 pm

1990, with my dad and sister. It's screening of the the first Ninja Turtles movies.

<i>
got paypal? donate me a dollar: ilanie_ishak@yahoo.com

http://www.myspace.com/ilanieishak
</i>

Written By: TarzSp on 11/19/05 at 4:27 pm

Is anyone on this board Younger than 22?? It gets kind of boring chatting with 30 year olds who didn't even really care much for the 90's  ;D

Anyway, the only Summers I even remember during the 90's were 1994, 1997, 1998 and 1999.  My favorite is between 1998 and 1999 but I would go with 1998.  It was the very first time I ever got the Internet, we had just signed up for AOL and my very first night on it I stayed on it for about 12 hours straight and didn't even go to sleep.  It was fun that Summer because every single night I had a daily routine, I would go on the Internet all night long while watching "MTV After Hours".  God, I can still remember how repetitive MTV was at night, they kept playing the SAME Music Videos such as "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies, "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger and "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls

Summer of 1999 was great for me as well, it was the Summer than I really started becoming a Die Hard WWF fan and I would always look forward to Raw Is War every Monday night.  I also remember going to Six Flags that year and just had fun overall.  I know alot of you hate 1999 mainly because you're all 30 year olds who mourn for the 80's more, but for me, 1998 and 1999 were fun

Written By: audkal on 11/19/05 at 9:15 pm

My favorite summer was 1993, which is suprising because I was just barely 4 years old.

Written By: rich1981 on 11/20/05 at 12:04 am

A tough one, I don't think I had a summer in this decade which I particularly disliked except 1996 but I digress...

I would have to go with 1990, because this was the first time I went on my own to Mexico City to see my relatives and it was quite an experience for someone who has never traveled on his own before.  Learning the ways of living there was a true experience, very different than my life back home in San Diego, California. This was also the summer I got really acquainted with nintendo and the atari since my family never owned one before this time, and influenced me to buy one a few years later. Everything was so innocent back then with our family, my little brother was barely turning 3 years old and I  barely finished third grade.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 11/30/05 at 3:59 am

1994, I guess. Probably the height of me being a wrestling fan. Hanging out with my best friend ever, who I hadn't seen in 5 or so years. The big movies. I had summer school, but it didn't suck nearly as much as it could've.

Written By: Satish on 12/01/05 at 10:28 am

It was definitely the summer of 1990! I was 10 years old, and it was the last summer before my family moved away to a new city that I didn't like at all. Me and my friends spent most of our time playing outside. We made up this game called dodge-tag(a combination of dodge ball and tag), where the person who was it ran after everyone else, trying to hit them with the ball. The playground in the park had all these slides, ladders and platforms that you could climb up and down, and we'd play on that. We played handball on the corner streets, too. We also watched a whole lot of movies on our VCR. It was great fun!  :)

Other than that though, I didn't care too much for the 90s. The summers of 93 and 94 were just awful.  :(

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/02/05 at 3:16 pm

for me it was 1998 period 1998 had some great shows in the summertime but 1998 it best for it's movies and song like "iris" and "one week" but personly it was they year of DX in wwe tv and also it was the year of nWo wolfpac actully the height of the WWE (was wwf at the that time) monday night wars and we were living in a house in east toledo and the summer of 1998 rocks

Check for new replies or respond here...