inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was this toy called?!

Written By: Blake on 08/20/04 at 3:04 am

Ok, so you all remember Creepy Crawlers.....but does anyone remember the little science lab toy with the edible stuff you made?  Or how about the giant white skull with gooey temples, and zits, and other random stuff.  If anyone even has a CLUE as to what these toys are called, that would be awesomely tight.

Gooday!

Subject: Re: What was this toy called?!

Written By: gemini61 on 08/20/04 at 4:10 pm

Ok, so you all remember Creepy Crawlers.....but does anyone remember the little science lab toy with the edible stuff you made?  Or how about the giant white skull with gooey temples, and zits, and other random stuff.  If anyone even has a CLUE as to what these toys are called, that would be awesomely tight.

Gooday!

Ok, I think the toy with the edible stuff was called "Incredible Edibles", but I have no idea what the other one is. I hope this helps out a little!  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/20/04 at 8:04 pm

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/box_cc.JPG

I remember Creepy Crawlers but not sure what the other is. ???

Howard

Written By: Blake on 08/21/04 at 5:46 am

Yea, I remembered Creepy Crawlers, and the Incredible Edibles I think may have been a bit before my time.  I was like, ohhh, 9 or 10 maybe when this came out, and I am now 19.  I remember it being a skull, thats it, with a moving jaw, and perhaps edible parts to it.

We're getting close, if anyone can think of anything more, anything at all, lemme know!!!

Thanks guys!!

Blizzle

Written By: saver on 08/21/04 at 5:21 pm

I forgot the name of the 'thing maker' (unless that was what it was originally called)..because I would use on at my friends house making FANGS ,EYEBALLS, etc...I wouldmake the teeth black with white gums but it may have been something like the Monster Maker??

They would advertise it where you would use plastic 'GOOP' to pour in the molds.

Hard to find the copy /photo for it...was it CALLED 'Monster Maker?' or 'Gooey (smoething)?'
Write Mattel, they'll know for sure.(or if it's on their site?)

Saw a book on the market that had photos-when they could get them- of the toys from the 60's, like Mr. Machine, and it takes you down memory lane.(not sure the name-maybe just 'Toys from the 60's).They also had earlier ones published too.

Written By: Blake on 08/22/04 at 1:51 am

Hey thanks man, I think if I can ever get a real email address and not just a bunch of redirected links to FAQ's, I will email em and ask them.

Thanks you guys for your help!!

Written By: Howard on 08/22/04 at 4:37 pm

http://www.detnews.com/halloween/monstermaker/monster.htm

Speaking of monster maker you can create your own monster by dragging the body parts to his frame.Enjoy! :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...