inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Woody & Soon Yi

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/24/04 at 7:43 am

True love story or borderline incest?

I think it's a bit gross myself, considering that he was a part of her life from the time she was about 8 years old and was like a father figure to her when she was growing up.  Maybe they really do love each other, though, since they're still married and raising a child.

Subject: Re: Woody & Soon Yi

Written By: Dagwood on 08/24/04 at 7:47 pm

Borderline incest.  I think it is disgusting...she may not have been his child, but he did help raise her.  I can't watch a Woody Allen movie to this day.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 5:40 pm

Not borderline. Plain incest.  He took the place of a father figure.  I have no idea what was/is in
her mind, but we can't hold Mia blameless either.  Maximum dysfunction.  I heard rumors that the
child they had was actually adopted, Is that true?

Written By: Koop on 08/28/04 at 6:13 pm

Not borderline. Plain incest.  He took the place of a father figure.  I have no idea what was/is in
her mind, but we can't hold Mia blameless either.  Maximum dysfunction.  I heard rumors that the
child they had was actually adopted, Is that true?

They adopted one (Dylan) and had one (Satchel).  Allen tried to get custody of them, plus one other child (Moses) that Farrow adopted.  (I recently read Farrow's autobiography, so I only know "her" side)  They apparently started the whole thing while Soon Yi was still in high school.  Sad situation.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/28/04 at 6:33 pm

They might be closet rednecks :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/04 at 11:39 pm

They might be closet rednecks :P

Yar, multi-ethnic upper westside rednecks, there's a niche market for ya!

At the very best his relationship with Soon Yi at the outset was "highly inappropriate," and I mean at best.  Now, I guess it's their business how they want to carry on.  It was at the start of the affair that I realized what a total @ssh*le Woody really is.  I still like most of his movies.  Some are ingenius, like "Annie Hall," and "Broadway Danny Rose," some are lame, like "Shadows and Fog" and "The Jade Scorpion."  Others are middling, such as "The Purple Rose of Cairo," and "Deconstructing Harry."  But Woody as a person, I wouldn't give him the time of day.
:P

Written By: danootaandme on 08/29/04 at 8:01 am

They adopted one (Dylan) and had one (Satchel).  Allen tried to get custody of them, plus one other child (Moses) that Farrow adopted.  (I recently read Farrow's autobiography, so I only know "her" side)  They apparently started the whole thing while Soon Yi was still in high school.  Sad situation.

I mean the one Soon Yi and Woody have.  I heard that that child was adopted.  If the child is I would
wonder about how, given that history, they would be able to adopt ahead of so many more.  Of course
money changes everything.  It is sad that it is so much easier to buy a baby than adopt one. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/29/04 at 7:33 pm

Yar, multi-ethnic upper westside rednecks, there's a niche market for ya!

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...