inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: wwf raw or wcw monday nitro

Written By: printer on 08/30/04 at 1:49 pm

which was better during the 90's ,i put wwf down because it wasn't callled wwe yet

Subject: Re: wwf raw or wcw monday nitro

Written By: printer on 08/30/04 at 1:50 pm

i forgot to say raw was better even though isaw it at the end of the 90's

Written By: Howard on 08/30/04 at 7:30 pm

RAW was definitely the better show.Smackdown aired in 1999 and after the roster split 2 years later,It went downhill from there. :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/30/04 at 8:16 pm

I preferred WCW Nitro around 1998/1999. However, it got severely bad in 2000 (oddly enough when Vince 'I've never seen an angle I couldn't ruin' Russo, 'The Megalomaniac' Jeff Jarrett and David 'What the hell am I doing here?' Arquette took over). Unsurprisingly enough, Jeff Jarrett continues in the same way on NWA-TNA.  :-\\

Written By: Kryllith on 08/31/04 at 12:35 pm

I liked both shows, but as to my favorite... I'd guess that would depend on whatever storylines were going on at the time. Think WCW was in it's hayday when the NWO was strongest (ie, 1 group not the split factions) and you had everyone else vying against them and just trying to survive. When NWO split then they fought against each other and everyone else did their own thing... kinda took the starch out of the whole thing. For the most part, I'd watch WCW the first hour, then watch Raw and occasionally switch back if things were slow.

Kryllith

Written By: Koop on 08/31/04 at 1:10 pm

I'm split....I liked WCW when the nWo were really going, but toward the end of the decade, I prefered Raw is War. 

I stopped watching when it became "The Triple H Show". (I can't stand him)  I heard that it's getting better, but I haven't gotten into it as of yet.

Written By: printer on 08/31/04 at 1:28 pm

RAW was definitely the better show.Smackdown aired in 1999 and after the roster split 2 years later,It went downhill from there. :P

the roster split happened 3 years after smackdown debuted

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 3:56 pm

I'm split....I liked WCW when the nWo were really going, but toward the end of the decade, I prefered Raw is War. 

I stopped watching when it became "The Triple H Show". (I can't stand him)  I heard that it's getting better, but I haven't gotten into it as of yet.

The Triple H Show happened when Stephanie McMahon teamed with him and made him part of Smackdown's show.
Triple H is a TV Hog. >:(

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 3:57 pm

I preferred RAW instead of watching the same old stuff on Nitro a couple of years ago.  :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 5:02 pm

HHH bores me stupid - it's official!  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/31/04 at 5:16 pm

HHH bores me stupid - it's official!  :D

He was better with the quiet English accent 8 years ago and not screaming so much.
He should've stayed The Connecticut Blueblood. :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 08/31/04 at 7:05 pm

He was better with the quiet English accent 8 years ago and not screaming so much.
He should've stayed The Connecticut Blueblood. :P

I was happy with the idea of Ultimate Warrior squashing HHH within 2 minutes at Wrestlemania 12!

Written By: Howard on 09/01/04 at 8:39 pm

I was happy with the idea of Ultimate Warrior squashing HHH within 2 minutes at Wrestlemania 12!

If The Warrior would just come back and squash HHH again in 2 minutes or less ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/02/04 at 6:10 am

If The Warrior would just come back and squash HHH again in 2 minutes or less ;D

It would knock the ego out of him, wouldn't it?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 7:52 pm

It would knock the ego out of him, wouldn't it?  ;D

HHH should've never had an ego.I guess WWF needs HHH.without him there would've been no Marc Mero and Sable. ;D

Howard

Written By: BLO-TOWN on 09/03/04 at 1:39 pm

raw was the better show, the only thing i liked about wcw was the nwo and then the nwo had like 10 different factions and it was horrible coupled with the fact that wcw wrestling looked so fake

ECW had a better show than both of them to be honest...

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/04 at 5:04 pm

HHH should've never had an ego.I guess WWF needs HHH.without him there would've been no Marc Mero and Sable.

I could never understand why the WWE called him 'Wildman' (considering he wasn't particularly charismatic), he should have been given his Johnny Be Badd gimmick from WCW (that man didn't half look like Little Richard).

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/04 at 5:14 pm

ECW had a better show than both of them to be honest...

I agree, it had quite a surreal bent to it really that wasn't drawn to any particular reality. It was stuck in a satirical groove that commented on the abnormalities of the wrestling business (nothing explains this better than the stable FBI, ECW's way of satirizing the way WWF, WCW use gimmicks to bad effect - casting Tracy Smothers of all people as an Italian is a stroke of mad genius  ;D).

Tommy Dreamer IMO was portraying the Greg Valentine/Tito Santana's of the wrestling business, portraying the loyal wrestler that would take his lumps and wear relatively little gold during their lengthy career in the organisation while up-and-comers (namely Raven/Shane Douglas) would be handed it on arrival.

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/04/04 at 8:46 am

I personally think ya can't choose overall, so I think of it this way :

96-97 : I go for Nitro
98-99 : I go for Raw

Nitro was good at certain time, but then they started to ruin the storylines bit by bit, and ended up sold to WWE,

ECW was fudgein awesome till around 98 then it started to go downhill by time, less money, and best wrestlers goin, coz not gettin paid, like Sabu, Shane Douglas, and some others,

Xonnie316

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/04 at 8:15 pm

ECW was fudgein awesome till around 98 then it started to go downhill by time, less money, and best wrestlers goin, coz not gettin paid, like Sabu, Shane Douglas, and some others,

I loved ECW up until it's end at the start of 2001 (Guilty as Charged 2001 being the last P-P-V). I had trouble with Justin Credible/Steve Corino being ECW title holders though as there were much better people who deserved the belt - Corino didn't half blade himself though!

Written By: Fred on 09/05/04 at 2:49 am

Raw, is better IMO.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 7:29 pm

I could never understand why the WWE called him 'Wildman' (considering he wasn't particularly charismatic), he should have been given his Johnny Be Badd gimmick from WCW (that man didn't half look like Little Richard).

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/m/marcmero/07.jpg

He looks wild.remember his buzzcut a couple of years later? ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/07/04 at 7:43 pm

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/m/marcmero/07.jpg

He looks wild.remember his buzzcut a couple of years later? ;D

I remember him too much as Johnny B Badd, Howard. That gimmick, regardless of how stupid it seemed at the time, was quite a good one - his likeness to Little Richard is incredible. If only they could have developed it further (and gave him a better finisher - the 'Tutti Fruiti' being a short jab? Pah!)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 7:45 pm

I remember him too much as Johnny B Badd, Howard. That gimmick, regardless of how stupid it seemed at the time, was quite a good one - his likeness to Little Richard is incredible. If only they could have developed it further (and gave him a better finisher - the 'Tutti Fruiti' being a short jab? Pah!)

remember Marvelous Marc Mero?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/m/marcmero/05.jpg

Howard

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/09/04 at 8:22 am

I never actually liked Marc Mero that much, either in WCW or WWE,

Didn't see that much potential in him, especially when he was Marvelous Marc Mero, showin off as a boxer, he sucked so much, couldn't stand him on tv,

What did Sable see in him ?

Written By: Bobby on 09/09/04 at 6:27 pm

Didn't see that much potential in him, especially when he was Marvelous Marc Mero, showin off as a boxer, he sucked so much, couldn't stand him on tv,

Marc Mero was awful but, at least, he showed a little charisma in WCW. I know what Sable saw in him - a meal ticket.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 8:16 pm

I'm glad Sable broke up with Marc Mero.Remember the time when he told Sable to pin him without any wrestling moves & Marc just rolled her up and Sable was gone after that silly storyline?

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 8:18 pm

After he became The Boxer his career went downhill in 1998 after that. :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/12/04 at 7:42 am

I'm glad Sable broke up with Marc Mero.Remember the time when he told Sable to pin him without any wrestling moves & Marc just rolled her up and Sable was gone after that silly storyline?

Is Sable still with the WWE? Her latest venture with the company is just simply an embarrassment.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/04 at 9:51 am

Is Sable still with the WWE? Her latest venture with the company is just simply an embarrassment.

She was fired again a few months ago.Hopefully,this time she'll stay gone. ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/12/04 at 4:41 pm

She was fired again a few months ago.Hopefully,this time she'll stay gone. ::)

She was an awful actress. Her attempts at being sexy and seductive were quite a turn off - bring back Debra McMichael.

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 9:14 pm

She was an awful actress. Her attempts at being sexy and seductive were quite a turn off - bring back Debra McMichael.

Nah,I don't think so.Debra McMichael has an ego. :P

Howard

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/14/04 at 8:30 am

I didn't like Debra McMichael she was like really old, and trying to look young,

I like to see 20 - 30 years old in the squared circle,

Not like Terri or Debra McMichael or Sable, they maybe look hot for there age, but just turn me off still tryin to look hot, and in those storylines,

I rather see the fresh meat,

Xonnie316

Written By: Howard on 09/14/04 at 10:20 am

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/0/debscookies.jpg

Remember this storyline where Debra gave Steve Austin a plate of cookies?

Howard

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/14/04 at 11:43 am

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/0/debscookies.jpg

Remember this storyline where Debra gave Steve Austin a plate of cookies?

Howard

Oh yeah and they always acted like they liked them cookies, but they always tasted like crap

And you wrestling fans if you wanna check out my website and forum its @ www.wrestlingCHAOS.co.uk

Regarding the site check out the Fans With Wrestlers section,

And about the forum we got 2000+ Members and we talk about everything.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 9:04 pm

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/d/debrawilliams/40.jpg

She was trying to make herself look younger with all that plastic surgery.She must be close to 50 years old now. :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/20/04 at 7:43 pm

Nah,I don't think so.Debra McMichael has an ego. :P

Don't they all?  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 09/20/04 at 7:45 pm

I didn't like Debra McMichael she was like really old, and trying to look young,

I like to see 20 - 30 years old in the squared circle,

Not like Terri or Debra McMichael or Sable, they maybe look hot for there age, but just turn me off still tryin to look hot, and in those storylines,

I rather see the fresh meat,

Xonnie316

Just simply another example of the WWE not knowing what to do with these women. As for Debra well . . .  I tend to like older women.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/04 at 8:55 pm

Just simply another example of the WWE not knowing what to do with these women. As for Debra well . . .  I tend to like older women.  ;)

would Moolah and Mae Young do as older women like you say?  ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/25/04 at 5:11 pm

would Moolah and Mae Young do as older women like you say?  ;D ;)

LOL! There are limits, Howard. I don't mind women about 10/15 years older than myself . . . However, this is not WWF Raw or WCW Monday Nitro.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...