inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: JUICE BOXES

Written By: Eva on 08/30/04 at 11:36 pm

This may sound ridiculous, but this has really bothered me.
Does anyone remember those juice boxes in the 90's...well, I don't remember drinking them since...
Very tiny, a lot smaller than the normal juice boxes...
They were white, with these storybook illustrations on them.
I seem to remember animals like frogs and kittens...possibly wearing clothes?
I'm desperately seeking the name of these juice boxes.
Thanks for any help.

Subject: Re: JUICE BOXES

Written By: Hairspray on 08/31/04 at 9:06 am

Does anyone remember those juice boxes in the 90's...well, I don't remember drinking them since...
Thanks for any help.

I believe those are called Junior Juice and if so they are still available. I hope I was able to help.

Written By: Eva on 09/07/04 at 10:36 pm

You are my favorite person.  I looked them up, that must be right.  It sounds right.  Thank you so much.

Written By: McDonald on 09/09/04 at 10:37 am

What about those adult juice boxes called "Boku," that were endorsed by Richard Lewis in those awful commercials...?

Anyone?

Written By: Howard on 09/09/04 at 8:45 pm

What about those adult juice boxes called "Boku," that were endorsed by Richard Lewis in those awful commercials...?

Anyone?

Yes,McDonald I remember them.Here is a picture:

http://staff.washington.edu/bradleyb/cranes/boku.jpg

Howard

Written By: Kristen on 09/16/04 at 2:31 am

They were called Jr Juice,I dont know if they are still available or not but I do remember the name distinctly,I can remember being young and drinking out of them and looking at the funny little animals in clothes on the box

Written By: d_brofi on 04/13/05 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for any help.

OMG I nearly had a heart attack when I read this, what a twilight zone moment . . . my grandma used to get these for me when I was like, six or something lol. Then out of nowhere I rememebered them about seven years ago and started asking around but all I got was crazy "what are you talking about" looks. I finally was convinced I had dreamed these up or something! o_O

peace is the word
bunny

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/13/05 at 8:58 pm

Worse juice box drink I had as a kid... Gatoraid.  ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/14/05 at 6:22 am

Oh yeah, I remember those things - had the teeny straw taped to the box, and they weren't very big. I had 'em packed in with my lunch in late Elementary School quite often (1993-94 time frame).

They were pretty dull-tasting/feeling to me (this thread brings back memories -- not such good ones either!! -- if you asked my past self what he was thinking every time he had one, it would be how I couldn't wait to get home and have a soda or "something real to drink" as I used to put it). ;D

But, with all due respect, better than nothing. The apple ones were my favorite, I think.

Written By: SkyLowLow on 04/18/05 at 4:28 pm

Worse juice box drink I had as a kid... Gatoraid.  ::)

Yeah but it was nothing compared to the "Last for 5 seconds" Gum  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/05 at 6:46 pm

Yeah but it was nothing compared to the "Last for 5 seconds" Gum  ::)

That exsits?  :o  ;D

Written By: c on 02/05/10 at 2:31 am

http://images.naturalcollection.com/images/resize280/43726.jpg

to reply to the original post....NO you are not alone! i thought i was making it up as well. but i looked up junior juice and that
didn't make me feel like i had found it. i think you may find that the above image from peter rabbit organics is the juice box you remember.
i know it was for me.

hope i helped.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/11 at 1:43 am

I believe those are called Junior Juice and if so they are still available. I hope I was able to help.

Yup.  That picture up there sure looks like the Beatrix Potter-themed juice box that a blogger at URLEsque is looking for.  

And putting those two things together, takes you here:

Jack Stockman was the artist on the McCain Junior Juice juice boxes.  (And the 4.2 ounces on the 12-pack label is the Imperial equivalent of the 125 ml on the individual box shown above.)

And here's the commercial for McCain's Junior Juice, dated 1991:

QuBmvM-f_TU

Did they exist?  Absolutely.

Still available?  Now that's an interesting question.  Junior Juice has probably been a dead brand for ages.  But a company called Peter Rabbit Organics still exists, and still sells Beatrix-Potter themed veggie and fruit purees, and although the packaging is a more modern bag-style package over a tetra-pak/juice box, the typeface on the Peter Rabbit Organics labels matches the one used "c"'s post.  The company website contains no information on the company's history, so it's hard to tell.  Furthermore, the sister company, Peter Rabbit Organics UK, features 150ml drinking-box-sized containers, and like the blue package above, they're marked in metric only, no Imperial measurements.  And as a niche organic player, they seem to be on the opposite end of the market from mass market producer McCain.  

It's entirely possible we've been confusing two completely unrelated Beatrix Potter-themed juice boxes all along?  One from conglomerate McCain, and one from this US/UK gourmet/organic company?

Check for new replies or respond here...