inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tenacious D

Written By: bj26 on 09/10/04 at 10:56 am

Anyone have info on this show starring Jack Black and Kyle Gass, how would you describe the show?  I thought it was incredible and didn't realize what accomplished musicians the two are. 

Subject: Re: Tenacious D

Written By: mrgazpacho on 09/11/04 at 9:33 am

They have a show now?

Written By: Howard on 09/11/04 at 9:36 am

Who's Tenacious D?

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 09/11/04 at 11:29 am

Who's Tenacious D?

A kind of comedy rock band Howard. It involves Jack Black and Kyle and the comedy is they take themselves and their music far too seriously (nothing explains this better than the hilarious 'inward singing' track). 'Tribute', 'Wonderboy' and 'F**k her gently' (sorry for having to use that word on the boards) are brilliant tracks as well.

Written By: bj26 on 09/13/04 at 7:19 am

A kind of comedy rock band Howard. It involves Jack Black and Kyle and the comedy is they take themselves and their music far too seriously (nothing explains this better than the hilarious 'inward singing' track). 'Tribute', 'Wonderboy' and 'F**k her gently' (sorry for having to use that word on the boards) are brilliant tracks as well.

Thanks Bobby,
I believe there were ten 15 minute shorts made by Black and Gass in the mid 90s.  They usually begin each short trying to establish themselves as the great musicians they are to a tiny audience in some bar where no one is very excited or very lively, i.e. one or two people clap after they sing these passionate screaming rock operettas.  Hey Howard, you got it first here, soon Tenacious D will be the talk of the town! (maybe). 

Written By: McDonald on 09/13/04 at 1:09 pm

All the shows and some extras are available on the Tenacious D DVD.

Written By: KimberIndy on 09/26/04 at 10:01 am

Tenacious D used to have a show on HBO. They still show repeats of it, usually in the middle of the night (like 4 in the morning)! I set my TiVO to search for them and record them as they are re-broadcast.

However, if you'd like to see all their stuff, just buy Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it. Pure comedy gold!!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 09/26/04 at 7:16 pm

Oh, I see! :)

Written By: bj26 on 09/27/04 at 7:30 am

There were some of the episodes on HBO last night from 9:30 to 11, they were pretty good. Remember one skit where Jack Black and his bro Kyle were in love with the same girl. The gilr liked clogging so she and Kyle wore those wooden Dutch souvenir shoes and started clogging?  It was insane, I've never seen anything so wacked, that's why I like the show.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/04/04 at 3:05 pm

ha ha, "You like clogging?"

"Oh yeah it's my biggest weakness, apart from my love of satan, anyway iv'e gotta be quick im having my spine pierced later..."

"oh my god, i have my spine pierced and i am totally in to satan"

Oh you fixed my car...??? Yup classic  ;D

Written By: bj26 on 10/05/04 at 8:54 am

ha ha, "You like clogging?"

"Oh yeah it's my biggest weakness, apart from my love of satan, anyway iv'e gotta be quick im having my spine pierced later..."

"oh my god, i have my spine pierced and i am totally in to satan"

Oh you fixed my car...??? Yup classic  ;D

Yes, it is quite a cool show, and I really like their music, kind of modern hard folk rock.

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/09/04 at 12:10 pm

I only found this site today and I am freaking hooked on it....

I really like Tenacious D... I love their cameo apperance in the Foos video too.  I would love to go out on the town with them one night, I bet they are hilarious to be around.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/09/04 at 2:44 pm

Kyle looks like my uncle's friend Bob, and when i say look like let's say i made a trans-atlantic call to find out if it was actually him

Written By: Jakal on 10/14/04 at 7:02 pm

Ok i think ive heard of them
they did a cool song
"Tribute" i think its called
supposed to be a tribute to stairway to heaven ??
anyone??  ???

Written By: bj26 on 10/15/04 at 7:30 am

Ok i think ive heard of them
they did a cool song
"Tribute" i think its called
supposed to be a tribute to stairway to heaven ??
anyone??   ???

Jakal, please check out the lyrics, I think it's a play on the Devil went down to Georgia, who knows TD is on a different plane of dementia!!!!!
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/t/tenaciousdlyrics/tributelyrics.html

Check for new replies or respond here...